Ricky on 1st Team, Ronnie Brown 2nd Team...But Showing Better Hands | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky on 1st Team, Ronnie Brown 2nd Team...But Showing Better Hands

AquaAssasin said:
the same can be said of brown. Brown is all hype until he plays a real NFL game not including pre season. Ricky has proved himself unlike Brown...
Ricky has proven that he can average barely 3 yards per carry (his most recent season with the Dolphins) and abandon his team at the drop of a hat. Before anybody declares either back better than the other, let's see what they can do on THIS team THIS season.

TarHeelFinFan said:
Ricky has proven that he can average barely 3 yards per carry (his most recent season with the Dolphins) and abandon his team at the drop of a hat. Before anybody declares either back better than the other, let's see what they can do on THIS team THIS season.
Ricky has also proven he can rush for 1800 yards, become the league rushing title winner, go to the probowl and be a probowl MVP.

frankly, i'll take that even with his abandonment over an unproven back who hasn't even played a single down.

byroan said:
No. You want a RB that can do more than just run the ball.

True but, the main purpose of a RB is to Run the ball recieving ability is just an added bonus or for 3rd down backs.

texasPHINSfan said:
more better?

Ah yes, the typical person who has nothing constructive to add so he just feels the need to point out grammatical or spelling errors. Good one. You know texasPHINSfan you should check with the mods maybe you could become the official spell check of the site.

texasPHINSfan said:
Ricky has also proven he can rush for 1800 yards, become the league rushing title winner, go to the probowl and be a probowl MVP.

frankly, i'll take that even with his abandonment over an unproven back who hasn't even played a single down.
I would say I'd take that too, but Ricky's most recent season wasn't that one, and Ricky's been out of football for a year. I'm waiting on making a judgment until I see them both play in real games THIS year. That said, on opening day Ronnie is the starter (and for three more games after that at a minimum). Let's just be thankful that we have them both as of game 5, so that improves the odds of striking gold significantly.

And its also very likely he made the smartest decision of his football life, despite what us fans think.

TarHeelFinFan said:

Ricky has proved himself and we are not talking about quitting. The fact of the matter is that he is on the team and has already proved that he is one of the top Rb's in the league. as for your 3 yrd case it has no merit because the line was horrendous and the other rb's couldnt mount any kind of attack.

See last season for further.

Ronnie has to prove himself. At least with ricky you know exactly what hes got.....

Shall I go on?

texasPHINSfan said:

thnk you....:)

Hell, judging by the way you guys were arguing, I was expecting to come in here and see Jets and Dolphins fans arguing about whether Jason Taylor or John Abraham was the better defensive end. Their both Dolphins so let's just be happy with that.

SCall13 said:
Ricky has averaged about 50 receptions per year. Not bad for a guy with questionable hands. I know Ronnie has better hands than Ricky, but let's not get carried away about it. Some people make Ronnie sound like Randy Moss. I hate to say it, but Ricky is still a better all around RB than Brown. Brown has a lot to learn. He doesn't have the instincts, quickness, and creativity Williams has. He may develop it. But Ricky was just born with it. Good luck to both of them against Pittsburg. We'll have a great tandem after our 4th game.

Thank you! :)

Mikefan22.

finsfan4life said:
Hell, judging by the way you guys were arguing, I was expecting to come in here and see Jets and Dolphins fans arguing about whether Jason Taylor or John Abraham was the better defensive end. Their both Dolphins so let's just be happy with that.

:)

TarHeelFinFan said:
Comparing Ronnie with Ricky, makes no sense, nobobody knows what Ronnie can do, how good Ronnie will be, but we all know how good Ricky is. The hype on Ronnie is good, we all want him to be the best, but he still only a good prospect for now.

outlawd2u said:
I don't think any of us can say for sure that Ricky Williams is a better RB than R. Brown. From all the highlight clips I've watched of Brown, he has a lot better vision, and more moves then he seems to be getting credit for. Also RIGHT NOW Brown is Bigger, Faster, and as it's been well documented is a better WR, and from everything I read or hear he is an Excellent Blocker. Ricky does have some major skills at RB, but to say he's better than R. Brown before you even see Brown play a game in the NFL is a bit premature.

actually, i think your logic is backwards. its not premature to say Ricky is better than Ronnie. Ricky is a Vet in the leauge and has PROVEN he is a stud in the NFL. Ronnie on the other hand has yet to play a single down in the NFL.
Ricky will ALWAYS be better than Ronnie until Ronnie proves otherwise.

dont get me wrong i want ronnie to be every bit the back Ricky is and better. but right now i would say ronnie has ALOT to prove b4 u could even compare HIM to Ricky. not the other way around. JMHO

DolphinPhan said:
I think you just gotta give the edge to RW becasue he's the vet. He's proven his skills already. I doubt RB has the NFL vision that RW does. Not that he can't or won't, he just doesn't have it yet. I also doubt that RB has better moves than RW.

I agree...I believe that Ricky is the better back than Ronnie at this time just based off of experience, Ronnie hasn't played a down in the NFL, practise and game day are different.

Back
Top Bottom