Ricky fights back against Seth McKinney and has more to say! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky fights back against Seth McKinney and has more to say!

I think McKinney should shut his yap. What the hell has he done for this team?? Nothing. If Seau or JT or Zach had said this then fine, but it was a guy who couldn't beat out one of the worst centers in the game. He should shut his mouth. I'm GLAD Ricky said what he said.

What's he done for the team?
Well, the first thing that comes to to mind, is that he didn't quit a week before camp. You're right, he isn't the greatest, but atleast he tries, contrary to Ricky.

Ricky just pulled the most selfish, immature, unprofessional and possibly devastating move on his teammates, coaches, employer, fans and the list goes on.

Anyone that wants to critizise is well in their right to do so.

Champ said:
analyse = analyze

castigated = ?

:roflmao:

Champ....what's the problem? Analyse is the ENGLISH spelling. If you bother checking, I am from England and you speak ENGLISH.

The fact you don't know what castigate means is neither here nor there.

Ricky is burned out and gone, end of story.
After last year, if you really think about it why would anyone want to be killed carrying the ball 420 times, you have to be an idiot to commit suicide while playing football.
I know the timing for what he did was wrong and I hate him for it but I understand.
This is the coaching staff's fault, Wanst has been said was close to his players and he didn't have a clue.
I thought that was his strength, he run him into the ground and Ricky couldn't take it anymore.
I hate what happen but I understand.

Surferosa said:
Boomer,

LeBatard is basing his comments on the personal friendship he has with Ricky, not his objective view of the situation. Imagine if thats how all media handled their stories.

Hes fortunate to break such a big story, but to continue writing these tear- jerker op-ed peices about the strength of Ricky's decision is a bit much to bear.

Surf, I personally think he's being pretty objective. We all know how he feels, but it's a difficult situation that he's in certainly (LeBatard). Because Williams is an oddball character and there is trust between the two, you don't want to rip him and then lose the trust and lose the only connection to Ricky that we have. It's a fine line between remaining a journalist and being a friend. I think he's treading that line well.

It's not the coaches fault that he did it a week before camp! That is the only problem with what he did! If he's not happy then he should quit! He should have done it after either last year or much earlier than he did!
Let's look at it this way, his leaving might actually be a good thing for this team! They rely on Ricky WAY TO MUCH! As much as I love to see him run, they haven't been to the play-offs since he has got here! The years before they made it 3 years straight because they passed the ball more and Fiedler was part of those teams so we know it can be done with a less than great QB! This move will force them to rely on the other talent on this team instead of just the RB! We have two good WR and a Good TE! With Minor being "A" piece of the offence instead the whole offence! I actually think this could help this team pull together and use every one instead of one player! JMO

We bring in Boston
we bring in Trestman
We bring in some new linemen
we bring in some new QB's

ricky starts smoking
gets caught and about to get fined
shaves his head
misses practice and noone knows what the hell is going on including wanny

these are some of the facts
Ricky screwed us pure and simple
If ricky was having a prob with running the ball 40 times, why didnt he say something? Cus Ricky is Ricky and now istead of paxil its the whacky tobacky

if ricky comes back to the nfl...we know one thing for sure. His head will be shaved to prevent drug testing he cant cheat.

ltfinfan said:
:confused:

They can take the samples from your hair instead of your piss and it's is almost impossible to hide that way! I'm not sure if you can but them again I don't know alot about hiding it! I just know they can test that way!

baracuda said:
I'm thinking at this point that we should be focusing on who is on the team now, and who is going to be going when they kick the ball off on September 12th. It ain't Ricky Williams. Let the Dolphins sue his *** for breach of contract, and move on with the game. Alter your game plan to accomodate the players you have. Who is to say that Travis Minor isn't a pro-bowl caliber RB in waiting? Who is to say we don't run 3 RB's out there and cross up opposing defenses with different personnel and styles. Keep them guessing with different plays every week.

Keep in mind that the defense hasn't lost anything, other then Ogunleye who probably will still be sucking on his passifier come opening day. But dwelling on what has happened won't do any good. Let's focus on what we have, and hope that everyone stays healthy and we get a few lucky bounces. It worked for the Patriots last year. What's to say it won't work for the Dolphins.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that maybe this is the event that shakes things up enough so that the Dolphins start playing as a team, rather then a bunch of individuals.

Look at the Marlins - TEAM.
Look at the Patriots - TEAM.
Look at the Pistons - TEAM.

Ricky Williams was a great player. But he is not a TEAM.
I want a cohesive TEAM now, not an individual player.
We didn't win with Ricky here, maybe we'll win WITHOUT him.

Let's think positive folks. Stranger things have happened.

Disclaimer - I am not discounting what Ricky did. It was a classless selfish move. I'm just trying to move on and look past this BS.

Very well thought out. And by the way, your sig is one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time.

Seth McKinney was 100% right in what he said. It doesn't matter if he is a superstar or not. Seth McKinney, like many of his teammates, has worked hard this offseason and was preparing for the season, and Ricky was definitely our most important player and he was going to help these guys this season, and now Ricky backstabbed his teammates and walked out. Ricky is the one who needs to shut up. Seth McKinney bashed him and was right in doing so and in return all Ricky did was bash his skills.

Boomer said:
I was being sarcastic.

Which part of "It's Ricky's life" don't you get?
The part where he made a promise and then broke it. I dont think anyone would blame Ricky if he played out his current contract and then went on his "search for truth". Even if he had quit immediately after last season I think most would have viewed it as OK. But waiting till his departure would do the most damage, not having the balls to explain his actions to his teammates, and taking this whining crybaby attitude is far from OK.

Seems RW is retiring so he can do marijuana untested by the NFL...

Boomer said:
Well you could do, but you'd be committing a criminal offense. Unlike retiring from a sports team.

Last I heard that was still a criminal offense in most parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
shalafi3455 said:
They can take the samples from your hair instead of your piss and it's is almost impossible to hide that way! I'm not sure if you can but them again I don't know alot about hiding it! I just know they can test that way!

oh ok thanks. never heard that

Back
Top Bottom