Ricky Williams violates NFL drug policy | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams violates NFL drug policy

you guys speak of this like its the end of the season for us. RW will get off. he had very low test scores. think positive guys. we just have too much time on our hand. wish the season would start again. oh wait, that will mean back to school for me. hehhe. sorry to be selfish but let me enjoy my summer break first. :D

kinda hard not to believe this :shakeno: good thing he was not smoking w/D Boston or we w/have 2 problems. Seriously, how can you not in the back of your mind expect this from a guy who acts like Ricky and look(ed)s like a Bob Marley disciple (named his daughter Marley). Bob was smoking a spliff in loads of his videos. I am not saying that if you dreads, you smoke pot, but Ricky sure acts like someone who smoked some good stuff sometimes. I hope he can just wait another 10 years to move to Jah and start a record label before smoking his next spliff.

some more links about this...
The media will swarm Williams when the Dolphins begin their quarterbacks' camp on Tuesday. Hopefully he will address the allegations in further detail at that time. It would also be nice to get some reaction from the league on the reports. Williams does not face a suspension unless he is busted a third time, but if he is this close to the line it certainly doesn't help his already-fading fantasy value.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-dolphinswilliamsrepo&prov=fanball&type=lgns

The source said the failed test in December was the second for Williams since joining the Dolphins in March 2002. That would mean Williams is in phase two of the league's "intervention phase," and the second failed test would cost him $878,823, according to recent NFL Players Association salary information.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ay15,0,1060480.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Because of the low score, the source told The Herald, Williams and Ostrow are confident Williams could escape the fine and a second violation of the league's policy. Ostrow filed the final paperwork on the appeal Thursday, and Williams is expected to hear a decision within a week.

The appeal will be decided by an independent arbitrator, the source said. If he gets a favorable ruling, Williams would be out of the NFL drug-testing program because he would be considered clean for two years
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/8672875.htm

dolphan39 said:
kinda hard not to believe this :shakeno: good thing he was not smoking w/D Boston or we w/have 2 problems. Seriously, how can you not in the back of your mind expect this from a guy who acts like Ricky and look(ed)s like a Bob Marley disciple (named his daughter Marley). Bob was smoking a spliff in loads of his videos. I am not saying that if you dreads, you smoke pot, but Ricky sure acts like someone who smoked some good stuff sometimes. I hope he can just wait another 10 years to move to Jah and start a record label before smoking his next spliff.

Your post really disturbs me.

I'll start off by saying that I'm sure you don't realize how disrespectful your post sounds, although I understand what you're saying. I respect your opinion, however...

You're not saying that if you have dreads, you smoke pot, but in the same post, you make reference to Bob Marley and him smoking a spliff, etc...make up your mind.

Ricky had dreads...Bob Marley had dreads. Of course...how could you not think that in the back of your mind? Jah? Are you kidding me? What does Jah have to do with anything? These days, dreadlocks are a style that usually has nothing to do with being a rastafarian.

I'm not a rastafarian, but as a Jamaican, I understand the culture. I'm so tired of hearing the streotypes. You make yourself sound ignorant by mentioning Bob Marley, comparing him to Ricky Williams, and the fact that he named his daughter Marley proves what exactly? Maybe we should check out Brian Grant and Edgerrin James while you're at it. I guess they "look" like they smoked some good stuff too by your assesment.

I hope he can just wait another 10 years to move to Jah and start a record label before smoking his next spliff.
That's the condescending attitude I was referring to earlier in this thread.

Dolfan954 said:
Your post really disturbs me.

I'll start off by saying that I'm sure you don't realize how disrespectful your post sounds, although I understand what you're saying. I respect your opinion, however...

You're not saying that if you have dreads, you smoke pot, but in the same post, you make reference to Bob Marley and him smoking a spliff, etc...make up your mind.

Ricky had dreads...Bob Marley had dreads. Of course...how could you not think that in the back of your mind? Jah? Are you kidding me? What does Jah have to do with anything? These days, dreadlocks are a style that usually has nothing to do with being a rastafarian.

I'm not a rastafarian, but as a Jamaican, I understand the culture. I'm so tired of hearing the streotypes. You make yourself sound ignorant by mentioning Bob Marley, comparing him to Ricky Williams, and the fact that he named his daughter Marley proves what exactly? Maybe we should check out Brian Grant and Edgerrin James while you're at it. I guess they "look" like they smoked some good stuff too by your assesment.

That's the condescending attitude I was referring to earlier in this thread.

what are the chances of a drug test being wrong I know there has to be a margin of error?

dolphan39 said:

What is really hard to believe is that you actually posted this....you have always been one of the most level headed posters on here and a real asset to this site......you have to have been either drunk when you posted this or somebody is using your user name. :shakeno:

Section126 said:
What is really hard to believe is that you actually posted this....you have always been one of the most level headed posters on here and a real asset to this site......you have to have been either drunk when you posted this or somebody is using your user name. :shakeno:
I agree. 39 is an asset to this message board. I always read his posts, which is saying a lot since I usually only read posts from members I think highly of.

Thanks 126...it's hard to believe stuff like this is tolerated, and other things...nevermind...it's a disgrace.

Imagine the uproar that would be caused if someone made a comment like that about another religion...

Dolfan954 said:
I'm aware of that. That wasn't my point.

I know I was just saying that I beleive he is innocent because

1. it is not in his character
2. ther is a margin of error on these tests and he took two tests on the same day and had two different results

nick19991 said:
I know I was just saying that I beleive he is innocent because

1. it is not in his character
2. ther is a margin of error on these tests and he took two tests on the same day and had two different results
Oh okay. I wasn't sure what you meant at first. Thanks for clearing it up. :)

Thundercracker said:
LOL. hair profiling. I would call it a good observation on my part. :goof: :D
Anyone who has respect for others would call it an ignorant observation.

Back
Top Bottom