Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins

He changed it last night, and is still on the visit.... so your point?

My point is it isn't common for a player to fire his agent while he's in another team's city. Now if he fired his old reps and went with the new people before meeting with the Dolphins that's one thing. The timing of it is a big deal.

Maybe changing agents in the midst of a visit is promising that he will sign. I have to believe it's more a positive for those that want him than not considering he is still here and didn't say adios last night or early this am.

My point is it isn't common for a player to fire his agent while he's in another team's city. Now if he fired his old reps and went with the new people before meeting with the Dolphins that's one thing. The timing of it is a big deal.

A lot of people were saying it was before the visit, but I have my doubts.

Zach Brown - What am I missing?

If what I've read is true - that he's a 100+ tackle a year LB who can play inside or outside that is coming off a probowl season, granted as an alternate, but a probowl calibre player none the less. He's not going to break the bank for us (if he does then i understand the negative comments). Where is the downside to bringing him on board to fill our WLB position. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the coverage linebacker. Brown as I understand it is a fast LB and presumably he can cover. His liabilities, if you are looking for them would be his lack of strength at the point of attack against the run. Wouldn't it be prudent to sign Brown and then get a thumper in the draft who you can train to cover. If Misi is the run stopper we're counting on, I'm a little concerned (His age and his injury prone body in particular). Brown is 27! It seems to me, getting a 27 year old pro bowl calibre linebacker at a decent rate is a good way to build a team. :crazy:

On one hand it's nice to see the team sticking to their guns and not over paying, on the other you want them to fill this need now and move onto more pressing positions in the draft. Previously we would have signed Poe and Brown by now. Maybe it's good, maybe it's not but at the end of the day it appears there is always a plan in place.

So we're going to come out of the draft with at least 1 of LB, DE, G, FS as a huge glaring need still. That's depressing. Imagine if we take a corner early.... Two huge holes left unfilled.

So we're going to come out of the draft with at least 1 of LB, DE, G, FS as a huge glaring need still. That's depressing. Imagine if we take a corner early.... Two huge holes left unfilled.

OT but...

Shouldnt your username be 'Prison Mike'? ;)

My belief is we low balled and he is going back to the Bills for a bit more or equal pay. Sucks if it plays out that way but we either way it's clear the front office doesn't want to break the bank on any available free agent and has a clear line it won't cross.

Back
Top Bottom