Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins

I would take a 4 year 30 million with $18 guaranteed deal for him in this market. He is young and healthy, and this signing would allow us to make moves in the draft that would be unavailable otherwise. This would be the best move we could make at the moment. If this gets done it will once again rejuvenate my hope and trust in this team's front office after having strayed due to them keeping Misi and Dion Jordan.

:(

I'm kinda torn. I like the player but if we sign him we can kiss Haason Reddick goodbye. On the other hand even if we don't add another LB before the draft there's no guarantee we draft Reddick anyway.

And why couldn't this visit have happened 10 days ago, coulda signed this guy and passed on Timmons.

I'm tired of the LBs on the team are just seen doing something. It's time to do more than that.

Agreed, I'm not sticking up for Misis and want an upgrade. just saying Misi >>>>>>>> Butler but that's not saying much. Butler was the most invisible LB I've seen in recent memory.

Not a single one of our LBs are equipped to play behind a one gap front.

All three - Alonso, Timmons, and now maybe Brown - have only excelled as 3-4 LBs on past teams whose d-lineman occupy blockers for them. None are adept at stacking and shedding blockers at the high rate which our scheme requires, nor have the strength to do so.

This **** is insane.

According to the Sun-SEnt article, he can play all three spots. He was the MIKE at Buffalo and the Bills are going to go with Ragland who was injured last year at MLB. But... the article came from Omar. Take it for what is worth. Have to remember, even a blind squirrel can find a nut from time to time.

ha ha omar...pretty sure that was preston brown at mike in buffalo and Zach brown at weak

anyways he can play weak ideal fit and maybe he can be 2 deep strong but mike hells no and he'd be a soft 2 deep strong option

you sign him it's starter weak at least and yeah you can kiss Reddick or Cunningham bye bye

Not a single one of our LBs are equipped to play behind a one gap front.

All three - Alonso, Timmons, and now maybe Brown - have only excelled as 3-4 LBs on past teams whose d-lineman occupy blockers for them. None are adept at stacking and shedding blockers at the high rate which our scheme requires, nor have the strength to do so.

This **** is insane.

This team does everything ass backwards. I especially like how they lowballed Poe but paid an extra 2 million to Kiko Alonso for absolutely no reason at all, as if any GM in their right mind was going to give up a 2nd round pick for the guy.

I'm kinda torn. I like the player but if we sign him we can kiss Haason Reddick goodbye. On the other hand even if we don't add another LB before the draft there's no guarantee we draft Reddick anyway.

And why couldn't this visit have happened 10 days ago, coulda signed this guy and passed on Timmons.

I don't think it would be totally ruled out, plus theres no guarantee that Reddick will be a NFL starter, draft is still a crapshoot. we need depth at LB so signing another veteran that is better than our current LBs would be a huge positive.

I'm not claiming he's an All-World player. He's better than what Miami has had for years (Misi, Paysinger, etc) and I will take that in a heartbeat. He's also 27 years old and him leaving Buffalo for Miami is a plus for the team as well.
IMO, Misi's weakness wasn't as a typical LB, but that hew WAS a typical LB. He isn't a play-maker. Brown has some recent stats showing he IS a play-maker.

According to the Sun-SEnt article, he can play all three spots. He was the MIKE at Buffalo and the Bills are going to go with Ragland who was injured last year at MLB. But... the article came from Omar. Take it for what is worth. Have to remember, even a blind squirrel can find a nut from time to time.

I read that Preston Brown was the Mike. Zach played WILL.

misi and brown don't even play the same positions it's irrelevant and the strong in our scheme isn't asked to really make plays in the first place

misi was fine for the role if he could just stay healthy but he can't...and if Miami signs brown or passes and drafts a weakside fit Miami is gonna pay Timmons $11 mil guaranteed essentially for a non play making role...but the worst thing they can do is not even get any youth with upside in this lb corp in the draft first 2 days...end up with late rounders and udfa types that if pressed to play on defense shocker play like it...

maybe they sign this dude we pounce on a dt in an awful dt draft... :lol:

Because we need them both. We need Lb'ers and LB depth. Our Lb core is atrocious specially when Misi is one of our starters when he is a decent third option on the depth chart at best. We should try to sign Zach Brown and draft 1 or 2 guys. Zach Brown on a 1 year prove it deal would be even better than a longterm signing.

Last edited by a moderator:
ha ha omar...pretty sure that was preston brown at mike in buffalo and Zach brown at weak

anyways he can play weak ideal fit and maybe he can be 2 deep strong but mike hells no and he'd be a soft 2 deep strong option

you sign him it's starter weak at least and yeah you can kiss Reddick or Cunningham bye bye

Speaking of Omar, he is also saying he discovered some character issues with Brown, which is really no surprise. he doesn't seem like the type you want leading your defense as a MIKE. WILL....ok.

Back
Top Bottom