Rex Ryan is a bad loser | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex Ryan is a bad loser

rex didn't refute anything, if he said "Geno won" then you might have something. No announcement was made but anyone paying attention knows who won b/c it was never really a competition.

rex didn't refute anything, if he said "Geno won" then you might have something. No announcement was made but anyone paying attention knows who won b/c it was never really a competition.

Hours before the Jets and Patriots set football back centuries in a Thursday night slopfest, Mark Sancheztold NFL Network's Rich Eisen that if he hadn't been injured in the preseason, he would be New York's starting quarterback.

"I won the competition," he said. "There's no doubt."

Maybe not in Sanchez's mind, but the revelation was news to coach Rex Ryan, who went to great lengths to not name a starter during the preseason.

"I never said he won the competition," Ryan said in a Friday conference call with reporters, via NFL.com.

"That's his opinion," the coach continued. "It's not about a company line. Apparently, if that's what he said then that's his opinion. Again there is that ongoing competition."

Whether that's true -- that this really is an ongoing competition -- is also up for debate. Rookie Geno Smith has been adequate in two starts, which, frankly, isn't much different than what we've seen from Sanchez in recent seasons. What is different, though, is that Smith was drafted by new general manager John Idzik, and Sanchez is pulling down $8.25 million in guaranteed money this season.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...nference-gets-testy-when-questioned-about-qbs

I won” comment," Ryan said Friday, “I think as a competitor, I guess that’s what you expect. You want your players to believe that. If you don’t believe in yourself, nobody else will. I certainly would expect that from any competitor, to think that they’re winning the job. His comments about that he clearly thinks he won the competition or whatever, that’s his opinion.”

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/20...inning_the_qb_competition_is_his_opinion.html

As with Westhoff declaring that Sanchez was just a passenger, never a driver on the post season busses, the above could not be any more succinct, clearer or subject to interpretation... unless someone allows their subjective partisanship stand in the way of the cold light of reality.

It's coachspeak under Idzik, this is a team that hasn't declared geno the starter saying competition is still ongoing. At some point you have to use common sense.

Westhoff didn't say anything bad about Mark.

It's coachspeak under Idzik, this is a team that hasn't declared geno the starter saying competition is still ongoing. At some point you have to use common sense.

Westhoff didn't say anything bad about Mark.

Of course he didn't. It's coach-speak for "he was the weakest link on our team" . He was being as diplomatic as possible rather than throwing hapless dead QBs walking under the bus. See how that works?

4 playoff wins in 4 seasons as a starter which is more than your franchise from 1995-2012 and counting.

4 playoff wins in 4 seasons as a starter which is more than your franchise from 1995-2012 and counting.

NOthing Henne or Rex Grossman couldn't have done with the same supporting cast whether being gifted into the postseason or not. Tannehill might have even taken the Charity version to the jest first ever conference championship in 2 centuries.

It's just funny how you are reading between the lines on Rex's quote but refuse to do the same on what can only be interpreted as damning by faint praise by the diplomatic Westhoff. Go figure

junc still living it up in the past:lol2:
so sad

we always do, we all know the future in this league reside in Miami. This is my 10th season on the board and every year you guys think you will be better and think you have a bright future. maybe it's finally happening? but maybe for once you guys should wait until you actually do anything before you start crowing?

Every coach should be a bad loser. Show me a good loser and Ill show you a loser.

A bad loser is a guy who acts classless at every defeat. You can lose but you must learn in order to better your team, if you trash your own men then there's no progress.

Joe Philbin, Miami Dolphins' HC is a very sincere guy and he has been angry on each losing day; but he's the classiest man in the world, he points what was wrong, encouraging his men to keep moving forward.

A bad loser is a guy who acts classless at every defeat. You can lose but you must learn in order to better your team, if you trash your own men then there's no progress.

Joe Philbin, Miami Dolphins' HC is a very sincere guy and he has been angry on each losing day; but he's the classiest man in the world, he points what was wrong, encouraging his men to keep moving forward.

So you know Philbin? you hang out w/ him? how do you know he's the "classiest man in the world"? Sparano was the greatest early on too, stop anointing guys too soon.

So you know Philbin? you hang out w/ him? how do you know he's the "classiest man in the world"? Sparano was the greatest early on too, stop anointing guys too soon.

So you know Sanchez? you hang out w/ him? how do you know he's "27th ranked but top 10 best"? Pennington was the greatest early on too, stop anointing guys too soon.

See how that works?

So you know Sanchez? you hang out w/ him? how do you know he's "27th ranked but top 10 best"? Pennington was the greatest early on too, stop anointing guys too soon.

See how that works?

I know by watching, did I say he was the greatest human being on the planet?(though he is a good guy and yes I would know). Chad was a top QB in this league prior to all his injuries to his throwing shoulder, even when he couldn't throw anymore he took the worst franchise in the league from 1 win to 1 and a div title in 1 year and Chad is the best guy in sports(or one of them and yes I would know).

So why wouldnt he know by watching and listening?

Back
Top Bottom