Resigning Long | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Resigning Long

We do not need to re-sign him for that money. It's insane.

How realistic do you think the chances are that we could resign Jake Long to an incentive heavy contract? Essentially one that pays him a base salary for the type of player he is now (an above average tackle who is injury prone) with incentives if he returns to his form of a few years ago. I know incentives are a bit tougher to measure for a lineman. Also is there anything in the new CBA that would have salary cap implications for doing this? Possibly Long would be up for it since he cashed in nicely on his rookie contract.

[video=youtube_share;2V3CfD8TPac]http://youtu.be/2V3CfD8TPac[/video]

11% chance. He's just gonna want to much $. Plus I get the feeling Martin is gonna show enough potential that he will take over the LT position next year. If thats the case then put it at zero, (mark it down dude).

People always bitch about Ireland but they actually don't take the time to look at things he's done differently since Parcells left. Take this situation for instance. When Parcels ran the fins they drafted LT in the 1st & QB in the 2nd. Now with Ireland in charge it was the exact opposite. Coincident, I think not.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
great move leaving a rookie quarterback with no receivers too.

when they start winning and the complaints are just as bad theyn u can say that but most people on this board have only been around for the losing

I understnad that completely! I have been a fan since 1971. Im just happy we found a coach and a QB. Im going from there.

Should have happened many moons ago? hell yeah. I get it.

Just remember that philbin doesnt neccessarily like FA with new players coming in from outside for big money.

BTW, with Martin showing well at LT, if we were to spend big money on Wallace or Jennings, then that may be a reason why Long will be gone. Just get ready to draft another tackle in teh second round. lol

Nate Garner is looking pretty good on the right side..We may not need to even think to resign Long.

Back
Top Bottom