Ricky Williams violates NFL drug policy | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams violates NFL drug policy

BillsCAfan said:
And TD is on crack why? For getting Losman?

How's Feely doing btw??

And FYI, 2nd violation is a 1 year suspension. You guys better pray that is not the case, cuz without Ricky you can call your season goodbye now.

May I suggest De-Caf?

And you should really read the article before making those pronouncements.

This violation is a fine equalling paychecks from 4 games, not a 1 year suspension. :rolleyes: It would be nice if you actually clicked and read the link provided before making stuff up.

BillsCAfan said:
And TD is on crack why? For getting Losman?

How's Feely doing btw??

And FYI, 2nd violation is a 1 year suspension. You guys better pray that is not the case, cuz without Ricky you can call your season goodbye now.

Uh, how about no? You think the article would mention it?

But how would that be? Ricky violates the drug policy and he's suspended for a year, Travis Henry spends time on the NY State sex offenders list and doesnt miss any time.

Low positive score nothing to get riled over, probably some kind of painkiller like someone said and does anyone have n e news on his shoulder

This is disturbing news if it is accurate :confused: . If the article is accurate about the punishment, then the major effect to the team of a 4 game suspension is not mentioned, so then the worry to the team is not so bad.
It is interesting that the test took place between the hideous game in the New England snow and that lame Monday Night effort. Also it was likely that was using painkillers by that time in the season, which could have caused the border-line positive reading.

Been a long time reader on these message boards, but once I saw this happen to ricky I had to post about about it. It's a shame this happened to him cause Im sure it was just pain killers or something. And even if he was smoking, to think the guy is gonna get fined 650,000 dollars just after passing up on 750,000 to shave his dreads for gilette and he sold two of his cars to help some of the kids in australia is just really unfortunate, and Hopefully it doesn't give him a reputation around the league.

"Ricky is pretty confident he's going to beat this thing," one source
said. "When he took the test, for example, he was dehydrated after
exercising. Dehydration sometimes causes people who would be negative to
test positive."

:eek: This doesn't make any sense to me. So he tested positive for dehydration? :roflmao:

Get high on life Ricky. You don't need drugs! Don't ever forget that you are a role model for the youngsters. Cut the grass!! :yell:

A&O said:
"Ricky is pretty confident he's going to beat this thing," one source
said. "When he took the test, for example, he was dehydrated after
exercising. Dehydration sometimes causes people who would be negative to
test positive."

:eek: This doesn't make any sense to me. So he tested positive for dehydration? :roflmao:

Get high on life Ricky. You don't need drugs! Don't ever forget that you are a role model for the youngsters. Cut the grass!! :yell:

There are quite a bit of things that will cause false-positives. Some painkillers and anti-anxiety medications will. Dehydration only compounds the likihood of a positive test.

Well I think he has a good excuse. He can just say "At the time our offensive line was horrible, and I was pounded to the turf on a regular basis. I smoked marijuana to ease the pain.Our o-line is better this year, so it won't happen again..I'm sorry." Then he starts the waterworks. :cry: I think the NFL will understand. :)

LIQUID24 said:
How long before Justa posts this at Billszone??

It is over there, although I don't think Justa is the one that posted it, and that is actually where I read it first, misreading what the guy quoted.

Here's the full deal, according to the NFL CBA..

Your first positive gets you put into a rehabilitation program.

A positive under the program results in a fine equal to 4 games pay. Ricky is appealing this step.

A 2nd positive in the program results in a 4 game suspension.

A 3rd positive in the program results in a 1 season suspension.

A 4th positive results in an indefinate suspension, to be decided by the Commisioner and a medical staff. The last guy who got this far was Josh Evans, who missed half the season.

Back
Top Bottom