Rex Ryan still believes that the Wildcat is viable offense in the NFL | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex Ryan still believes that the Wildcat is viable offense in the NFL

so 8-12 is now top 5? Name me the 8-11 better QBs in the 2010 season please.

Rivers, Manning, Brees, Schaub, E. Manning, Carson Palmer, Rodgers, Brady, Vick, Roethlisberger, Flacco, Cassell, Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler, David Garrard

Tom Brady
Big Ben
Eli Manning (you'll argue this, but by your own "pressure" argument, he is elite)
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Philip Rivers
Matthew Stafford
Cam Newton
Andrew Luck (even though I know you're going to argue this one, it's obvious to everyone he will be a top 5 QB much sooner than later)
Matt Schaub

There's 11 right there. I could even list another 5-6 who are on equal footing as Sanchez, but who'll probably end up better once they get a few more years experience.

Let the spinning commence...

Rivers, Manning, Brees, Schaub, E. Manning, Carson Palmer, Rodgers, Brady, Vick, Roethlisberger, Flacco, Cassell, Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler, David Garrard

Eli and his 25 INTs?:lol2: Garrard? Schaub? PALMER?:lol2::lol2:

In 2010 Brady, peyton, Rodgers, Brees, Ben, Vick, Rivers, Ryan and maybe Flacco. The rest aren't even in the discussion.

Tom Brady
Big Ben
Eli Manning (you'll argue this, but by your own "pressure" argument, he is elite)
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Philip Rivers
Matthew Stafford
Cam Newton
Andrew Luck (even though I know you're going to argue this one, it's obvious to everyone he will be a top 5 QB much sooner than later)
Matt Schaub

There's 11 right there. I could even list another 5-6 who are on equal footing as Sanchez, but who'll probably end up better once they get a few more years experience.

Let the spinning commence...

I was talking about 2010 but in 2012:

Do we get Eli '11 or Eli '10? Eli should be better but he's never shown consistency from year to year.

Rivers is a great fantasy QB, he'll put up better #s w/o a doubt.

I would like to see Luck play a reg season game first.

Newton still has something to prove, now he is expected to win which is a huge difference from a year ago.

Schuab is vastly overrated, another great fantasy guy.

Stafford plays in a dome and has Calvin Johnson.

There's room in the top 10 if he plays more like 2010 than 2011.

Just to be clear, I didn't call him a top 10 QB going into 2012. I was discussing 2010, he can be in 2012 but we'll see.

Eli and his 25 INTs?:lol2: Garrard? Schaub? PALMER?:lol2::lol2:

In 2010 Brady, peyton, Rodgers, Brees, Ben, Vick, Rivers, Ryan and maybe Flacco. The rest aren't even in the discussion.

Yep. Give Schaub, Garrard, and Palmer better defenses and you'd see similar results to Sanchez.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Stafford plays in a dome and has Calvin Johnson.

What the **** is this even supposed to mean? Dome QBs aren't **** b/c there's a roof over their heads? How can Manning and Brees be anybody if this was true?

Yep. Give Schaub, Garrard, and Palmer better defenses and you'd see similar results to Sanchez.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

What the **** is this even supposed to mean? Dome QBs aren't **** b/c there's a roof over their heads? How can Manning and Brees be anybody if this was true?

The defenses are why those guys didn't make plays to win more games?

You don't think a dome QB has an advantage over outdoor QBs?

I'm convinced that Jabba is obsessed with resurrecting the 1985 Chicago Bears ... or maybe the 1935 Chicago Bears complete with leather helmets ... to demonstrate his coaching "genius". Tebow, a "QB" who can't pass, and the wildcat are part and parcel of Jabba's "plan". A 250 pound bruiser with Jesus on his side will surely put the fear of God into opposing defenses, I guess the thought is, even if his errant downfield throws are as likely to end up being caught by DBs as WRs.

Daddy's team? Freud would **** his pants.

Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisburger, Rivers, Vick, Ryan, Flacco, Freeman, Schaub, Cassel, Cutler.

The defenses are why those guys didn't make plays to win more games?

Those teams gave up more points than the Jets as a team did. You're telling me that doesn't factor into Sanchez winning a bit more?

You don't think a dome QB has an advantage over outdoor QBs?

Depends on the location. How many teams in domes have won the Super Bowl as opposed to teams in open-air stadiums?

:ponder:

definitely not in 2010

In comparison to Sanchez he did. More completions, attempts, better completion percentage, more yards, TDs, YPC, YPG, and a better QBR.

I know I know, stats don't mean anything. It's the leadership Sanchez shows that proves he was a Top 8-12 QB despite data as proof he wasn't.

Amazing how Henne had 4-5 4th qtr comebacks to win in 2009 but they didn't count because the Dolphins trailed by less then 7 points. Somehow Sanchez has 4-5 qtr comebacks trailing by 6 and that counts. Let me guess Junc. You never said that right? :idk:

Daddy's team? Freud would **** his pants.

Seriously! Remember DaBears' Refrigerator (William Perry), the big DLer who played OL on the goal line? Well, Jabba's got "Refrigerator Lite": CB Cromartie is going to play WR on occasion (and the wags keep laughing at the Fins' WRs! :sidelol:) plus he'll do Daddy at least one better with Savior Tebow: QB/HB/STer.

Those teams gave up more points than the Jets as a team did. You're telling me that doesn't factor into Sanchez winning a bit more?

Depends on the location. How many teams in domes have won the Super Bowl as opposed to teams in open-air stadiums?

Mayabe, our D also blew a ton of games and needed our O to bail them out. Again, you can't just look at #s w/o context.

It has nothing to do w/ SBs it has to do w/ QB play. They rarely have to play in the elements, it helps their passing #s which the average fan thinks tells us everything we need to know about QB play.

In comparison to Sanchez he did. More completions, attempts, better completion percentage, more yards, TDs, YPC, YPG, and a better QBR.

I know I know, stats don't mean anything. It's the leadership Sanchez shows that proves he was a Top 8-12 QB despite data as proof he wasn't.

You are a better fan than this Phinz to post nonsense like this. Oh and you forgot 8 more INTs, 7 less wins, or leading his O to 1.5 less PPG but he had a better rating!

Amazing how Henne had 4-5 4th qtr comebacks to win in 2009 but they didn't count because the Dolphins trailed by less then 7 points. Somehow Sanchez has 4-5 qtr comebacks trailing by 6 and that counts. Let me guess Junc. You never said that right? :idk:

Let's look at Chad Henne's "comebacks" in 2009:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=HennCh01

-vs. NYJ. Trailing 27-24 late, win 31-27
-vs. TB. Trailing 23-22 late(after he threw an INT to set up TB's lead), win 25-23
-vs. NE: down 21-19 enetering 4th qtr, win 22-21

These are comebacks that history will never forget:lol:

Let's compare that to sanchez's 10 comebacks:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=SancMa00

-at Den: Trailing 20-17, win 24-20. his was like a Henne comeback but at least it was on the road.
-at Det: Trailing by 10 w/ 3 mins left, leads Jets to 10 pts to send to OT then wins it on first drive of OT
-at Cle: after D blows 7 pt late lead(and K had missed multiple chip shots), Sanchez gets ball late in OT and wins the game
-vs. Hou: after D blows 23-7 4th qtr lead, gets the ball at NYJ 28 w/ 55 seconds w/ NO timeouts trailing by 4. Leads Td drive for the win
-PLAYOFFS at Indy. Trailing by 2 w/ under a min left. gets K in chip shot range to win it.

See any differences?

Seriously! Remember DaBears' Refrigerator (William Perry), the big DLer who played OL on the goal line? Well, Jabba's got "Refrigerator Lite": CB Cromartie is going to play WR on occasion (and the wags keep laughing at the Fins' WRs! :sidelol:) plus he'll do Daddy at least one better with Savior Tebow: QB/HB/STer.

A Bills fan laughing at anyone is the ultimate insult. It should be fun when you disappear from the board when buif starts losing like you always do.

You are a better fan than this Phinz to post nonsense like this. Oh and you forgot 8 more INTs, 7 less wins, or leading his O to 1.5 less PPG but he had a better rating!

How is it nonsense? You don't agree with me that stats tell the story for how good a QB is. That doesn't make what I think nonsense.

How is it nonsense? You don't agree with me that stats tell the story for how good a QB is. That doesn't make what I think nonsense.

It's 100% nonsense, they won FOUR games,m they were out of most games and he was playing in mostly garbage time. He incresed his #s but again even w/ that he threw 8 more INTs, 7 less wins, or leading his O to 1.5 less PPG. he wasn't anywhere near as good as Sanchez in 2010, he wasn't even as good as Mark last year.

Back
Top Bottom