Ricky a pot head? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky a pot head?

I dont smoke pot, but i dont care if others do. Its the same as alcohol, ok if you do it once in a while but when it becomes a problem its very harmful.

SkapePhin said:
It'll mess you up just as much as a shot of vodka will mess you up.. So why is one legal while the other isnt?

Do you realize that crime rates would drop significantly if marijuana would be legalized? All those gang members making money off dealing would have to find some other endeavor, trafficking would be killed, the Government could better control the product making it safer, and better yet, TAX the crap out of it...

My feeling is that the alcohol/tobacco companies simply do not want to compete with marijuana if it were to be legalized.. and tobacco holds alot of power in political circles..

SO TRUE. Thanks for being honest and not saying what people want to hear.

plc001[I said:
]I have never smoked pot. I've also never jumped off a building from 30 stories up but I think I know what I'm talking about when I say it'll mess you up.

58 years old and you still smoke pot. That is sad. I'd let everyone believe I was 17 if I were you.
[/I]
Regardless, there are rules to the game. If you can't abide by them then expect the consequences. Simple as that. Ricky is an a$$hole, not because he smokes pot, but because he expects to be above the system. I'm happy to have him off the team, even if we lose every game. Something to be said for integrity.

:shakeno: That post is very sad, short-sighted and quite frankly ignorant.
Ignorant because you state offthe top you never smoked weed, yet you claim to know all about how it'll mess you up.
Betcha don't see anything wrong with going out and getting sh*t-faced and smoking a pack a cigarettes in a night though. :shakeno:

SkapePhin said:
It'll mess you up just as much as a shot of vodka will mess you up.. So why is one legal while the other isnt?

Do you realize that crime rates would drop significantly if marijuana would be legalized? All those gang members making money off dealing would have to find some other endeavor, trafficking would be killed, the Government could better control the product making it safer, and better yet, TAX the crap out of it...

My feeling is that the alcohol/tobacco companies simply do not want to compete with marijuana if it were to be legalized.. and tobacco holds alot of power in political circles..

Ugh! God help us if this country ever get to the point they feel they have to try some of the things you are pushing here.

Not knocking you man, but for me, someone that has seen what drugs do to our youth you couldn't be more wrong.

It wouldn't matter if it was legal or not. They would be addicted, and when addicted you cannot work or function as a responsible human being, period. There would still be crime, because they wouldn't be able to work, because they would be calling out sick all the time, and would be fired eventually. They'd have to go back to stealing to get the $ to buy those legal drugs!

Oliver...

ohall said:
Ugh! God help us if this country ever get to the point they feel they have to try some of the things you are pushing here.

Not knocking you man, but for me, someone that has seen what drugs do to our youth you couldn't be more wrong.

It wouldn't matter if it was legal or not. They would be addicted, and when addicted you cannot work or function as a responsible human being, period. There would still be crime, because they wouldn't be able to work, because they would be calling out sick all the time, and would be fired eventually. They'd have to go back to stealing to get the $ to buy those legal drugs!

Oliver...
People in this country are addicted to cigarettes and alcohol too.

outtawack311 said:
I dont smoke pot, but i dont care if others do. Its the same as alcohol, ok if you do it once in a while but when it becomes a problem its very harmful.

It's a HUGE problem. This is one of the reasons why health care is so expensive. Companies have to over charge because so many ppl who are addicted to drugs call out sick and we have to pay for them to get help for the drug addictions which include alochol.

We have legalized alcohol, and along with POT and COCAINE these THREE are the biggest drains on our employee health care systems. As a country we lose BILLIONS of dollars from lost production from these addictive drugs.

Oliver...

Gaphinfan said:
Pot is for losers who have not motivation in life.

:shakeno: Is that what your mother and father told you? Or is that what the media told you? I'm so sick and tired of people saying that if you smoke pot you will loose motivation ..... you will get crazy ..... you get this and that. I've been smoking pot for 6 years and i am perfectly fine, i've been a straight A student all my life, and just got accepted into a very good universtiy and i hope to pursue my college degree and make lots of money. I am just your average joe and i am perfectly fine. My motivation is not lost and my memory is perfectly fine.

p.s. if ricky smokes weed so what? If he rushes for 1,000 yards a season .. i'm happy.

Stop being brainwashed, watch the documentary titled " GRASS " and it will set you free, and give you the TRUTH.

I cant comment on it since ive never done it, but i can give a personal experience. A couple of my best friends started doing it regulary, ever since then its all there life, there academics have been bad,and there lsoing alot of money...jsut my experience.

pigskinguy said:
People in this country are addicted to cigarettes and alcohol too.

I know quite a few ppl who live paycheck to paycheck because they have to feed their addiction of cigarettes and alcohol. In fact my neice is one of these ppl. And all she does is wish she could kick her habbits.

Our nation loses Billions of dollars from these legal drugs. This only proves my point.

Oliver...

finfanatic99 said:
:shakeno: Is that what your mother and father told you? Or is that what the media told you? I'm so sick and tired of people saying that if you smoke pot you will loose motivation ..... you will get crazy ..... you get this and that. I've been smoking pot for 6 years and i am perfectly fine, i've been a straight A student all my life, and just accepted into a very good universtiy and i hope to pursue my college degree and make lots of money. I am just your average joe and i am perfectly fine. My motivation is not loss and my memory is perfectly fine.

p.s. if ricky smokes weed so what? If he rushes for 1,000 yards a season .. i'm happy.

Stop being brainwashed, watch the documentary titled " GRASS " and it will set you free, and give you the TRUTH.

Well you're prob 18 years old or close to it. Wait a few years when you realize you are not invincible, and wait till age starts to catch up to you. What you are doing now is going to take years off your life. Nevermind if you plan on having kids, you are increasing the odds of those children not being born as healthy has they could have been.

People like you are very selfish, and when you finally realize this it's way too late, the damage is already done.

Oliver...

pigskinguy said:
:shakeno: That post is very sad, short-sighted and quite frankly ignorant.
Ignorant because you state offthe top you never smoked weed, yet you claim to know all about how it'll mess you up.
Betcha don't see anything wrong with going out and getting sh*t-faced and smoking a pack a cigarettes in a night though. :shakeno:

Actually, I do see something wrong with drunkeness, and smoking a pack of cigerettes. I am in control of facilities at all times. I'm able to handle life without the assistance of anything external. And I have just as much fun as any drunk. Except I can remember my activities and I don't need to spend money on the cigarettes.

Short sighted and ignorant... how so? I can dig up as many resources as you like on the ill effects of pot and I've seen the effects.

As far as the statement that crime would go down if the US legalized pot. I got this for you. A line has to be drawn somewhere, if the dealers aren't dealing pot, then they'll be dealing something else. You think the dealers are providing a service for you? Heck no, they are interested in getting paid. Pot fills that need today, legalize it, cocaine and heroine will fill that need tomorrow. That statement.... now that was a fine example of short sightedness

ohall? Do you think legalizing it will change the habits of anyone? Honestly, potheads are potheads and they will be whether its legal or not.. The notion that if it were legalized everyone in the country would just go out blazing all day long and the infrastructure of the country would just crumble because noone would want to work anymore is just laughable..

People who smoke are going to smoke whether its legal or not.. You will NOT be getting more marijuana users just because it is legalized.. Sure crime would continue, but none related to pot trafficking (which is a large amount of crime, gangs, dealers, petty theft, etc.)

Secondly, there is a large portion of the country who would simply not touch it if it were legal.. Ive tried it, but I dont really like it much.. so if it were legal I would just rush out and toke all day? No.. Nothing would change.. Legalizing it would simply save space in our jails for people who deserve it, rather than a guy who just wants to unwind on his couch.. If a dude wants to waste his life away on pot, thats his right.. same for a drunkard..

I dont feel the workplace would suffer one iota if pot were legalized.. Workplaces could still set their own rules, obviously dont show up to work high, same as most are not permitted to show up to work drunk..

BTW, Pot isnt really a physically addictive drug ala tobacco.. I have yet to see a pothead commit some violent act on society.. Alcohol is a MUCH more destructive drug.

ohall said:
Well you're prob 18 years old or close to it. Wait a few years when you realize you are not invincible, and wait till age starts to catch up to you. What you are doing now is going to take years off your life. Nevermind if you plan on having kids, you are increasing the odds of those children not being born as healthy has they could have been.

People like you are very selfish, and when you finally realize this it's way too late, the damage is already done.

Oliver...

Oliver, close..... i'm 19. :cooldude:

I agree, too much of everything is bad for you. A person should not live their life soley for a drug or alcohol, and that is when it may be hazardous. I smoke occasionaly when i want to relax and enjoy myself. That is the beauty of marijuana, i am not addicted. I just get upset when people who just don't know a thing about marijuana go around saying ignorant remarks and jump to conclusions.

Our nation loses Billions of dollars from these legal drugs. This only proves my point.

Well then.. be consistent no? Either legalize all three of these basically on par drugs, or just ban them all.. Oh.. we tried that before? And it didnt work? Why? Because people actually needed something to aid them in escaping the stresses and mundanities of everyday life from time to time? Oh... that sucks.. And now the companies peddling these legal drugs are making billions of dollars exploiting our populace and feeding the pockets of politicians in order to secure their agenda?

Face it, Marijuana is illegal because of its image as an anti-establishment drug, a slacker drug.. Whereas, alcohol and tobacco have been associated with high society for quite some time... Its a little more difficult to ban such an accepted, yet equally harmful substance..

SkapePhin said:
ohall? Do you think legalizing it will change the habits of anyone? Honestly, potheads are potheads and they will be whether its legal or not.. The notion that if it were legalized everyone in the country would just go out blazing all day long and the infrastructure of the country would just crumble because noone would want to work anymore is just laughable..

People who smoke are going to smoke whether its legal or not.. You will NOT be getting more marijuana users just because it is legalized.. Sure crime would continue, but none related to pot trafficking (which is a large amount of crime, gangs, dealers, petty theft, etc.)

Secondly, there is a large portion of the country who would simply not touch it if it were legal.. Ive tried it, but I dont really like it much.. so if it were legal I would just rush out and toke all day? No.. Nothing would change.. Legalizing it would simply save space in our jails for people who deserve it, rather than a guy who just wants to unwind on his couch.. If a dude wants to waste his life away on pot, thats his right.. same for a drunkard..

I dont feel the workplace would suffer one iota if pot were legalized.. Workplaces could still set their own rules, obviously dont show up to work high, same as most are not permitted to show up to work drunk..

BTW, Pot isnt really a physically addictive drug ala tobacco.. I have yet to see a pothead commit some violent act on society.. Alcohol is a MUCH more destructive drug.

I believe if it were legal we'd have a bigger problem. Some children do stay away from drugs because it is illegal. If it were legal IMO there would be more ppl addicted to what we call illegal drugs.

I never said the country would crumble. I do however know the problem we have now with pot and other gateway drugs would increase if it were legal. IMO that would only be common sense. Obviously we disagree.

Yes ppl who are currently addicted will do it whether it's legal or not. The point being we don't need more ppl being addicted.

If it waslegal more ppl would try it, again I think that to be common sense. Obviously we disagree.

Pot use is a HUGE problem in the work place right now. Making it legal, in other words more widely available like alcohol it would then become just a big a problem as alochol is currently. As alcohol use has become more accepted by society the more it has become a bigger problem, not a smaller one. Wouldn't you agree?

I agree alochol is a bigger problem, nonetheless it's a problem. It is not good for your health or for your mental state.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom