Report: Vikings looking to trade Harvin | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Vikings looking to trade Harvin

I wonder how valid the rumors are of the Pats being interested in Harvin. He's perfect for them schematically. But Belichick is good friends with Urban Meyer and so he's likely to know the real scoop on what a nightmare Harvin was at Florida off the field. Then again, with Tom Brady and such a strong tradition of winning ingrained in that locker room, they have one of the most idiot-proof locker rooms in the NFL...and they know it.

i've also heard that aaron hernandez is suppose to take a lot of welkers run in the slot if he's let go this year...that he's even working out with brady in california this offseason in an effort to see things the way brady does...as far as coverage and leverage etc...so they can be on the same page...kinda like welker has been

so who knows...

I can appreciate you standing up for your boy and all but you are taking this way to personal.

So what if Percy loves winning...we all do. We can all be at our best when things are going well. It's how we behave when things are not so great that shows our true colors and right now Harvin is not handling things in the best way possible.

BTW, trying to insult posters that don't agree with is not the best way to get your point across

Kettle meet pot.

i would think in that o that harvin would be in line for some of say danny woodheads backfield duties and even carries every once in while...scary to think that team could spread you out with all those options and then unleash a percy harvin in the open field and into your secondary out of the backfield on you...and then murder you in the slot as well...

Great.

If the pats snag harvin i'm sure harvin being such a cancer and head case will destroy the pats cohesion and team structure:lol:.
Good luck defending that offense coyle.

i would think in that o that harvin would be in line for some of say danny woodheads backfield duties and even carries every once in while...scary to think that team could spread you out with all those options and then unleash a percy harvin in the open field and into your secondary out of the backfield on you...and then murder you in the slot as well...

Luckily he'll be injured half the time so there's a 50/50 chance when you play the Patriots you don't have to deal with any of that at all, lol.

Luckily he'll be injured half the time so there's a 50/50 chance when you play the Patriots you don't have to deal with any of that at all, lol.

Jennings and bowe have missed the same amount of time as the younger percy. So if we land either of those 2 there is a 50/50 chance the pats won't have to deal with our wr either.

Funny that this was the same story out of Minn last year. After the season started, Percy said the press made it all up and he never said anything like that. Now it's started again this year and both sides are still saying this isn't true. So even if you believe these "reports" then the point comes up that he wants a new contract, which means bigger $$. So say we trade for him (lose picks) and then sign him to a new contract at a pretty penny. Do we then have enough to spend on a big name #1 FA at that point? No. Is Percy a true outside speed threat WR? No, as Minn has been looking for one to line up opposite PH for a couple years now. Is Hartline or anyone else on the roster able to fill that role? No. So that means we look at drafting one. So we are back to then saying our FA move was Harvin and we had to give up ??? picks and $$ to get him. And all that is if any of this is true and none of the "problems" are true. I see more potential issues with this than reward. I don't see it happening.

AP going to bat for percy
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...-minnesota-vikings-trade-percy-harvin-nothing

Trade speculation surrounding Percy Harvin is rampant with the new league year set to begin March 12, but Minnesota Vikings teammate Adrian Peterson said Tuesday there's no way he'd trade the wide receiver if it was his call to make.
Peterson made his comments Tuesday in an interview with KFAN-FM in Minneapolis when he was asked whether he thought the Vikings would deal Harvin this offseason.

"To be honest with you, I don't know if we will or not. But me, individually, and giving you my opinion, I wouldn't trade him for nothing," Peterson said
Harvin badly sprained his left ankle on Nov. 4 at Seattle last season and didn't play again. The Vikings placed him on season-ending injured reserve a month later. He started playing like a Most Valuable Player award candidate, leading the league in total yards (receiving, rushing and returning) through nine games in 2012 until he was hurt.

Peterson, who won the MVP award after his 2,097-yard season, said Harvin is too special a talent to trade away.

"To do the the things that hes able to do, I dont think there will be a player able to do it better than him. Ever," he said.
Despite his season ending in early November, Harvin still led the Vikings in receptions (62) and yards receiving (677) despite playing barely half of a season, and he had a kickoff return for a touchdown as well as 96 yards rushing and one score on the ground.

The 24-year-old Harvin has 7,168 all-purpose yards in his four-season career with 29 touchdowns (20 receiving, five return, four rushing). He also has 280 receptions in 54 career games.

Is he worth a 2nd and a 4th like its being reported? I would say oui!

I liked Harvin out of college. By now he's hurt way too much. His headaches have become his teams headaches. A few years ago I'd say yes, but now? Pass.

WTF are you talking about? I have not insulted anyone on these boards. I commented on the post...not the poster. If you don't know the difference...

I know the difference. I also know you slipped in that back handed insult in a way to make you seem above the fray. Come on man. Your comments were nothing short of calling out fellow posters.

Kettle meet pot.
Pot meet Kettle.

Meh, it is what it is. Moving on.

I liked Harvin out of college. By now he's hurt way too much. His headaches have become his teams headaches. A few years ago I'd say yes, but now? Pass.

As opposed to who? harvin has missed the same amount of games as jennings and 2 more than bowe the last 4 years. How many games did he miss due to headaches last season?

the problems with dolphins is this i rather have one of two wr either hartline or bess and up grade rest of position... bess can catch but he is slow... hartline avg at best. we need two free agent and rookie in 1st or 2nd rd that can play
I'd rather draft a cheaper Markus Wheaton with the 42nd pick and sign Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings. Focus our money on FA like Cliff Avril, Rodgers Cromartie, Jared Cook, and re-signing Jake Long. Pass.

Back
Top Bottom