Rex Ryan still believes that the Wildcat is viable offense in the NFL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex Ryan still believes that the Wildcat is viable offense in the NFL

Have the Jets ever done any wrong in your eyes?

who said that? b/c I don't see 5 wins that means they haven't done anything wrong? The question is have they ever done anything right to you guys b/c despite the success you still treat them as if they are the Bills or dolphins.

who said that? b/c I don't see 5 wins that means they haven't done anything wrong? The question is have they ever done anything right to you guys b/c despite the success you still treat them as if they are the Bills or dolphins.

You've talked so glowingly about what the Jets have done the last few years it's hard for me to remember you ever criticizing any move they've ever made.

You've talked so glowingly about what the Jets have done the last few years it's hard for me to remember you ever criticizing any move they've ever made.

I criticize when they deserve it, I criticized them a lot last year, the 2 years before that there wasn't too much to criticize.

mark was a top 10 type QB 2 years ago, I know you'll throw fantasy stats out at me but he cut down on TOs and desptie an up and down run game and D he led the team to 4-5 late game comeback wins helping us get to 11 wins.

-Hiring Tony Sparano who will emphasize run game
-bringing in tebow- Brad Smith was a great help to the O and Tebow is better than Brad
-drafting a WR high
-not bringing back Plax

Good organizations don't have to vastly overpay like Buffalo did for a good pass rusher. Should the jets have reached to take a tackle? should they have overpaid for one in FA? REMEMBER, this exact same starting OL was starting in the AFC Championship Game at Pitt in jan of 2011 so it's not like he hasn't proven he can play. yes, I would have preferred they upgraded at RT and I think they are still working on that and we may have a starter week 1 that isn't currently on the roster but I wouldn't want them to reach or overpay for one.

A "top ten type QB"? Really? :sidelol: Nobody except Jests homers have ever thought Sanchez was a "top ten" QB. Ever.

Since the Jets had very limited success with the running game last season, it doesn't seem likely that will change under Sparano. He's underwhelming at best.
Tebow cannot run or pass as well as Smith. He can probably throw the ball further however, although the chances of it coming close to his WR are 50-50 at best.
Hill played in a triple option offense where passing was an afterthought. He's going to disappoint this season as he transitions -- if he can transition.
Burress was the reason that Sanchez threw as many TDs as he did. Who on the current Jets roster replaces his red zone production?

Good organizations don't overpay for mediocre WR with diva personalities, and three weeks into TC is a bit late to be "working on" finding an upgrade at starting RT.

A "top ten type QB"? Really? :sidelol: Nobody except Jests homers have ever thought Sanchez was a "top ten" QB. Ever.

Since the Jets had very limited success with the running game last season, it doesn't seem likely that will change under Sparano. He's underwhelming at best.
Tebow cannot run or pass as well as Smith. He can probably throw the ball further however, although the chances of it coming close to his WR are 50-50 at best.
Hill played in a triple option offense where passing was an afterthought. He's going to disappoint this season as he transitions -- if he can transition.
Burress was the reason that Sanchez threw as many TDs as he did. Who on the current Jets roster replaces his red zone production?

Good organizations don't overpay for mediocre WR with diva personalities, and three weeks into TC is a bit late to be "working on" finding an upgrade at starting RT.

I don't care wht fantasy football fans think, he was a top 10 type QB- somewhere in the 8-12 range. You don't judge QBs based entirely on fantasy #s.

The jets had similar running success as they had 2 years ago.

Tebow runs and passes better than Smith. Notice how Brad was good for us and couldn't do anything for you? same thing w/ Maybin- you think we have better coaching?

Hill is not expected to catch 70 balls, he'll probably catch 30-40 but as long as the yards per avg is high that will be ok.

Burress' 8 TDs were why Sanchez threw 18 other TDs?

Hill is a big target that can also get downfield.

Mediocre? He's a SB MVP and nearly helped us get to a SB, he's not Stevie stone hands who puts up good fantasy #s but is nowhere to be found in crunch time.

Jets fan No. 1: "I should probably get a picture of [Mark] Sanchez. He is the starter." Jets fan No. 2: "Sanchez is a lot better but you wouldn't know it. The offense is so atrocious. See that scrimmage? Looked like Cortland out there. They'll probably put [Tim] Tebow out there and just say 'Run for your life.' "
Mark Sanchez gets sacked during last Friday's preseason game against the Bengals. (AP)Ah, Jets fans. The painful eventuality these jaded folks feared entering training camp went something like this: The pressure of Tebow's popularity would overwhelm Sanchez, and he would crumble while the Chosen One ascended

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--s...-sanchez-in-effort-to-hold-off-tim-tebow.html

:3w:

I don't care wht fantasy football fans think, he was a top 10 type QB- somewhere in the 8-12 range. You don't judge QBs based entirely on fantasy #s.

Who knew a Top-10 QB would finish his seasons 28th, 27th, and 23rd in QBR? QBR is bull**** right? It's a horrible indicator on how good a player is. That must explain why the real QBs like Brees, Rodgers, Brady, etc. are always at the top of a QBR list.

Who knew a Top-10 QB would finish his seasons 28th, 27th, and 23rd in QBR? QBR is bull**** right? It's a horrible indicator on how good a player is. That must explain why the real QBs like Brees, Rodgers, Brady, etc. are always at the top of a QBR list.

Don't judge QBs based solely on QB ratings and fantasy stats and you won't have that issue in the future.

QBR isn't a fantasy stat. It's THE measuring tool of a QB who is worth a ****

yep, it gives you the same grade for making a play down 30 in the 4th qtr as down 6 in the 4th qtr. sanchez led numerous late gam comebacks to help us win after the D and run game failed us. That doesn't show up on the QBR stat sheet.

Don't judge QBs based solely on QB ratings and fantasy stats and you won't have that issue in the future.

Really? Just count active QBs with Super Bowl rings ... Brees 1, P Manning 1, Rodgers, P Manning 2, Roethlisberger 2, Brady 3.

yep, it gives you the same grade for making a play down 30 in the 4th qtr as down 6 in the 4th qtr. sanchez led numerous late gam comebacks to help us win after the D and run game failed us. That doesn't show up on the QBR stat sheet.

Of course. Stats that set out to make Sanchez look bad when he really isn't.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

where did I say Sanchez was up w/ those guys?

You said he was Top 8 to 12. Those guys right there are Top 5 already. Kinzua listed Peyton Manning twice though :lol2:

Of course. Stats that set out to make Sanchez look bad when he really isn't.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

You said he was Top 8 to 12. Those guys right there are Top 5 already. Kinzua listed Peyton Manning twice though :lol2:

so 8-12 is now top 5? Name me the 8-11 better QBs in the 2010 season please.

Back
Top Bottom