Report: Vikings looking to trade Harvin | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Vikings looking to trade Harvin

I don't know the whole story but I highly doubt brandon was begging to stay, he probably told dolphins he wanted out. He clearly wanted no part of our qb situation. He was in that altercation at a club days before he was traded also. Either way he is and was a nut job. I would really hate to see harvin slip into bellichiks hands.

The Dolphins HAD one of the best wide receivers in all of football on roster and they traded him away for two 3rd round picks because he was a headcase.

If they were to trade for Percy Harvin it would be an admission that was the wrong move. I don't see them doing that. I see them sticking to their guns and saying players that are significant headaches do not belong on this roster regardless of talent.

And don't sit here and try and convince me that Percy Harvin is not a headache, or not as bad as Brandon Marshall. There are all kinds of stories about him from Florida and Minnesota, it's clear he's a very troubled person. He once choked his wide receivers coach at Florida and it was hushed up. He also failed drug tests. He quit during a conditioning drill at Florida and was never punished. He got into all kinds of battles with Brad Childress and even hurled a weight slab at Childress in the weight room, all because Childress questioned whether his ankle was bothering him more than he let on and insisted he get an MRI done on it. Leslie Frazier is supposed to be a player's coach and is supposed to get along with Percy Harvin, but then Percy is seen on national television jawing at Frazier during a game, and then later in the season got into another heated exchange with Frazier in front of all the other players and staff members. And this was after he got upset about something or other in Percy World and decided he's going to request a trade.

He's had problems with EVERY coaching staff he's played under since high school. I'm not going to tell people whether the Dolphins should grab a talented but troubled player. Some teams have done it and gotten away with it. Other teams haven't./

But I am going to sit here and say that anyone that justifies the Brandon Marshall trade on the basis of Brandon's being a headache player, and then turns around and espouses the merits of trading for Percy Harvin...are making hypocrites of themselves.

I agree with. Im just tired of people saying that we need to build through the draft, we have to add some proven talent. I hope we sign Jennings, I dont think he will demand as much money as Bowe or Wallace. And Jennings is a high character guy, love that about him. I would to sign Jennings and maybe go after a TE whether it's Jared Cook, Keller, or Finley. We tried to draft a TE last year and it didnt work out (Egnew). In recent years we havent drafted any playmakers, not even in recent years, more like the last decade or more. The Ravens didnt draft Jacoby Jones or Boldin and they were key in the post season for the Ravens

I agree with. Im just tired of people saying that we need to build through the draft, we have to add some proven talent. I hope we sign Jennings, I dont think he will demand as much money as Bowe or Wallace. And Jennings is a high character guy, love that about him. I would to sign Jennings and maybe go after a TE whether it's Jared Cook, Keller, or Finley. We tried to draft a TE last year and it didnt work out (Egnew). In recent years we havent drafted any playmakers, not even in recent years, more like the last decade or more. The Ravens didnt draft Jacoby Jones or Boldin and they were key in the post season for the Ravens

I hear where you're coming from. I just don't think Percy is going to become a Dolphin.

I don't doubt that the Dolphins are looking to trade for somebody; I do think they'll make some sort of trade this offseason because they have the draft picks to do it. Will it be a receiver? Maybe, but I don't imagine it'll be Percy Harvin. Brandon Marshall is a diva who was traded because he is not a good locker room guy. Well guess what? Thats exactly what Harvin is. Percy does not fit the bill in terms of what Joe Philbin is searching for character wise, so I can't imagine this trade will happen.

There is another reason why this is news. There was a report on nfl.com a few days back that the Vikings were interested in Greg Jennings, and this story will do nothing to calm that interest. The fins priority should remain Jennings ... but Harvin leaving Minnesota means that could be one more team in play for Jennings when free agency kicks off. The Dolphins could do without a bidding war breaking out.

Do these stats add up to $7-10 million/yr.?

Year

Team

Rec

Yds

Avg

Lng

TD

Att

Yds

Avg

2012​
Vikings​

YESSSSS DO IT MIAMI...TRADE ONE OF THE 2NDS NOW FOR THIS GUY.....there's a reason u idiots that dont want him are sitting behind your computer screen and not in a front office for an NFL team...guy would instantly make our offense versatile

pass...a headache off the field and misses games all the time for headaches...misses practices during the week...seems to be questionable on the injury reports every week...

not for a 2nd round pick

pass...a headache off the field and misses games all the time for headaches...misses practices during the week...seems to be questionable on the injury reports every week...

not for a 2nd round pick

Hoops, he no longer suffers from the migraines. The Vikes had Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN do a bunch of tests and they found that the headaches were caused by sleep apnia. Since then they haven't been a problem. I've posted the link before, but I'm to lazy to look it up. Also his injury this year was due from a tackler rolling up on him from behind. Kink of freakish and doesn't happen very often. I'm friends with the guy who owns the production firm (Semenko Productions) who does all the promotion videos from the Vikes and he told me a couple weeks ago that Harvin could have returned at the end of the season but that Frazier as well as some of the players were tired of his act and didn't want him back. This leads right into his character concers and as far as him being a head case and malcontent I can tell you pretty much that everything you have heard in the media is true. He's a locker room cancer and definitely a "ME" first player. There is no way Philben is going to sign off on trading for this guy, especially when you have to give him a ton of money on top of it. People need to let this dream die cause it isn't going to happen.

No thanks, keep all our high picks and get someone with a much better attitude, this guy is trouble. I can deal with a diva like Chad Johnson but not someone like Harvin

I went to school with Percy at UF and my friend was the girl he was currently dating. The migraines happened at UF as well just never listed on the practice report just said he missed practice for whatever reason. He is an absolute steal for a second rounder! And the way he dealt with migraines back then was the ganja. Also Aaron Hernandez was a huge pothead haha. You don't have to take my word for it but just throwing it out there.

Timing is everythiing; this would have been a good year to take a 3rd and Percy for Marshall instead of what we got.

Someone please tell me the last time we had a player picked in the 2nd round work out for us? Round 2 has been an epic fail for years! Lets start backwards from this last draft: Jonathan Martin, Daniel Thomas, Koa Misi, Pat White, Sean Smith, Phillip Merling, Chad Henne, John Beck, Samson Satele, Matt Roth, Eddie Moore. What about trading two second rounders for AJ Feeley? Anyone here think that there is a person on this list even close to Harvin? Sometimes this high character pursuit bites you in the arse. Take a gamble once in a while. You can bet Bellicheat will and then we have to deal with Harvin wrecking us twice a year.

Harvin is one of the most dynamic players in football and you pair him with a guy like Patterson in the draft or heck, bring in Jennings and lets see what we really have in Tannehill. I personally wanted Harvin in the draft, now its time to go get hom while his value is lower than it has been ever. C'mon Ireland, make this your surprise trade this year and give us fans something exciting to watch for a change...

Do these stats add up to $7-10 million/yr.?

Year

Team

Rec

Yds

Avg

Lng

TD

Att

Yds

Avg

2012​
Vikings​

In only 9 games, look at his rushing stats and his return stats too. His all purpose yards is off the charts and he's still so young.

YESSSSS DO IT MIAMI...TRADE ONE OF THE 2NDS NOW FOR THIS GUY.....there's a reason u idiots that dont want him are sitting behind your computer screen and not in a front office for an NFL team...guy would instantly make our offense versatile

Rex Ryan is that you?

love the part where you called us idiots for sitting behind our computer screen while we dont want a headcase...

(I would pay him 7M per year. I think he is an upgrade over hartline and could be using this to lower hartlines contract.
I would give Vikes a 3rd round pick and sign harvin to a 5 year deal. He is only 24 and he scores TDs running or thru the air
or special teams. He does it all. why pay Reggie Bush when you can get Harvin at 24 years old. we want explosive players is what philbin said and Harvin is explosive.

Back
Top Bottom