Revis Island just officially floated to Tampa | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Revis Island just officially floated to Tampa

Who cares what the jets do. My only concern is the DOLPHINS...

Well besides always being a side show for us Dolphin fans the Jets are in our division so it does matter.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Tampa Bays secondary is going to be damn good. Revis and Wright..with Goldson and Barron at S

good for them dude. I will root for Revis now. If i'm going to root for another team, it'll be Tampa. Like I said before, as long as they aren't playing us.

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Still not 100%,

yes it is! http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis

..always wanted to do that to you... lol

The Jets were smart to trade Revis. He's all drama! He is no longer a star player and will be pissed off about this deal by mid season. Going to the bucs is one step above the jaguars -- another small market, completely irrelevant team nobody cares about.

Yep. People wanna down play how good revis was just because he played for the jets but I could argue he was as good at corner as any player the jets ever had at their respective position. It's a huge loss. The pick they got could easily turn into a bust. It might turn into a good player. I can almost guarantee it won't turn into near the player revis is

of course they want to down play it...that's how this board rolls...if we ever had anything of revis level on this team they would be screaming from the mountain tops about how great a player he is and how critical he is to our success...

i have no idea what some people on here are talking about either with the corners not the same value now as in the 90's...wherever that came from...revis essentially locked down one side of the field and allowed the jets to blitz more and roll coverage other ways and for 3 years there was so damn good qbs didn't even look his way...to me that's as valuable a piece as any pass rusher or defender period...

and once he went down last year the jets couldn't hide the slow safeties and poor 3rd and 4th options at cb as much anymore...they played a lot more zone and bend but don't break d and couldn't pressure as much...cause they knew they'd get torched if they did...

yeah the price is steep contract wise but if i was gonna pay any non qb in pro football $16 mil per it would be darrelle revis...he's had 2 years in the last 3 i guess it is now where he was the best all around corner i've ever damn well seen...tackling yep...mirror wrs and pretty much run the routes for them...yep...ball skills...yep as good as the position offers...

it makes sense for the jets to get out though now cause they aren't gonna do anything til they get a real qb anyways so he would be wasted there and the jets are years away from being even a .500 football team...so yeah i get unloading your best asset given the rebuild...that and the jets finally seem to know that sanchez isn't the guy...

they better hope like heck they can get in position for a qb next year...or it will be another season of waste in 2014 as well...

their ceiling is 6 wins in 2013 and it wouldn't surprise me if they fell flat on their faces and got a top 5 pick next year...which if i was a jets fan is exactly what i would be hoping for so i could get a real qb...lose em all...

Going to the bucs is one step above the jaguars -- another small market, completely irrelevant team nobody cares about.

won the Super Bowl in at the last decade...cant same the same for us. Have no clue what you are talking about.

of course they want to down play it...that's how this board rolls...if we ever had anything of revis level on this team they would be screaming from the mountain tops about how great a player he is and how critical he is to our success...

i have no idea what some people on here are talking about either with the corners not the same value now as in the 90's...wherever that came from...revis essentially locked down one side of the field and allowed the jets to blitz more and roll coverage other ways and for 3 years there was so damn good qbs didn't even look his way...to me that's as valuable a piece as any pass rusher or defender period...

and once he went down last year the jets couldn't hide the slow safeties and poor 3rd and 4th options at cb as much anymore...they played a lot more zone and bend but don't break d and couldn't pressure as much...cause they knew they'd get torched if they did...

yeah the price is steep contract wise but if i was gonna pay any non qb in pro football $16 mil per it would be darrelle revis...he's had 2 years in the last 3 i guess it is now where he was the best all around corner i've ever damn well seen...tackling yep...mirror wrs and pretty much run the routes for them...yep...ball skills...yep as good as the position offers...

it makes sense for the jets to get out though now cause they aren't gonna do anything til they get a real qb anyways so he would be wasted there and the jets are years away from being even a .500 football team...so yeah i get unloading your best asset given the rebuild...that and the jets finally seem to know that sanchez isn't the guy...

they better hope like heck they can get in position for a qb next year...or it will be another season of waste in 2014 as well...

their ceiling is 6 wins in 2013 and it wouldn't surprise me if they fell flat on their faces and got a top 5 pick next year...which if i was a jets fan is exactly what i would be hoping for so i could get a real qb...lose em all...

Evidently every team in the league has Tom Brady at QB with 4 megatrons to throw it to.

all the Jets lost is possibly a great defender on their crap 2013 team. they weren't going to resign him. so they saved a ton of salary, a headache and get two pics looking to the future. they made out like bandits.

all the Jets lost is possibly a great defender on their crap 2013 team. they weren't going to resign him. so they saved a ton of salary, a headache and get two pics looking to the future. they made out like bandits.
You do realize that the Jets have $12 million in dead money for 2013 because of trading Revis right?

You do realize that the Jets have $12 million in dead money for 2013 because of trading Revis right?
no i didn't, but they're so far away from contending that signing high-dollar free agents now is pointless anyway. he counts against the jets AND bucs in 2013? doesn't seem fair.

Back
Top Bottom