Ross donates $200 million to University of Michigan | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross donates $200 million to University of Michigan

Ridiculous: Mark Cuban tried to buy both the Cubs and Dodgers, lives in Dallas and grew up in Pittburgh as a Pirates fan. Shrewdly trying to buy into a license to print money when available (and The Garbageman wasn't selling his vanity team until he became scared of the financial/tax repercussions if Obama, who politically came out of nowhere got elected) was/is the mark of a successful profit-driven businessman. And that's called "Capitalism"

Now I know we have fans on here who root for the Fins although growing up elsewhere having no connection to South Florida ..BUT the majority of the rooting population roots for the team where they grew up and reside or moved away from after their formative years (also many of our out-of-town FH members). Ross graduated from N Miami Beach High School, 10 miles away from The Orange Bowl, pays taxes on an 11 thousand square foot estate in Palm Beach.....so give me a ****ing break with this mindless agenda-driven speculation that he's not a Fins Fan.

Stop the madness with these negative-agendized, unfounded, specious, assumptive talking points, please

As someone that saw first hand a donation of money to our business school at my alma mater, I must say this is a good investment. We need more investments in education like this. After our donation from a wealthy business man(that had no ties to my school), our business school had a state of the art building, computer labs, and classrooms. It made the learning experience, and access to such tools necessary for success that much easier. Good for him. If the city of Miami can fund a stupid baseball stadium for a terrible team, then they can help fund a stadium for this terrible team.

Hilarious that people are saying Ross isnt even a fan of his own team.

And if his bid to buy the Jets had been successful there would be a Jets version of Vaark on a Jets message board right now talking about how ridiculous it is to think that Steve Ross is not a diehard Jets fan committed to doing everything he can to benefit the Jets franchise and the city that houses it.

One question I do ask the people in Miami, if there was a new stadium that was a dome, with A/C, would more people show up? Is it a matter of the heat? Cardinals since they moved from Sun Devil Stadium have drawn very well for their football games.

he also said another thing i agree with...Ross is worth 4 billion+, Jerry jones is worth 2 billion+ and jerry built his stadium 90% by himself...If ross was for real about loving the fins and not just trying to make a buck he could have improved the stadium himself, or built us a new one himself like jerry did...Ross does not love the fins the way jerry loves the cowboys...ross bought the fins so he could join the owner billionaire club and stroke his ego and that is it...

Jerry Jones did not build the stadium himself. He had $325 million in public funding raised by municipal bonds, plus the sales tax rate in Arlington was raised by .5%, the hotel tax was raised by 2%, AND he received a $150 million dollar loan from the NFL. Wow, sounds like Ross was following the precedent set by the man you say built his stadium out of love for his team.

And if his bid to buy the Jets had been successful there would be a Jets version of Vaark on a Jets message board right now talking about how ridiculous it is to think that Steve Ross is not a diehard Jets fan committed to doing everything he can to benefit the Jets franchise and the city that houses it.

come back and see me when you determine that Ross lived and graduated from high school within 10 miles of Shea Stadium in Queens... or actually attended NYU (not U of FL) before Michigan. Otherwise, if it makes you feel good thinking that one of the more successful businessmen in the nation made an offer for the jest because he was a closet fan instead of a shrewd businessman, have fun with that specious reach of a talking point as it reflects more on your obvious biased agenda than on reality..

One question I do ask the people in Miami, if there was a new stadium that was a dome, with A/C, would more people show up? Is it a matter of the heat? Cardinals since they moved from Sun Devil Stadium have drawn very well for their football games.

I can't answer this for certain but I know the heat is definitely a factor for fans. Back when the Dolphins were good and they played 1pm games it used to work in the team's favor in September and October, and so I think fans put up with it. Now the Dolphins are not good and Ross has asked the schedule makers to avoid 1pm home games in September and October, and so fans are probably just annoyed by it because they know the team isn't really benefiting anymore.

come back and see me when you determine that Ross lived and graduated from high school within 10 miles of Shea Stadium in Queens... or actually attended NYU (not U of FL) before Michigan. Otherwise, if it makes you feel good thinking that one of the more successful businessmen in the nation made an offer for the jest because he was a closet fan instead of a shrewd businessman, have fun with that specious reach of a talking point as it reflects more on your obvious biased agenda than on reality..

LOL. Give me a break. This is an extraordinary spin job. So when the man tried to buy the Jets that was just a cold, calculated investment idea. And when the man bought the Dolphins, THAT was because that was where his heart was.

Suuuuuuuuuuuure. No aqua-colored glasses going on there! LOL.

Bottom line is BOTH were cold, calculated investment ideas.

LOL. Give me a break. This is an extraordinary spin job. So when the man tried to buy the Jets that was just a cold, calculated investment idea. And when the man bought the Dolphins, THAT was because that was where his heart was.

If you don't think that Ross as a local high school grad and Palm Beach landed gentry wouldn't have bought the Fins instead of the jets if both were simultaneous available, then I don't know what to tell you. But if he bought the jets as an opportunistic business opportunity, why wouldn't he root for the team he owns whatever it is. I'm sure Bud Adams and Ralph Wilson from their respective Houston and Detroit area homes root for the Titans and Bills...

You'd be well-served yourself to remove those Ross-H8'n agendized glasses :up:

Oh and good recent article on the much justifiably maligned BR, but as a word to the wise Parrotdome, you'll build more traction as a credible writer if you keep your subjective assumptive agendas out of the articles - unless you want to be another Omar :idk:

2prv09z-1.jpg

This. I wish I could thank this post a thousand times.

This. I wish I could thank this post a thousand times.

Talk about a poster name I haven't seen in an age. Wow. Nice to see you again!

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

If you don't think that Ross as a local high school grad and Palm Beach landed gentry wouldn't have bought the Fins instead of the jets if both were simultaneous available, then I don't know what to tell you. But if he bought the jets as an opportunistic business opportunity, why wouldn't he root for the team he owns whatever it is. I'm sure Bud Adams and Ralph Wilson from their respective Houston and Detroit area homes root for the Titans and Bills...

You'd be well-served yourself to remove those Ross-H8'n agendized glasses :up:

Oh and good recent article on the much justifiably maligned BR, but as a word to the wise Parrotdome, you'll build more traction as a credible writer if you keep your subjective assumptive agendas out of the articles - unless you want to be another Omar :idk:

2prv09z-1.jpg

Bleacher Report bought me for my opinions. I see this subject has brought out your inner child.

Difference of opinion is not an excuse for pettiness.

Talk about a poster name I haven't seen in an age. Wow. Nice to see you again!

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Bleacher Report bought me for my opinions. There's no need to be petty.

And I still remember when you used to be on AOL, though that might have been an entire MB ago. Yeah, I've just been lurking. Still following the team, watching the games, but spirit = crushed.

And I still remember when you used to be on AOL, though that might have been an entire MB ago. Yeah, I've just been lurking. Still following the team, watching the games, but spirit = crushed.

AOL?

Think you might mean the Herald board. And damn. Didn't realize it was THAT long ago, lol.

It looks like to me that ALL pro-sports franchises are bought as business ventures. The owners (like Ross) want them to make money for them. Sure its done through winning but if it becomes too difficult or you can't seem to find the right combination of front office personel then they'll just sell the franchise to get what they can get. The only exception would be the long time owners like the Davis, Mara, or Rooney. I thnk Sterling in the NBA would fall into this category as well. Or newer owners that appear to have no wish to sell anytime soon like Jones or Cuban (NBA).

Back
Top Bottom