Report: RED SOX win top bid for Japanesse pitcher | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: RED SOX win top bid for Japanesse pitcher

UCFinfan86 said:
The yankees have never came out and publicly and did it, but like sheffield for example, there where rumors that the Redsox were going after him(not that i want him), now did they do it so the Redsox couldn't sign him? Proably not entirely, but to some extent? maybe

And when did i say anything at all about 2nd city mentality?? Someone mentioned something about Redsox fans view of Evil Empire or something, thats not 2nd city mentality

Your paranoid!

UCFinfan86 said:
about.....

It seems like you got conspiracy theory's that everything the Yankees do is to stick it to the Red Sox. Did it ever occur to you that the Yankees just have more money to spend and offered these guys more money and needed these players to improve and that's why they got all these guys, not to stick to the Red Sox?

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
It seems like you got conspiracy theory's that everything the Yankees do is to stick it to the Red Sox. Did it ever occur to you that the Yankees just have more money to spend and offered these guys more money and needed these players to improve and that's why they got all these guys, not to stick to the Red Sox?

Where did i say conspiracy? They did 1 move in Sheffield(which i beleive, which was a good move by them, i just don't feel it was a fair move) and now its a conspiracy? If you are referring to Damon also, they could have very easily wanted him for 12 million a year, or they could have wanted to just take him for the sox, or a combination of both, neither of us really know. I didn't know i had a conspiracy theory going on

and actually it goes both ways, the Redsox very easily could right now be trying to block Matzaka from going to the yankees, and im sure there was other moves in which the sox have done this, maybe all the time they just aren't made public.

UCFinfan86 said:
The yankees have never came out and publicly and did it, but like sheffield for example, there where rumors that the Redsox were going after him(not that i want him), now did they do it so the Redsox couldn't sign him? Proably not entirely, but to some extent? maybe

And when did i say anything at all about 2nd city mentality?? Someone mentioned something about Redsox fans view of Evil Empire or something, thats not 2nd city mentality

The Red Sox weren't signing Sheff.:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

They won't pay Damon or Pedro because they are too old and they actually won you a ring for the first time in 86 years. Now your gonna sign Sheff at 39 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sidelol: Pay him and not the other two. Watch those fans revolt and riot!!!

And your view is CLEARLY 2nd city menatlity. The ONLY reason NY signed Damon was because of Boston. NY traded Sheff and didn't just cut him beacuse of Boston. That is a 2nd city mentality view of a NY. In your opinion, every move NY makes has Boston in mind :shakeno: Seriously!!! It doesn't!!

MikeO said:
The Red Sox weren't signing Sheff.:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

They won't pay Damon or Pedro because they are too old and they actually won you a ring for the first time in 86 years. Now your gonna sign Sheff at 39 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sidelol: Pay him and not the other two. Watch those fans revolt and riot!!!

And your view is CLEARLY 2nd city menatlity. The ONLY reason NY signed Damon was because of Boston. NY traded Sheff and didn't just cut him beacuse of Boston. That is a 2nd city mentality view of a NY. In your opinion, every move NY makes has Boston in mind :shakeno: Seriously!!! It doesn't!!

Um actually read what i wrote PLEASE!! i stated 2 moves that they have made and now its every move??? And did you not see where i said the yankees MIGHT have signed damon, you dont know, even though you think you know everything, you don't know for sure that they wanted him for 12 million a year.

And the Redsox could have went after sheffield, just because they don't sign Damon or Pedro becausethey are to old, um maybe because they wanted long term deals, Sheff only wanted a 2 year deal.

UCFinfan86 said:
MikeO, i gave you my view of why the yankees are considered the "Evil Empire", albeit in your eyes its not correct, but i would like to see what you think, is it just because of the payroll?

Evil Empire is stupid. These current horrible owners in Boston who couldn't run a team in Florida were handed a team in Boston. They started throwing out namecalling at the Yanks just because they knew it would rally the fans. Because the fans weren't too thrilled those guys got the team over the other ownership group that should have got the Red Sox but were screwed out of it

It was a diversion tactic!!!

UCFinfan86 said:
Um actually read what i wrote PLEASE!! i stated 2 moves that they have made and now its every move??? And did you not see where i said the yankees MIGHT have signed damon, you dont know, even though you think you know everything, you don't know for sure that they wanted him for 12 million a year.

And the Redsox could have went after sheffield, just because they don't sign Damon or Pedro becausethey are to old, um maybe because they wanted long term deals, Sheff only wanted a 2 year deal.

Because you can't give an example of a move that NY did to BLOCK Boston!!!!!!! Name 1, I'm still waiting.............................................

Sheff wanted 2 more years after this deal. A 3 year deal. Read up on it!!

UCFinfan86 said:
Where did i say conspiracy? They did 1 move in Sheffield(which i beleive, which was a good move by them, i just don't feel it was a fair move) and now its a conspiracy? If you are referring to Damon also, they could have very easily wanted him for 12 million a year, or they could have wanted to just take him for the sox, or a combination of both, neither of us really know. I didn't know i had a conspiracy theory going on

How is it NOT a fair move. Now it isn't a fair move to trade a guy under contract??? :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: Teams do it all the time. Now NY can't trade a guy under contract :confused: :confused:

And Damon was the BEST centerfielder ont he market. The Yankees badly needed a centerfielder, so they signed Damon. Why is that so hard to understand!

Here is where buster olney said Theo could go after sheffield
Olney: Would Yanks Exercise Sheff's Option?

With Bobby Abreu now under contract for 2007, it seemed like a foregone conclusion that the Yankees would not exercise Gary Sheffield's $13MM option. He seems poised to head up a small group of free agent right fielders.
However, Buster Olney makes a good argument for the Yankees to exercise his option even with Abreu in the fold. Remember, the Yankees are a team Olney knows well; he wrote a book about them. Sure, Sheffield may not be worth the full $13MM next year. But one of New York's competitive advantages is its ability to take on salaries. How many teams would salivate at the idea of getting Sheff on a one-year deal to minimize their risk? Think Theo Epstein wouldn't jump on that? It's like last winter's Furcal contract, only better.

UCFinfan86 said:
Here is where buster olney said Theo could go after sheffield
Olney: Would Yanks Exercise Sheff's Option?

With Bobby Abreu now under contract for 2007, it seemed like a foregone conclusion that the Yankees would not exercise Gary Sheffield's $13MM option. He seems poised to head up a small group of free agent right fielders.
However, Buster Olney makes a good argument for the Yankees to exercise his option even with Abreu in the fold. Remember, the Yankees are a team Olney knows well; he wrote a book about them. Sure, Sheffield may not be worth the full $13MM next year. But one of New York's competitive advantages is its ability to take on salaries. How many teams would salivate at the idea of getting Sheff on a one-year deal to minimize their risk? Think Theo Epstein wouldn't jump on that? It's like last winter's Furcal contract, only better.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

UCFinfan86 said:
What do you not know how to take a foot out of your mouth?

That report said nothing to back up your point!!!!!!

Boston was never going to sign Sheff so he's around till he's 42 with a 3 year deal. :sidelol: :sidelol: . Yeah sign Sheff but let Damon and Pedro walk. That would go over well.

All it said was Theo's name. And you think NY ........whatever. Believe what you want. Live in whatever fantasy world you want

MikeO said:
That report said nothing to back up your point!!!!!!

Boston was never going to sign Sheff so he's around till he's 42 with a 3 year deal. :sidelol: :sidelol: . Yeah sign Sheff but let Damon and Pedro walk. That would go over well.

All it said was Theo's name. And you think NY ........whatever. Believe what you want. Live in whatever fantasy world you want

NO ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A 3 YEAR DEAL BESIDES YOU!! BUSTER OLNEY SAID 1 YEAR

and your right, i forgot Theo's name doesn't mean boston, they must be talking about a different theo

Back
Top Bottom