Robertson, Vilma two big reasons why Jets’ switch to 3-4 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Robertson, Vilma two big reasons why Jets’ switch to 3-4

The Jets showed they are not intrested in winning short-term. They are rebuilding the team from the ground up. Thats never a bad thing when your franchise is in dire need of a shake up. However, my opinion going into the draft was that the Jets would atleast acquire 1 playmaker early. They went with 2 Offensive Linemen(I know I know one is a C) and even had the chance to draft Chad Jackson or Winston Justice with the pick they traded away. Hindsight is 20/20 but I was alot more worried about the Jets in the near-future before the draft then I was afterwards.

Dont take me the wrong way though, I do not think it was by any means a "Bad Draft", or a "Buffalo Bills draft" as we call it. I think focusing on the O-Line was a good move, but using those early,valuable picks on the line could end up making Mangini or breaking him. Only time will tell, and if the Jets land themselves some more early picks next year again, I think it will be intresting to see where Mangini takes it from there.

not really...Eric Mangini is the reason they are switching...no matter WHO is on thier defence....a diciple of Bill is going there thus they will change to the 3-4. dont give so much credit to Vilma..please dont

Ace88 said:
I doubt that the Jets will start a rookie over Pennington and Ramsey. I think that he is likely your QB for the future and may be the starter in the next couple of years.

How was Law a cancer? I haven't heard anywhere that he was a cancer to the Jets. He might of been angry or something like that with the teammates or coaches, but could you blame him?

Law was a primadonna in the locker room. He was out of shape, didn't do things he didn't want to and was basically just bad for the team.

While he got 10 picks last season (3 in a game no one needed a pick) he also gave up a lot of yards in penalties.

BZ

PhinSoldia said:
not really...Eric Mangini is the reason they are switching...no matter WHO is on thier defence....a diciple of Bill is going there thus they will change to the 3-4. dont give so much credit to Vilma..please dont

Can I give him credit for going to the pro bowl?

Or leading the NFL in tackles last year?

Or being the defensive rookie of the year?

Or making that pick from the Dolphins and running it in for TD?

:)

BZ

BwanaZulia said:
Can I give him credit for going to the pro bowl?

Or leading the NFL in tackles last year?

Or being the defensive rookie of the year?

Or making that pick from the Dolphins and running it in for TD?

:)

BZ

haha buddy ty law never had a pick returned for a td last year against the dolphins.....i believe you are getting confused with the game after that when the jets played the pats on monday night and ty law picked one off brady for a TD

miaD5499 said:
haha buddy ty law never had a pick returned for a td last year against the dolphins.....i believe you are getting confused with the game after that when the jets played the pats on monday night and ty law picked one off brady for a TD

pssstttt...hes talking about Vilma:D

Eric Mangini’s a very smart man. He really should leave the Jet "D" alone. When they are healthy, the Jets D was pretty good.

miaD5499 said:

he was talking about Vilma but Vilma also did not have a TD return against miami either though Vilma's Jets are 3-1 against Miami.

I think the media are forgetting how many injurys the jets had when they predict another 4-12 i really see them being a 7-9 team with a shot at 8-8 it all depends on the qb situation though

I see the Jets maxing out at 7-9. To me, their a 5-7 win team...

Implementing a new defense, it won't be a base 3-4, their will be some 4-3 and all...But new coach, aging RB, big question(s) at QB, though I hope for the best for Chad, it's hard not to look at his injuries...

I think 2009 the Jets are a playoff team...

miaD5499 said:

Actually, I was talking about Vilma.

I think the pick was two years ago, in Miami.

BZ

the jets lost a good coach in herm edwards, i say they wont be back in the playoffs for years to come

J dog said:
the jets lost a good coach in herm edwards, i say they wont be back in the playoffs for years to come
herm was not a good coach. He was good with the "rah rah" bullsh*t but when it came down to game time he was not very good at all. One case in point is the playoff game against Pittsburgh in 05.

Back
Top Bottom