Rex Ryan still believes that the Wildcat is viable offense in the NFL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex Ryan still believes that the Wildcat is viable offense in the NFL

Rex Ryan and his ground-and-pound bull**** is the reason why Mark Sanchez will have another mediocre season. The Jets could have above average QB play if they would simply adjust to the rule changes like everyone else with half a brain.

Rex Ryan's faith in the run game reminds me 50 year-old hippie guy with the pony tail smoking pot with the young kids at the Nickelback show still sporting his Crosby Stills & Nash shirt from his 20's.

Give it up, you retard.

Its tough for him to pick up on things. Were talking about a guy who had Tony Sparano as the HC of another team in his division for THREE YEARS and obviously he didnt seem to figure out during that time that Sparano is a bewb.

Rex Ryan and his ground-and-pound bull**** is the reason why Mark Sanchez will have another mediocre season. The Jets could have above average QB play if they would simply adjust to the rule changes like everyone else with half a brain.

Rex Ryan's faith in the run game reminds me 50 year-old hippie guy with the pony tail smoking pot with the young kids at the Nickelback show still sporting his Crosby Stills & Nash shirt from his 20's.

Give it up, you retard.

I'm convinced that Jabba is obsessed with resurrecting the 1985 Chicago Bears ... or maybe the 1935 Chicago Bears complete with leather helmets ... to demonstrate his coaching "genius". Tebow, a "QB" who can't pass, and the wildcat are part and parcel of Jabba's "plan". A 250 pound bruiser with Jesus on his side will surely put the fear of God into opposing defenses, I guess the thought is, even if his errant downfield throws are as likely to end up being caught by DBs as WRs.

I think that Jabba's reasoning is that, if the rest of the league is building Ds to stop the passing game, then those same Ds won't be any good against the rush. After all, we all know that only Jabba is a great enough defensive coach to build a D that stops both cuz he told us so, and it's perfect contrarian logic: do the opposite of what everybody else is doing.

That the Jests don't actually have the personnel to run the "ground and pound" is immaterial. Never mind that they don't have a blocking TE on the roster. Never mind that Shonn Greene doesn't make many yards that the OL doesn't get for him. Tony Sparano will fix everything, but especially the Jests mediocre OL, including the travesty that is Wayne Hunter, the busting of Vlad Ducasse, and the lack of depth on the OL, all by playing musical linemen in TC and into the regular season.

I'm convinced that Jabba is obsessed with resurrecting the 1985 Chicago Bears ... or maybe the 1935 Chicago Bears complete with leather helmets ... to demonstrate his coaching "genius". Tebow, a "QB" who can't pass, and the wildcat are part and parcel of Jabba's "plan". A 250 pound bruiser with Jesus on his side will surely put the fear of God into opposing defenses, I guess the thought is, even if his errant downfield throws are as likely to end up being caught by DBs as WRs.

I think that Jabba's reasoning is that, if the rest of the league is building Ds to stop the passing game, then those same Ds won't be any good against the rush. After all, we all know that only Jabba is a great enough defensive coach to build a D that stops both cuz he told us so, and it's perfect contrarian logic: do the opposite of what everybody else is doing.

That the Jests don't actually have the personnel to run the "ground and pound" is immaterial. Never mind that they don't have a blocking TE on the roster. Never mind that Shonn Greene doesn't make many yards that the OL doesn't get for him. Tony Sparano will fix everything, but especially the Jests mediocre OL, including the travesty that is Wayne Hunter, the busting of Vlad Ducasse, and the lack of depth on the OL, all by playing musical linemen in TC and into the regular season.

"ground and pound" is a philospohy, it doesn't mean we will be running 60% of the time. I would bet we will still throw more than run but it's a mindset, a physical style of play for the OL and hopefully it works.

When bashing Greene just keep in mind w/ a bad OL a year ago he still averaged over 4 YPC and tebow will be a big help to our ground game w/ the WC and running out of base sets.

I don't know where this notion comes from that you need to have a top passing game or you need to pass much more than you run to win.

2011 title games: SF and Bal
2010 title games: NYJ
2009 title games: NYJ
2008 title games: Bal
2007 title game and SB: NYG
2006 title game and SB: Chi
2005 title game and SB: Pitt

every year running teams are going deep into postseason so why is it crazy to want to establish a ground game?

Wayne Hunter was a starter on a title game team and we have good OL everywhere except RT, it's not like the OL completely sucks barring injuries.

The Ol should be much better, not 2009 better but much better than '11. We have deep threats in this offense which should help, we have a good pass catching TE, sanchez is passing the ball better than he ever has. This O should at least be middle of the pack and w/ our D that should be good enough to get back to postseason.

I like Rex as a defensive coordinator. But his entire family has the same dumbass coaching philosophy and they've all been **** ups for the most part.

Lately every time I hear the defensive guru that is Rex Ryan speak, he's talking about offense.

And I don't care if it's Mark Sanchez and the Jets or not because I'd say the same thing about my own team if this nonsense was going down in Miami, but Rex has done NOTHING to support and show faith in his QB. He's always saying, "we'll see" or he's bringing in the worst starting QB in the league to "back him up" after the Jets handed Sanchez a new contract. What a joke. I'm sure Sanchez is loving all of that.

Personally, I like Mark Sanchez. I think that kid has some serious talent and could do some great things in this league.

But how would you feel if your current employer showed little to no confidence in the job that you do on a daily basis. How confident would you feel in the work you're doing for your company?

I disagree, I think every move they made this offseason inclduing Tebow was made w/ helping Sanchez bounce back from his mediocre 2011 season.

I disagree, I think every move they made this offseason inclduing Tebow was made w/ helping Sanchez bounce back from his mediocre 2011 season.

Off-topic, Eli Manning is unstoppable in Madden '13.

Downloaded the demo last night at work for PS3.

Hall of Famer that Eli.

Off-topic, Eli Manning is unstoppable in Madden '13.

Downloaded the demo last night at work for PS3.

Hall of Famer that Eli.

he is the best QB in the game so he should be great on Madden.

Wanna buy a bridge over Chautauqua Lake ... cheap?

Dude, you are delusional.

First off, Sanchez was never good enough to "bounce back" from any "mediocre" season. At best, he's been "mediocre" his entire pro career.

Second, if trading for the worse passer in the league, signing a never-was WR, and drafting a WR out of a triple-option offense constitues "helping" a QB do better, I'd like to see what "sabotaging" him looks like ... :crazy: Oh, wait! :3w: I do know what that looks like ... it's leaving Wayne Hunter as his starting RT! :sidelol:

Wanna buy a bridge over Chautauqua Lake ... cheap?

Dude, you are delusional.

First off, Sanchez was never good enough to "bounce back" from any "mediocre" season. At best, he's been "mediocre" his entire pro career.

Second, if trading for the worse passer in the league, signing a never-was WR, and drafting a WR out of a triple-option offense constitues "helping" a QB do better, I'd like to see what "sabotaging" him looks like ... :crazy: Oh, wait! :3w: I do know what that looks like ... it's leaving Wayne Hunter as his starting RT! :sidelol:

mark was a top 10 type QB 2 years ago, I know you'll throw fantasy stats out at me but he cut down on TOs and desptie an up and down run game and D he led the team to 4-5 late game comeback wins helping us get to 11 wins.

-Hiring Tony Sparano who will emphasize run game
-bringing in tebow- Brad Smith was a great help to the O and Tebow is better than Brad
-drafting a WR high
-not bringing back Plax

Good organizations don't have to vastly overpay like Buffalo did for a good pass rusher. Should the jets have reached to take a tackle? should they have overpaid for one in FA? REMEMBER, this exact same starting OL was starting in the AFC Championship Game at Pitt in jan of 2011 so it's not like he hasn't proven he can play. yes, I would have preferred they upgraded at RT and I think they are still working on that and we may have a starter week 1 that isn't currently on the roster but I wouldn't want them to reach or overpay for one.

Good organizations don't have to vastly overpay like Buffalo did for a good pass rusher. Should the jets have reached to take a tackle? should they have overpaid for one in FA? REMEMBER, this exact same starting OL was starting in the AFC Championship Game at Pitt in jan of 2011 so it's not like he hasn't proven he can play. yes, I would have preferred they upgraded at RT and I think they are still working on that and we may have a starter week 1 that isn't currently on the roster but I wouldn't want them to reach or overpay for one.

Have the Jets ever done any wrong in your eyes?

Back
Top Bottom