Revis Island just officially floated to Tampa | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Revis Island just officially floated to Tampa

Why are some people mad about this? Arguably the best defensive player in the nfl is gone from our most hated rival.

Gee. I hope the pats don't trade Brady for a draft pick. That would be really bad for us cause it could mess up our draft plans and we'd be screwed if they drafted another tight end

My thoughts too.

Official, Revis is out of the division. Here he is signing his new contract:

BIZxlSDCAAEPvz-1.jpg

@AdamSchefter Trade official: Darrelle Revis passed physical. Bucs send 1st in 2013 and conditional 4th in 2014 that could be 3rd to Jets. More on ESPNews

@AdamSchefter Darrelle signed six-year, $96 million deal with Bucs. This year he will make $16 million. Makes $16 million each year. Ripped up old deal

Albert Breer is reporting that it is $96 million, with no guaranteed money. Revis has to earn it all. Breer also reporting it'll be a third round pick in 2014 if Revis is on the roster on the third day of the 2014 year. So yeah, its a third in 2014.

Last edited by a moderator:
if revis ever gets back to his old self he's well worth that price for tampa...i would have parted with a 1st and 3rd for him...guys that damn good a player...best corner in over a decade...best all around corner in maybe 20 years...

Jets could have got more if it was closer to the season imo

Not really happy about this. I think it was asinine to pay a CB the money they were paying him and were going to have to pay him. He is the best CB in the NFL, but I'm not sure that's saying very much these days.

Some early Gang green reaction once Jets fans learned the details of the trade,

TheJetLife This is a pretty bad deal. Here we all were thinking we'd be getting 3+ picks in return...
Thanks Mevi$, good riddance.

sanchize I am pissed off. What the hell could not do better than a conditional 4th round pick next year. Could not even get a 3rd for this year. That is terrible. What were they waiting for? Why not trade him 3 months ago?

NYJFan10 And we couldn't have signed him to that deal? Revis is right, the Jets aren't committed to winning.

Murrell2878`1st and a '14 4th? WTF...

talisaynon LOL no guaranteed and we only get a 1st and a 4th? LOLOLOL FIRE IDZIK

Wait 1 hour and see how jets fans will be saying they got a steal and Revis wont be good anymore
No corner in this years draft will be as good as Revis. God he wanted out of the Jets locker room so bad he took no guaranteed money!!

haha to Jets exodus! No more Revis twice a year is an early gift to us! to bad we still face him once this year..

I guess it's all good. They still have the best quarterback in the league. According to some...

That sig entry for the FH logo contest is amazing, I can't see anyone topping that bro, great job Shifty. :brewskis:

I posted this in the 'LOL at the Jets' thread, but I'll say it again: Mike Wallace coming to the Fins and Darrelle Revis leaving the division? Yeah, I'm cool with that.

and NO Gauranteed money. WOW. I thought only training camp bodies signed those kinda deals. :)

Honestly, I don't see anyone winning in this trade. It's a wash. $16M/year is A LOT to be giving anyone not named the QB.

The way I see it, the Jets just gave themselves the first big stepping stone to overhauling their roster. While the Bucs seem to have went to Rent-A-Center with bad credit and got the biggest flat screen for the largest possible payment in history.

As far as I'm concerned, this truly is monopoly money.

Back
Top Bottom