Ricky Williams violates NFL drug policy | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams violates NFL drug policy

This is nothing compared to the press UM was recieving for recruiting Willie Williams. Press not rightfully deserved, but still. I doubt this affects anything other than a few days of sorting this out by the Dolphins organization. Now if we read something like, Boston tests positive, then we can start worrying.

caneproud117 said:
This is nothing compared to the press UM was recieving for recruiting Willie Williams.

Wait a day. :(

Honestly, most people don't even know who Willie Williams is. But EVERYONE knows who Ricky Williams is.

I'm not condoning a pro athlete smoking pot, but the media (in buffalo, ny, and boston) is going to take shots at Williams. He made a mistake....but...............................................it looks like he smoked some pot. If we all considered every person we know who smokes pot to be a bad person, all of us would lose some friends. In a nutshell, dumb decision, still a good guy.

and to add to that, Willie Williams has been arrested several times for far more severe reasons and I don't think there is any comparison. Willie Williams should be criticized and UM deserves more flack for recruiting him that the Dolphin's deserve for Ricky. And this isn't about Willie Williams getting a second chance. He's been given a second, third, and tenth chance.

This is disturbing news. I picture RW like many pictured Kobe before his incident. A guy who was a clean hard working player who did not break the law or do anything illegal. I am with Muck, I hope this is not true or I will be extremely dissapointed. :(

Well, it seems likt it must be true cos is not the first time. Is actually the 2nd time since he's been with us. Unless I read it wrong. It is a big deal cos the next time he'll get suspended and we'll miss him. I hope he can stop as I don't know why he'd need that anyway with some many good things that he's got going for him. Is not the end of the world but I am worry cos like I said, the next time he'll miss 4 games.

Ozzy rules!!

Heres another story that talks more about the fine and possible suspention scenario, its at fox, heres the link all ... http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2401412
clear.gif

Is the 2004 Dolphin season about to go up in smoke? :confused:

For the record, I think we need to place the blame for this situation right where it belongs...

... At the feet of Jay Fiedler! :mad: Clearly, If Ricky has indeed turned to drugs, it was to dull the physical and mental pain of having Jay as the starting QB! Of all the wrongs he has committed against the Dolphin faithful (the inaccurate passes, the INTs, his fourth quarter QB rating, the weak arm, the injuries he always suffers, etc) this is the most grievous! :yell:

When will you "Fiedler huggers" see the light? Jay must go, the sooner the better. He has put Ricky "one hit" away from being out of the game!!! :cry:

;)

Ok ladies, I want everyone to read ALL of the article. See the part where it says he scored a 15, which is the lowest score for a positive? Then read it just below that were it says a second test was given and he scored only 14 was TAKEN THE SAME DAY. Sorry guys, but if you have pot in your system you won't drop a point in less then 12 hours. It won't happen. Needless to say, Ricky won't miss any games or any cash. This will be considered an unfortunate incident.

Its good to know Ricky did finally find the true cure to his introverted and shy nature. The only bad thing is that he wasnt clever enough to cover it up. He seems like an intellegent guy and you would think he would flush the stuff out of his system before any test.

Muck said:
Would certainly be disappointing if this is indeed true. :(

I consider Ricky a role model. I see him as refreshingly "different". I hope this isn't true.

People considered Lyle Alzado a role model as well and he took mega doses of steroids through his career. He spent his off time helping children with Lukemia and Anemia, such diseases. Now a days athletes are forced to do this for community work and they donate to aid their tax money.

Back
Top Bottom