Rex Ryan still believes that the Wildcat is viable offense in the NFL | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex Ryan still believes that the Wildcat is viable offense in the NFL

It's 100% nonsense, they won FOUR games,m they were out of most games and he was playing in mostly garbage time. He incresed his #s but again even w/ that he threw 8 more INTs, 7 less wins, or leading his O to 1.5 less PPG. he wasn't anywhere near as good as Sanchez in 2010, he wasn't even as good as Mark last year.

Palmer has 6 total TDs more than Sanchez did that year and it's his fault the Jets had a whopping 1.5 more PPG? Funny

Yes they won four games. They also lost games by 3, 3, 7, 8, 6, 6, 18, 16, 4, 16, and 6. I know, I know, good teams win close games. I'm not claiming the Bengals were good that year. But when Palmer has better numbers than Sanchez (sans the INTs) and his team loses 5 more games, let's not put some of the blame on the running game, or STs, or the coaches, or the schemes, or luck or anything.

Palmer has 6 total TDs more than Sanchez did that year and it's his fault the Jets had a whopping 1.5 more PPG? Funny

Yes they won four games. They also lost games by 3, 3, 7, 8, 6, 6, 18, 16, 4, 16, and 6. I know, I know, good teams win close games. I'm not claiming the Bengals were good that year. But when Palmer has better numbers than Sanchez (sans the INTs) and his team loses 5 more games, let's not put some of the blame on the running game, or STs, or the coaches, or the schemes, or luck or anything.

1.5 PPg is still more, right? sanchez made plays to win games carson palmer did not.

In clopse games where their teams had a chance:

palmer:
bal: led cincy to GW FG
Cle: failed trailing by 3 w/ 9.5 to play
TB: failed tied late in loss to TB
Mia: failed down 8 w/ 11 mins to play
Pit: failed down 6 w/ 4 mins to plays
Bal: failed down 6 w/ 11 mins left
Pit: failed down 6 w/ qtr to play

successful once, failed 6 times. Not a good ration

Sanchez:
Bal: failed w/ 2 shots trailing by 1
Mia: led late TD to extend lead to 8
Den: led late TD drive to win by 4
Det: led GW FG drive in OT
Cle: GW TD in OT
Hou: GW TD drive in final seconds
Pit: tied entering 4th, win by 5
Indy: led GW FG drive in final seconds

7 successes, 1 failure but his QB rating wasn't quite as high

1.5 PPg is still more, right? sanchez made plays to win games carson palmer did not.

palmer:

Sanchez:

I can't speak for any of those games except for the Dolphins game because I was at the game. Down 31-23 Henne had a pass to Marshall that he took to the 10 or so with a min left (give or take). They couldn't punch it in. The defense won that game with Sanchez's help. Sanchez had a good game that night, I have no trouble admitting that.

Let's not act like he was the only factor in it. Henne needs to get the team into the end zone to tie. He couldn't b/c the Jets stopped him.

I can't speak for any of those games except for the Dolphins game because I was at the game. Down 31-23 Henne had a pass to Marshall that he took to the 10 or so with a min left (give or take). They couldn't punch it in. The defense won that game with Sanchez's help. Sanchez had a good game that night, I have no trouble admitting that.

Let's not act like he was the only factor in it. Henne needs to get the team into the end zone to tie. He couldn't b/c the Jets stopped him.

The D allowed henne to carve them up, despite missing Braylon for the 1st qtr Sanchez kept leading us to points and gave the D the 8 pt cushion making Miami have to score a TD and get a 2 pt conversion. Miami also got the ball at their 31 w/ less than 2 mins left and the D barely held off Miami. We won b/c of Sanchez and the pass O.

The D allowed henne to carve them up, despite missing Braylon for the 1st qtr Sanchez kept leading us to points and gave the D the 8 pt cushion making Miami have to score a TD and get a 2 pt conversion. Miami also got the ball at their 31 w/ less than 2 mins left and the D barely held off Miami. We won b/c of Sanchez and the pass O.

You won because of Sanchez and the defense stopping Henne when it mattered. As I said. Whose to say Carson Palmer had those same results?

And never mind just him. What about the other QBs mentioned? Not superior enough b/c they didn't lead their team through the high seas of the NFL and into the all-important AFCCG?

palmer:

Sanchez:

clear.gif

You won because of Sanchez and the defense stopping Henne when it mattered. As I said. Whose to say Carson Palmer had those same results?

And never mind just him. What about the other QBs mentioned? Not superior enough b/c they didn't lead their team through the high seas of the NFL and into the all-important AFCCG?

We won b/c our O scored 31 pts and gave the D a very late 8 pt lead.

You can keep your stat guys, I'll take the guy who is making plays to win.

You won b/c the defense held Henne at the end. Had that not and the Dolphins scored 8 pts, who knows what would've happened. It's funny. You'll argue against me when I'm mostly on your side about his. It's just that you can't stand to be equal w/ someone so you do what you can to continue the nonsense.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

My stat guys like Rodgers, Brees, Eli Manning, and Brady? Sure! Keep Sanchez all you want. He's won tons.

2010 4th quarter stats:

Mark Sanchez:
QBRat: 55.5
com%: 46.2
TD: 2
INT: 4
yards: 753
YPA: 5.3

Carson Palmer:
QBRat: 77.7
com%: 59.3
TD: 9
INT: 8
yards: 1223
YPA: 6.7

When Behind:

Mark Sanchez:
QBRat: 76.5
com%: 56.0
TD: 8
Yards: 1827
YPA: 7.3

Carson Palmer:
QBRat: 83.7
Com%: 63.5
TD: 15
INT: 11
Yards: 2469
YPA: 6.6

It looks like if you want a QB that is making plays to win in 2010, Palmer would be your guy over Sanchez.

And I know how you love to call Schaub a "Fantasy QB" so I looked at the stats:

2010 4th quarter stats:

Mark Sanchez:

Matt Schaub:
QBRat: 94.8
Com%: 62.1
INT: 3
Yards: 1372
YPA: 7.5

When Behind:

Mark Sanchez:

Matt Schaub:
QBRat: 91.7
COM%: 63.5
TD: 17
INT: 10
Yards: 2993
YPA: 7.9

I'll go to my grave screaming that we should have gone for 2 to take a 9 point lead. I don't care what the "book" says. Our defense played like **** all night and was totally gassed on that last drive. Stupid move by Rex not to take the opportunity to win on offense. We could have put the game away with the much better unit that night ... the offense. instead of ending the game right there, we gave the Dolphins an opportunity to break our hearts, and they almost did.

Mayabe, our D also blew a ton of games and needed our O to bail them out. Again, you can't just look at #s w/o context.

It has nothing to do w/ SBs it has to do w/ QB play. They rarely have to play in the elements, it helps their passing #s which the average fan thinks tells us everything we need to know about QB play.

You are a better fan than this Phinz to post nonsense like this. Oh and you forgot 8 more INTs, 7 less wins, or leading his O to 1.5 less PPG but he had a better rating!

Let's look at Chad Henne's "comebacks" in 2009:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=HennCh01

-vs. NYJ. Trailing 27-24 late, win 31-27
-vs. TB. Trailing 23-22 late(after he threw an INT to set up TB's lead), win 25-23
-vs. NE: down 21-19 enetering 4th qtr, win 22-21

These are comebacks that history will never forget:lol:

Let's compare that to sanchez's 10 comebacks:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=SancMa00

-at Den: Trailing 20-17, win 24-20. his was like a Henne comeback but at least it was on the road.
-at Det: Trailing by 10 w/ 3 mins left, leads Jets to 10 pts to send to OT then wins it on first drive of OT
-at Cle: after D blows 7 pt late lead(and K had missed multiple chip shots), Sanchez gets ball late in OT and wins the game
-vs. Hou: after D blows 23-7 4th qtr lead, gets the ball at NYJ 28 w/ 55 seconds w/ NO timeouts trailing by 4. Leads Td drive for the win
-PLAYOFFS at Indy. Trailing by 2 w/ under a min left. gets K in chip shot range to win it.

See any differences?

A Bills fan laughing at anyone is the ultimate insult. It should be fun when you disappear from the board when buif starts losing like you always do.
Only in how you presented it. Detroit gave the game away, the d blows a lead twice and he is down by only 2 or 3 points. When Henne did it you dismissed them because he was down less then 7. You don't apply those rules to Sanchez.

2010 4th quarter stats:

Mark Sanchez:

Carson Palmer:
QBRat: 77.7
com%: 59.3
yards: 1223
YPA: 6.7

When Behind:

Mark Sanchez:

Carson Palmer:
QBRat: 83.7
Com%: 63.5
TD: 15
INT: 11
Yards: 2469
YPA: 6.6

It looks like if you want a QB that is making plays to win in 2010, Palmer would be your guy over Sanchez.

You didn't know that b/c the Bengals were 4-12 that none of their games counted nor was there any pressure on them to win? The Jets on the other hand, expectations were sky high so ALL of their games were of the utmost importance.

Back
Top Bottom