Resigning Long | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Resigning Long

Franchising a tackle that has been banged up and dissapointing the last couple of years is not a recipe for success

I have no interest in franchising Long for $15 million and having almost 1/3 of our available cap space eaten up almost right off the bat. It would be beyond stupid to commit that kind of money to an injury-prone, declining left tackle.

$15.36 MILLION
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Its one year. We will be able to afford it. Especially since Philbin wont want another teams FA. It will be a move that shows the team that management will keep the family together. I know that probly wont mean much to you, but there is a method to the madness. Its one year or we make an offer that is friendly like Soliai as someone above mentioned.

Guard will get makeover IMO.

Hopefully slim to none!

How realistic do you think the chances are that we could resign Jake Long to an incentive heavy contract? Essentially one that pays him a base salary for the type of player he is now (an above average tackle who is injury prone) with incentives if he returns to his form of a few years ago. I know incentives are a bit tougher to measure for a lineman. Also is there anything in the new CBA that would have salary cap implications for doing this? Possibly Long would be up for it since he cashed in nicely on his rookie contract.

yeah, then the same subjects come around at FA time and biotch about not spending some big money. Finheaven is a world where your damned if you do, damned if you dont.

yeah, then the same subjects come around at FA time and biotch about not spending some big money. Finheaven is a world where your damned if you do, damned if you dont.

when they start winning and the complaints are just as bad theyn u can say that but most people on this board have only been around for the losing

What incentive? Something like the pro-bowl? A lot of good that would do...they vote him in even when he doesn't deserve it.

11% chance. He's just gonna want to much $. Plus I get the feeling Martin is gonna show enough potential that he will take over the LT position next year. If thats the case then put it at zero, (mark it down dude).

People always bitch about Ireland but they actually don't take the time to look at things he's done differently since Parcells left. Take this situation for instance. When Parcels ran the fins they drafted LT in the 1st & QB in the 2nd. Now with Ireland in charge it was the exact opposite. Coincident, I think not.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

well after blowing draft picks and free agent signings i think it was about time we took a QB in rd 1. It isnt rocket science, no props to Ireland for this one.

Jake Long,Karlos Dansby.Tony McDaniel,Richard Marshall,Justin Smilley,Jake Grove,
Gibril Wilson,Lydon Murtha,Kevin Burnett,Marc Colombo, all agree

Agree, im sure theres plenty more where that came from

I would only sign jake long if he will be our right tackle and take right tackle money. If not , love you jake , give him his walking papers and thank him for the solid years.

Back
Top Bottom