Report: Vikings looking to trade Harvin | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Vikings looking to trade Harvin

I would trade our top 3rd round pick or our bottom 2nd round pick. I wouldnt give him a new contract unless he was performing up to par by the middle of the season. If he was performing I would give him a 5 year 45 mil contract with 22.5 guaranteed.

Everything in GB, says they don't have to learn to deal w/ these type of players. Why should MIA?

With chronic migranes and the fact we have no idea w/ the compensation would be. I would pass. Draft your depth and youth.

I hear you. This is the nfl, eventually you have to take on somebody that isn't a model teammate/citizen, philbin seems like a guy who can deal or work with people if he needs to. Even if you try to draft guys that are good characters doesn't necessarily mean they will remain that way.

As far as drafting and building with youth, I like it but we have to remember who is on the hot seat, our gm. He don't have 2,3,4 years to build. He has to have results next year and I have a feeling he isn't going to be relying on 4 or 5 rookies to save his job next year. He needs playmakers and guys that get in the red zone, harvin is that in so many ways.

Some people on here kill me. Just because we draft someone in the 2nd round such as Markus Wheaton or whoever doesnt mean he's going to be our game changer, when is the last time we drafted one those in the 2nd round or in any round? Our chances arent very good for us to draft a player more dynamic than harvin. you trade a 2nd round for Harvin in a heartbeat especially since we have two 2nd rounders and two third rounders.

If this were to be the case, then, yes...Wallace.

I kinda wonder, though. If Harvin wants 7, and Wallace wants 10...is that third round pick a decent equivalent?

If you are talking over the course of 4 or 5 years you are talking about possibly 10 million less between the 2. I take Harvin and send them the 2nd or 3rd round pick. Most likely this regime will only pick mediocre to average talent anyways.

If you are talking over the course of 4 or 5 years you are talking about possibly 10 million less between the 2. I take Harvin and send them the 2nd or 3rd round pick. Most likely this regime will only pick mediocre to average talent anyways.

I would trade our top 3rd round pick or our bottom 2nd round pick. I wouldnt give him a new contract unless he was performing up to par by the middle of the season. If he was performing I would give him a 5 year 45 mil contract with 22.5 guaranteed.

So you throw a late 2nd round pick, without giving a contract. And you think this regime has issues.

i would package two seconds for him. a proven elite player is way better than taking a chance on two unproven players. imo. living in minnesota i get to see every game he's palyed and he is an elite talent. obviously he would instantly upgrade the receiving core but dont forget he's one of the most dangerous kick returners in the game. trade for harvin, sign jennings and resign hartline. philbin could recreate the green bay offense in no time. jennings would fill his same role, hartline could be our poor mans jordy nelson and harvin would be an even better version of cobb. resign long, draft a stud tight end and lets roll!

Extremely versatile and explosive. Extremely injury prone. Doesn't hurt to look, but i wouldn't give up much for him.

Extremely injury prone is extremely OVERBLOWN.

Harvin suffered a freak accident this season to put him on IR, and his migraines are no longer a concern.

I'd love to grab him and a FA still though. Harvin is going to want a new contract as well, thats the only reason he's been fighting with the coaches I believe.. It basically guarantees we'll go defense round 1 if we were to grab 2 receivers in free agency. Likely no Hartline either.

Everything in GB, says they don't have to learn to deal w/ these type of players. Why should MIA?

With chronic migranes and the fact we have no idea w/ the compensation would be. I would pass. Draft your depth and youth.
I think it's different for us though. GB had a ton of depth at the skill positions and won a super bowl a few years back. We don't have ANY playmakers at the WR position and haven't made the playoffs in years.

i would send two second round picks and not even think twice about it. a proven elite talent coming into his prime is way better than two unproven players. trade for harvin, sign jennings and resign hartline and philbin can recreate teh green bay offense. jennings fills his same roll, hartline can be our poor mans version of jordy nelson and harvin would be an even better version of cobb. draft a stud te or try to get finley if he's released. and lets roll

So you throw a late 2nd round pick, without giving a contract. And you think this regime has issues.

Yes you wait to see if the player performs. Yes a 2nd round pick is steep. but if the player performs you are going to sign him to an 8 mill a year contract. If he falls flat or gets hurt you sign him for cheaper. If not you let him walk and you lose the 2nd or 3rd round pick but you still have the money for the following year instead of being hampered if the player doesnt pan out or ends up being subpar.

I think it's different for us though. GB had a ton of depth at the skill positions and won a super bowl a few years back. We don't have ANY playmakers at the WR position and haven't made the playoffs in years.

The philosophy has been there for years. Prior to the emergence of this current crop of WR in GB.

Certain franchises have for many years thought you draft to success. GB just happens to be one of those franchises. They also had a QB in waiting, to ease the transition and ability of the franchise to continue to stock pile depth. Which MIA, while has a decent amount of money. Will not, in my estimation, lead to a glut of money being thrown at one position in FA. Nor do you trade away picks, prior to the draft, to take a player who is playing his way out of, off of, his current team.

Nothing since Philbins arrival points to these types of players working in MIA. I hope it stays that way. It just takes one head case to destroy a locker room. Give me a dozen Drivers, Jennings and/or Nelsons, over a dozen Harvins.

But meh, all this speculation here for certain peoples pet projects. Will never come to reality. This is the NFL with a hard cap. The over spending now, will lead to problems down the road.

Draft our youth? when's the last time we drafted someone as talented as Harvin and what makes you think we will now? I think some of yall like the idea of building through the draft but have failed to realize that sometimes you gotta bring in some proven talent. Did the Ravens draft Boldin or Jacoby Jones? Nope and they were huge this post season

Anyone not taking Hardin for a second is crazy.. Young, explosive, versatile... What more could you ask for.. Spend the money and surround Tannehill with weapons, not players

The Dolphins HAD one of the best wide receivers in all of football on roster and they traded him away for two 3rd round picks because he was a headcase.

If they were to trade for Percy Harvin it would be an admission that was the wrong move. I don't see them doing that. I see them sticking to their guns and saying players that are significant headaches do not belong on this roster regardless of talent.

And don't sit here and try and convince me that Percy Harvin is not a headache, or not as bad as Brandon Marshall. There are all kinds of stories about him from Florida and Minnesota, it's clear he's a very troubled person. He once choked his wide receivers coach at Florida and it was hushed up. He also failed drug tests. He quit during a conditioning drill at Florida and was never punished. He got into all kinds of battles with Brad Childress and even hurled a weight slab at Childress in the weight room, all because Childress questioned whether his ankle was bothering him more than he let on and insisted he get an MRI done on it. Leslie Frazier is supposed to be a player's coach and is supposed to get along with Percy Harvin, but then Percy is seen on national television jawing at Frazier during a game, and then later in the season got into another heated exchange with Frazier in front of all the other players and staff members. And this was after he got upset about something or other in Percy World and decided he's going to request a trade.

He's had problems with EVERY coaching staff he's played under since high school. I'm not going to tell people whether the Dolphins should grab a talented but troubled player. Some teams have done it and gotten away with it. Other teams haven't./

But I am going to sit here and say that anyone that justifies the Brandon Marshall trade on the basis of Brandon's being a headache player, and then turns around and espouses the merits of trading for Percy Harvin...are making hypocrites of themselves.

Back
Top Bottom