Ricky on 1st Team, Ronnie Brown 2nd Team...But Showing Better Hands | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky on 1st Team, Ronnie Brown 2nd Team...But Showing Better Hands

wonderl33t said:
Word around draft time was that Ronnie had the best hands of anyone in the draft including all WRs... so I'm not surprised by this
i was just going to say that... many said he had the best hands in the draft, i know jon gruden said so as well (not that THAT means anything)... but still a bold statement to make

I like this...Saban is probably thinking..'Let's cut through the bullcrap, we only have 3 more weeks of preseason so let's get our 2 best RB's going...."

nick1 said:
I told everybody that Brown has better hands then Ricky
Everyone knows that, Jon Gruden went as far as to say Ronnie had the best hands in the combine. Wide receivers included.
If you guys recall the 1999 draft, Edgerrin James was taken by Indianapolis ahead of Ricky because they felt he could catch better out of the backfield. Not to say Ricky can't catch, but it's not his forté.

Noodle Arm said:
This shouldn't be surprising to anybody. Brown's known to have excellent hands...Ricky is not.(although he's much improved from his NO days)

Yes. This was not news. Not criticizing anyone for posting it. Just agreeing that he was already known for hands. His college coach was telling reporters he could play WR in the NFL. Maybe that was euphoria, or exaggeration, or maybe not, but it attests to Ronnie's hands.

nick1 said:
I told everybody that Brown has better hands then Ricky

I thought that was the purpose of WRs? i always that you wanted a RB to run the ball? in which case Ricky is more better at that than Ronnie.

SCall13 said:
Ricky has averaged about 50 receptions per year. Not bad for a guy with questionable hands. I know Ronnie has better hands than Ricky, but let's not get carried away about it. Some people make Ronnie sound like Randy Moss. I hate to say it, but Ricky is still a better all around RB than Brown. Brown has a lot to learn. He doesn't have the instincts, quickness, and creativity Williams has. He may develop it. But Ricky was just born with it. Good luck to both of them against Pittsburg. We'll have a great tandem after our 4th game.
How do you know that (the bold part)? Have you seen Ronnie play in an NFL game yet? I'd hold off on such comments until you see the man play in a real situation.

This is kind of off this topic but can anyone tell me if Ronnie Brown was a kick returner at Auburn?

I watched 3 Auburn games last season and I'm sure I saw him returning, and skillfully at that.

TarHeelFinFan said:
How do you know that (the bold part)? Have you seen Ronnie play in an NFL game yet? I'd hold off on such comments until you see the man play in a real situation.

It isn't that difficult to know because VERY FEW backs are blessed with the abilities Williams possesses. I'll take it a step further. IF RONNIE is AS GOOD as Williams, then he wouldn't have been sharing snaps with Carnell at Auburn. OR if you were to put RW on that Auburn team with Ronnie and Carnell, then neither one of them would have seen the field very much. THAT IS FACT.

And here is my opinion: Ronnie Brown will probably struggle somewhat behind our line for several reasons:1) He has to adjust to the speed of the NFL in REAL LIVE GAME ACTION. 2) He is a PURE straight ahead power runner. In the NFL, with a questionable line, that will not equate into an impressive YPC. (See Eddie George - though not nearly as immobile as George) Ricky will be great for Ronnie and Ronnie will gain alot of knowledge from Ricky. But (and here is the big one) when Ricky gets back from his suspension, look for him to, within two or three games, take over most of the Tail Back work.

godfater21 said:
I thought that was the purpose of WRs? i always that you wanted a RB to run the ball? in which case Ricky is more better at that than Ronnie.

No. You want a RB that can do more than just run the ball.

outlawd2u said:
I don't think any of us can say for sure that Ricky Williams is a better RB than R. Brown. From all the highlight clips I've watched of Brown, he has a lot better vision, and more moves then he seems to be getting credit for. Also RIGHT NOW Brown is Bigger, Faster, and as it's been well documented is a better WR, and from everything I read or hear he is an Excellent Blocker. Ricky does have some major skills at RB, but to say he's better than R. Brown before you even see Brown play a game in the NFL is a bit premature.

the same can be said of brown. Brown is all hype until he plays a real NFL game not including pre season. Ricky has proved himself unlike Brown...

SCall13 said:
It isn't that difficult to know because VERY FEW backs are blessed with the abilities Williams possesses. I'll take it a step further. IF RONNIE is AS GOOD as Williams, then he wouldn't have been sharing snaps with Carnell at Auburn. OR if you were to put RW on that Auburn team with Ronnie and Carnell, then neither one of them would have seen the field very much. THAT IS FACT.

And here is my opinion: Ronnie Brown will probably struggle somewhat behind our line for several reasons:1) He has to adjust to the speed of the NFL in REAL LIVE GAME ACTION. 2) He is a PURE straight ahead power runner. In the NFL, with a questionable line, that will not equate into an impressive YPC. (See Eddie George - though not nearly as immobile as George) Ricky will be great for Ronnie and Ronnie will gain alot of knowledge from Ricky. But (and here is the big one) when Ricky gets back from his suspension, look for him to, within two or three games, take over most of the Tail Back work.

Ricky = WORKHORSE....

godfater21 said:
more better?

SCall13 said:
No, that's an opinion on an impossible hypothetical due to the difference in their ages (which does matter at the RB position).

Back
Top Bottom