Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins

I'm good with this because of his versatility to play across the field. We would have 3 starting linebackers that can play multiple positions. It would free up the chance to go DE, G, FS in the first 3 rounds.

Tackles is the most overrated defensive statistic. He also will hardly blitz in our scheme.

At least he was on a team that had a better run defense than ours . . .
Miami #30, Buffalo #29 :chuckle:

I'm not claiming he's an All-World player. He's better than what Miami has had for years (Misi, Paysinger, etc) and I will take that in a heartbeat. He's also 27 years old and him leaving Buffalo for Miami is a plus for the team as well.

Misi isn't a bad linebacker. Not an impact guy, but he's solid. His problem is that he's never healthy.

Misi has 12.5 sacks in his entire career. 9.5 of them came in his first 3 years. He has 3 sacks in the last 4 season which has spanned 42 games he's played in.

Of note: Most of Misi's sacks came in Nolans 3-4 when he played OLB.

Pass rush abilities are not a requirement of our LBs in our current scheme. It's an occasional call, nothing frequent.

Personally, I love the idea of signing Brown and cutting Misi only to bring him right back at a drastically reduced price. Koa is a good edge setting LB and would improve our depth. Perhaps he'd even manage to stay healthy if he's only seeing occasional snaps.

Exactly J. Misi wasn't good or bad just a starter. When he went out last year it showed how bad our depth at LB actually was. Just terrible play.

When you clamor for Misi to get back into the lineup because the guys behind him are terrible, the LB position on the team is certainly ****ed.

The camaraderie of the LB unit will be interesting should this go through.

[tweet]818177853837733894[/tweet]

Misi has 12.5 sacks in his entire career. 9.5 of them came in his first 3 years. He has 3 sacks in the last 4 season which has spanned 42 games he's played in.

And most of those were from DE. The larger point was the only reason we knew Donald Butler was there is because they said his name when they introduced our starting defense. Misi was at least seen doing something when he was out there.

Say we sign him, does this feel like Ellerbe/Wheeler again? Obviously Timmons and Brown have proven to be better players than them but I just don't know about this

3/15/8 GTD is fine with me. Too bad he probably wants 4/30/18m GTD.

I would take a 4 year 30 million with $18 guaranteed deal for him in this market. He is young and healthy, and this signing would allow us to make moves in the draft that would be unavailable otherwise. This would be the best move we could make at the moment. If this gets done it will once again rejuvenate my hope and trust in this team's front office after having strayed due to them keeping Misi and Dion Jordan.

Ellerbe and Wheeler were replacing decent to good starters. Timmons and possibly Brown would replaced nobodys will a capital N.

And most of those were from DE. The larger point was the only reason we knew Donald Butler was there is because they said his name when they introduced our starting defense. Misi was at least seen doing something when he was out there.

I'm tired of the LBs on the team are just seen doing something. It's time to do more than that.

How are you gonna sign the guy who called Kiko weak lol

Nfl players play alongside rapists and wife beaters, Kiko can live with playing beside someone who sent out a mean tweet

Back
Top Bottom