Resigning Long | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Resigning Long

I can't see any other team giving up big money either for someone who is constantly hurt

Ppl crack me up with this constantly hurt bs. He's missed a couple of games the past few seasons. The beast plays through injury even. Long is getting re-signed or tagged. Live with it. He's a perrenial Pro Bowl LT who had a couple of bad games. Plz. Smdh He was placed on IR for the past few games the past two years because we weren't going to the playoffs. Ppl need to get real, sheesh.

Ppl crack me up with this constantly hurt bs. He's missed a couple of games the past few seasons. The beast plays through injury even. Long is getting re-signed or tagged. Live with it. He's a perrenial Pro Bowl LT who had a couple of bad games. Plz. Smdh He was placed on IR for the past few games the past two years because we weren't going to the playoffs. Ppl need to get real, sheesh.

Even if we were superbowl contenders there was no way he could play through a triceps tear, its like an announcer said, the DE would just keep attacking that arm.

Jake Long is going to be franchise tagged.

I hope not. He is not worth that kind of money. I like the "play in 14 games at high level" criteria for big money. Jake Long has been a very good player, but he misses too many games to be franchised.

I hope we dont franchise anyone. I want Smith Starks and Long. No one else, spend the rest of the cap on depth and one of the perennial receivers. Fix everything else through the draft.

I hope we dont franchise anyone. I want Smith Starks and Long. No one else, spend the rest of the cap on depth and one of the perennial receivers. Fix everything else through the draft.

There are over 500 different combinations of players we can re-sign or not of our major free agents and I bet every single one of them would get votes if we could make a poll that big.

Jake Long,Karlos Dansby.Tony McDaniel,Richard Marshall,Justin Smilley,Jake Grove,
Gibril Wilson,Lydon Murtha,Kevin Burnett,Marc Colombo, all agree

You forgot Ernest Wilford, Bobby Carpenter, Reggie Torbor, Charlie Anderson, Charles Grant, Igor Olshansky, Larry Johnson, Nate Jones, Tim Dobbins, Jason Trusnik, Gary Guyton

and others.

Franchise. Then look to sign long term IF her performs well in 2013. If we can't/won't resign - trade him.

Use this off season for DE, WRs, TE, Gs, CB, S, Speed LBs, RB. We may already have some of those players on the practice squad or IR. Not really a lot to ask. I'm asking for good football players that help the team. I think some of them can become super stars in time. The main players for next year is another DE, two new Gs, diffrence making WRs, and speed LBs. I know we seem to need secondary help. However, if you notice teams with a good front seven the secondary doesn't have to be outstanding (i.e. Partriots, GB, 49ers, Steelers)

Jake Long will not and should not go anywhere. Many hold this grudge that we didnt take Ryan over Long. Many dont remember that we had the worse offensive line in NFL history prior to drafting Long. Long has been a vital piece in our ability to find and develope a QB. Mat Ryan would of been a bust if we didnt have a LT and at least a solid offensive line. Like Johnathen Ogden, and Richmond Webb you do not let go of a player like Long who has Hall of Fame potential. He is a rock that needs to be kept as a dolphin. And please get over this bias some of you have just because Parcells drafted him.

I absolutely love Long but the way Martin has been playing there's no need to resign him. Save the money and go after big time play makers. Look at some of the best teams in the league, none of them have "elite" LT. They have really good WR,TE and an overall cast of playmakers. Let him walk and build. #finsup

I absolutely love Long but the way Martin has been playing there's no need to resign him. Save the money and go after big time play makers. Look at some of the best teams in the league, none of them have "elite" LT. They have really good WR,TE and an overall cast of playmakers. Let him walk and build. #finsup

Let's not jinx it...but he has played well, easily on par if not slightly better than what Long was doing...

There is a significant upgrade right now from Long to Martin. Its blatant that the offense overall is moving better with Martin at LT than Long. If Long wants to stay, you pay him RT money, maybe a bit more, and switch him to RT

We need a solid corner

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

They finally are starting to go after the cb we picked up

Back
Top Bottom