Ricky fights back against Seth McKinney and has more to say! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky fights back against Seth McKinney and has more to say!

Pope Shula XIV said:
we'll see. the fact that wannstedt is still coaching this team is "nonsense".
:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Atila said:
excatly^

some people tend to forget that sports is for leisure and fun and as a form of getaway from real life...he can do anything he wants with his sports career

most people use sports as an excuse to not have a real life. there are a lot of things that are more important, but good luck convincing anyone. we're a nation of people who are slowly becoming convinced that our diversions are reality itself.

Boomer said:
Champ....what's the problem? Analyse is the ENGLISH spelling. If you bother checking, I am from England and you speak ENGLISH.

The fact you don't know what castigate means is neither here nor there.

maybe one of the venture capitalists upset about the jersey market can chip in and buy champ one of those ENGLISH/AMERICAN dictionaries.

Seth was right, Ricky is a selfish bastard with no responsibilities. I do believe Travis Deserves his shot, and its now obvious Ricky thought the same thing (hence the timing). Maybe this will turnout for the better. Either way, Ricky is still a douchebag.

Atila said:
excatly^

some people tend to forget that sports is for leisure and fun and as a form of getaway from real life...he can do anything he wants with his sports career

This has got to be the worst comment ever. The NFL is not a PROFESSIONAL sport???????????? Get outta here...........

Seth needs to stop running his mouth and play football. If people like JT don't judge Ricky then he should shut his yapp. what has he done? whatever you say about ricky now, you have to admit that he played HARD until the whisle blew.

go_fins said:
Seth needs to stop running his mouth and play football. If people like JT don't judge Ricky then he should shut his yapp. what has he done? whatever you say about ricky now, you have to admit that he played HARD when until the whisle blew.

Who said he's running his mouth? He was confronted by Sporting News Radio......... it's not like he's out parading against Ricky........

Seth also said he liked the guy personally and that Ricky was one of the nicest people you could ever meet. He clearly said he wasn't calling Ricky a selfich person, rather that this was a selfish act. Something tells me, that this probably wasn't relayed to Williams.

Perhaps Dan LeBatard, or someone else, said hey Ricky, you here that McKinney called you selfish and wants and explanation? Of course Ricky would be confrontational. I would be too probably without knowing everything.

However, since we can only talk about what we know, I say this. Ricky seems to have flipped his lid. A person who openly admits to no longer taking their medication for a serious illness, yet is free to do whatever they please leads to behavior like this. He shouldn't have left his meds until a liscensed doctor said he could. Many disturbed individuals start taking medicine, feel better and figure they are cured and no longer need the medicine, so they stop taking it. I guess they don't realize that the reason they feel better is DUE TO THE MEDICINES AND TREATMENTS! When they go off the meds, it leads to crazy behavior like this.

I hope Minor runs for more yards than Ricky ever will. I really hope Miami gets the last laugh here to the point where Ricky sees Miami's success and wants to come back, only to be rejected. That would be poetic justice.

Samphin said:
I hope Minor runs for more yards than Ricky ever will. I really hope Miami gets the last laugh here to the point where Ricky sees Miami's success and wants to come back, only to be rejected. That would be poetic justice.
Lets hope he does! :D

Boomer said:
I think McKinney should shut his yap. What the hell has he done for this team?? Nothing. If Seau or JT or Zach had said this then fine, but it was a guy who couldn't beat out one of the worst centers in the game. He should shut his mouth. I'm GLAD Ricky said what he said.

As for Dan LeBatard.....why is he LeRetard? He's doing a job. God, for once someone is showing some journalistic integrity and the guy is getting panned for it. Ricky doesn't want to talk to anyone but LeBatard. LeBatard's job is to report and analyse. That's what he's doing. Who are we to judge on Ricky's life? We make decisions every day in our working lives that annoy other people. We don't get castigated for it. Neither should Ricky.

Yeah he's selfish, yeah he's let us down, but yeah it's also his life.
I think we are pretty quick to forget that.
You're right, it is his life; he can do what he wants with it. Do I agree? No. Does Seth agree? Probably not. Do any of his teammates agree? Who knows but they are a team and they are supposed to be a unit all uniting to make a good football team. Seth can say whatever he wants because thats his teammate and they are suppposed to go out there on sundays and play with all their will and might. They trust eachother and I think Seth got hurt by what Ricky did and he's got every right to be upset. Him being a starter, probowler, or 3rd stringer has absolutely nothing to do with him being able show how he feels about the situation.

Waaa, who are all you high and mighty people that say go get a dictionary and blah, blah, blah? So you feel superior? Sorry if I dont concur. Self-righteous indignants need to get off their high horse, nobody is worshiping you, get over it.

Wow a teamate disagreed w/ Ricky's decision or the timing of it, but because he isnt all-world he doesn't have a right to speak? Oh, ok. If Ricky can let his teammates down after calling them out in meetings (Ricky takes a more vocal leadership role, article this offseason somewhere cant remember where) then Seth can speak his mind. I am sure some players are cool with it some are confused and some are pizzed. If you have a relationship personally w/ someone, it makes it easier to forgive and some have the belief that they dont look back only forward. Whatever, each are individuals and can react and say what they want, just as Ricky is free to do what he wants.

Oh and noone here is saying Ricky wasnt allowed to retire, they are saying, as well as me, it is irresponsible to wait until it is to late for alternative plans can be made. No matter what they do, short of getting Edge will most likely not be as effective had they been able to do something in April. If he had been contemplating it for months, share your thoughts with the team and allow them to put a "Plan B" together.

Its just sour grapes .Seth talked from his heart.Ricky is just trying to justify his actions.It doesnt mean much.If Ricky apologized to everyone I am sure they will forgive him.Its a family situation.

Doesnt mean I want him back but on a personal level maybe his teammates would forgive him.

I'm pissed at Ricky but I'm more pissed at Wanny. The Guy can't coach. Wanny making millions for a game plan that consists of giving Ricky the ball 30-40 times a game. We all saw the pounding Ricky took. What Wanny did wasn't humane and didn't make any football sense either.

rickeyrunsover said:
Waaa, who are all you high and mighty people that say go get a dictionary and blah, blah, blah? So you feel superior? Sorry if I dont concur. Self-righteous indignants need to get off their high horse, nobody is worshiping you, get over it.

Wow a teamate disagreed w/ Ricky's decision or the timing of it, but because he isnt all-world he doesn't have a right to speak? Oh, ok. If Ricky can let his teammates down after calling them out in meetings (Ricky takes a more vocal leadership role, article this offseason somewhere cant remember where) then Seth can speak his mind. I am sure some players are cool with it some are confused and some are pizzed. If you have a relationship personally w/ someone, it makes it easier to forgive and some have the belief that they dont look back only forward. Whatever, each are individuals and can react and say what they want, just as Ricky is free to do what he wants.

Oh and noone here is saying Ricky wasnt allowed to retire, they are saying, as well as me, it is irresponsible to wait until it is to late for alternative plans can be made. No matter what they do, short of getting Edge will most likely not be as effective had they been able to do something in April. If he had been contemplating it for months, share your thoughts with the team and allow them to put a "Plan B" together.
AMEN....the timing of it...and all this BS coming out of Le Betard stinks...think thats what most people I think can agree on!

Back
Top Bottom