Revis Island just officially floated to Tampa | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Revis Island just officially floated to Tampa

As for the Jets fans, your rebuild starts now. Don't worry about what you lost. This is only about what you gained; cap room and at least a first round pick. Draft correctly and you'll come out ahead. And, also, I hate your team. :)

Good now the Jets have 2 first round picks to screw up....love it.

Hot sauce any one?

The Jets are making a big mistake. They already are not a very good team. Now, they lose their best player.

You watch, the jets, who are all about making TV hoopla come draft time, are going to trade down, and get many picks. At least, that is what you should be thinking anyways, particularly in this draft and with non-conference teams with two first rd. picks along with SF and their 31/33

if revis ever gets back to his old self he's well worth that price for tampa...i would have parted with a 1st and 3rd for him...guys that damn good a player...best corner in over a decade...best all around corner in maybe 20 years...

Yep. People wanna down play how good revis was just because he played for the jets but I could argue he was as good at corner as any player the jets ever had at their respective position. It's a huge loss. The pick they got could easily turn into a bust. It might turn into a good player. I can almost guarantee it won't turn into near the player revis is

I'm SHOCKED at the no guaranteed money. It makes me LOL even more at the Jets.

There comes a point where a player holds him team hostage from being able to build successfully. While Revis was great and MIGHT return to form, he's not worth that kind of money. The game is changing. 1 shutdown corner is not enough in today's league. They'll just throw to the 3 or 4 other open targets on the field.

Can Revis cover Gronk? Hernandez? Keller? WR2, WR3 and WR4 while also covering WR1?

The landscape in our division and the NFL is changing. Revis is great. But he's not worth $16M to your defense. Especially when the positions you ask to cover the other receivers on the field are filled with cheap bodies to offset the money distribution.

I'd also like to point out if we had made this deal, FinHeaven would be shut down right now by the sheer volume of rants. Anyone who thinks this was a great contract, imagine we just signed him.

Good move by the Jets, top teams do not pay $16 million a year for a CB.

GB wouldn't do it. Pitt wouldn't do it. Pats wouldn't do it. Giants wouldn't do it. Ravens wouldn't do it. It makes no sense.

Fortunately - the Jets still have a long way to go to get back to solid ball.....

1. Fire GM - done.
2. Fire Ryan - not done.
3. Fire Sparano - done.
4. Trade Revis - done.
5. Cut Tebow - not done.
6. Trade/Cut Sanchez - not done.
7. Draft new QB - not done.
8. Draft WR, TE, LB's, etc....

The Jets got the going rate for a cornerback...a cupla picks.

Lousy value but pass defense was hardly the Jets' overriding weakness, even without Revis for much of the season. They were second in the league in completion percentage at 53.8% and 6th in yards per attempt at 6.5. Sensible move by Tampa Bay, which allowed a pathetic 7.9.

Yep. People wanna down play how good revis was just because he played for the jets but I could argue he was as good at corner as any player the jets ever had at their respective position. It's a huge loss. The pick they got could easily turn into a bust. It might turn into a good player. I can almost guarantee it won't turn into near the player revis is

If it was the 90's I could see this. CB is still a very important position don't get me wrong, but with how the rules are these days having the BEST CB is not a huge deal any more. For me the Bucs got screwed and the Jets were very lucky to get rid of a player like Revis. This is a reflection of the position he plays not the player that he is. The Dolphins franchise would have been better served with him remaining in NY while they pay him a HUGE contract. Now they are off the hook of that and have TWO more picks to take his place. And yes he can be replaced mainly because of how the rules are slanted towards the offense these days. Plus the way he likes to hold out every 2 years or so that would have hurt them as well.

Tampa Bays secondary is going to be damn good. Revis and Wright..with Goldson and Barron at S

if revis' ACL holds up and he doesn't become injury prone then i think it's a good trade for both teams, really. jets i think would be smart to take milliner if they can.

He's an excellent player but I still think this is a good move in the long term for the Jets. I don't feel that ANY *single* cornerback, not even the best in the league (Revis) is worth 16 million dollars. Jets got an extra first rounder to help them rebuild and got rid of a malcontent. This move will hurt them badly this year, but the management doesn't care because the fat man is a lame duck and everybody, including fat man himself, knows it.

Back
Top Bottom