Ricky fights back against Seth McKinney and has more to say! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky fights back against Seth McKinney and has more to say!

Boomer said:
A well thought out response.

You're d*mn right it is. As far as it goes, McKinney's got far more integrity than Ricky.

I was being sarcastic.

Which part of "It's Ricky's life" don't you get?

Boomer said:
I was being sarcastic.

Everyone understands its ricky's life. He made a decision to retire from the NFL one week before training camp. He's allowed to do it. He's just an assh*le, and doesnt give a **** about anybody but himself.

Boomer said:
I was being sarcastic.

It's my life......which means I could urinate down your throat if I wanted to, but would I????? Nah............ you can't walk around this world thinking "It's my life, I do what I want to." .................unless of course you want to live your life exradited from the rest of society, which apparently Ricky does......

enigmatics said:
It's my life......which means I could urinate down your throat if I wanted to, but would I????? Nah............ you can't walk around this world thinking "It's my life, I do what I want to." .................unless of course you want to live your life exradited from the rest of society, which apparently Ricky does......

Well you could do, but you'd be committing a criminal offense. Unlike retiring from a sports team.

Boomer said:
Well you could do, but you'd be committing a criminal offense. Unlike retiring from a sports team.

excatly^

some people tend to forget that sports is for leisure and fun and as a form of getaway from real life...he can do anything he wants with his sports career

Pope Shula XIV said:
Oh yeah,

How long until David Boston decides he wants to tour the Phillippines with the Black Eyed Peas???

I'm angry with myself for becoming indifferent to the Dolphins and I'm angry with Wannstedt for causing my indifference. Damn you, Wannstedt! Damn you to hell!

"Damn you, Wannstedt! Damn you to hell!" doesn't sound much like an indifferent fan to me. :confused:

Atila said:
excatly^some people tend to forget that sports is for leisure and fun and as a form of getaway from real life...he can do anything he wants with his sports career
Tell this to all of the store owners and business' in the United States and abroad. All of the Ricky Williams merchandise is now worthless (not literally, but it's gone down BIG time). 25% off now and it will most definetly continue to drop. I agree football is a form of entertainment and leisure to some extent, but it is also a major business market. You can't forget that.

Boomer said:
I think McKinney should shut his yap. What the hell has he done for this team?? Nothing. If Seau or JT or Zach had said this then fine, but it was a guy who couldn't beat out one of the worst centers in the game. He should shut his mouth. I'm GLAD Ricky said what he said.

Persoanlly I'm glad Seth spoke out. RW retiring effected everyone on the team not just the pro bowlers. By speaking out it shows that Seth cares about winning.

Boomer said:
I think McKinney should shut his yap. What the hell has he done for this team?? Nothing. If Seau or JT or Zach had said this then fine, but it was a guy who couldn't beat out one of the worst centers in the game. He should shut his mouth. I'm GLAD Ricky said what he said.

As for Dan LeBatard.....why is he LeRetard? He's doing a job. God, for once someone is showing some journalistic integrity and the guy is getting panned for it. Ricky doesn't want to talk to anyone but LeBatard. LeBatard's job is to report and analyse. That's what he's doing. Who are we to judge on Ricky's life? We make decisions every day in our working lives that annoy other people. We don't get castigated for it. Neither should Ricky.

Yeah he's selfish, yeah he's let us down, but yeah it's also his life.
I think we are pretty quick to forget that.

LeBatard smells a Pulitzer. That's why he acting as Ricky's mouthpiece.

''I owe Seth an explanation?"

Yes Ricky. You owe Seth and every other player on that team who busted their *** day in and day out preparing for this season an explanation. If you are going to do this to this team, at this time, at least be man enough to face that team and look them in the eye when your doing it!

I find it funny how he talks about all this new found "strength" he has to finally walk away. But to me it looks more like his cowardice has finally taken over. Too bad we didn't know how much of that existed in him in the first place.

My opinion on this whole situation is this: As a pro football player who signed a contract, Ricky owed the Dolphins front office and his teamates enough to allow them to atleast prepare to replace him. Instead, he made what was obviously a rash decision and retired. I've read all the quotes about how he has thought about this for a long time, but for once I have to say (get your tape recorders ready) that Dave had it right when he questioned why Ricky would go through all of the offseason workouts only to bail right before training camp.
Yet we have all seen players "retire" during the heat of training camps so it shouldnt be that big of a suprise. As far as what Seth said about Ricky, I would put my money that there are more guys who feel like he does on the team then guys who understand walking away on the eve of training camp to chase the dragon.
Nonetheless, the Dolphins will be fine without Ricky Williams. Think of all the great seasons that Miami has had before Ricky and they will have alot of great ones after Ricky. He is not the difference between the Dolphins making the playoffs or winning the Super Bowl.

Boomer said:
As for Dan LeBatard.....why is he LeRetard? He's doing a job. God, for once someone is showing some journalistic integrity and the guy is getting panned for it. Ricky doesn't want to talk to anyone but LeBatard. LeBatard's job is to report and analyse. That's what he's doing.

Boomer,

LeBatard is basing his comments on the personal friendship he has with Ricky, not his objective view of the situation. Imagine if thats how all media handled their stories.

Hes fortunate to break such a big story, but to continue writing these tear- jerker op-ed peices about the strength of Ricky's decision is a bit much to bear.

I'm thinking at this point that we should be focusing on who is on the team now, and who is going to be going when they kick the ball off on September 12th. It ain't Ricky Williams. Let the Dolphins sue his *** for breach of contract, and move on with the game. Alter your game plan to accomodate the players you have. Who is to say that Travis Minor isn't a pro-bowl caliber RB in waiting? Who is to say we don't run 3 RB's out there and cross up opposing defenses with different personnel and styles. Keep them guessing with different plays every week.

Keep in mind that the defense hasn't lost anything, other then Ogunleye who probably will still be sucking on his passifier come opening day. But dwelling on what has happened won't do any good. Let's focus on what we have, and hope that everyone stays healthy and we get a few lucky bounces. It worked for the Patriots last year. What's to say it won't work for the Dolphins.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that maybe this is the event that shakes things up enough so that the Dolphins start playing as a team, rather then a bunch of individuals.

Look at the Marlins - TEAM.
Look at the Patriots - TEAM.
Look at the Pistons - TEAM.

Ricky Williams was a great player. But he is not a TEAM.
I want a cohesive TEAM now, not an individual player.
We didn't win with Ricky here, maybe we'll win WITHOUT him.

Let's think positive folks. Stranger things have happened.

Disclaimer - I am not discounting what Ricky did. It was a classless selfish move. I'm just trying to move on and look past this BS.

Back
Top Bottom