Ross donates $200 million to University of Michigan | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross donates $200 million to University of Michigan

Mr. Ross, donate your millions to the ongoing research into the prevention of pediatric catastrophic diseases (such as cancer) instead of giving away all that money to the University of Michigan for such meaningless projects as facility upgrades. (Hell, put aside the needed stadium improvements altogether if you must.) Donate (anonymously) your millions where they will make the most difference in the lives of others; most especially in the lives of our severely sick children. Priorities Mr. Ross, priorities.

Mr. Ross, donate your millions to the ongoing research into the prevention of pediatric catastrophic diseases (such as cancer) instead of giving away all that money to the University of Michigan for such meaningless projects as facility upgrades. (Hell, put aside the needed stadium improvements altogether if you must.) Donate (anonymously) your millions where they will make the most difference in the lives of others; most especially in the lives of our severely sick children. Priorities Mr. Ross, priorities.

Then again you assume he doesn't have a foundation or charity for all you mentioned?

But him and Bill Gates and other billionaires didn't already pledge to give away billions when they pass to charity......

I said you are. I didn't say you aren't.

Ozzy rules!!

U missed my subtle sarcasm. I was trying to act like the board member that claimed I said something and it was the complete opposite lol

All I know is, Ross once again showed his true colors. I also know he will never get public money to renovate that stadium.

All I know is, Ross once again showed his true colors. I also know he will never get public money to renovate that stadium.

Which are? Somebody that gives money to charity out of spite?

I know people are reading into the specific amount given but maybe he's so rich that $200 mill to him is like saying a coupla bucks for us.

Entertainment is a function of the economy.

You are seriously trying to tell me that education and entertainment are the same? That spending $200 million on a stadium upgrade is of equal public importance as donating $200 million to education? Some of the football nuts here may think football and education are of equal value, but we go outside of these forums and I doubt anyone would choose football as an equal to education.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Except this time it was. Will Weatherford. And its been widely reported so.

It wasnt just Will Weatheford. People choose to say he was the only reason but there was nothing out of line in the way the process worked.
This was a late push to change the actual legislation of Florida to accomadodate The Dolphins wishes. They have known about needing upgrades for years and yet they wait until last minute to push this agenda

Slightly off topic, but yes, they received huge benefits back in the 60's and 70's. Disney actually created its own governing municipality. If you want to know more, go research Reedy Creek Improvement District.

They got much of the land for close to nothing but I dont think comparing the Disney and the NFL are even close as far as revenue to the state.
They are simililar in that land cost was slashed or nothing to actually help both organizations build in thier areas.

To make it all up to u. Ross will pledge to donate Sun Life Stadium to the university of Miami.
In return 33 percent of new stadium will be paid by Local Taxpayers, Ross himself and the NFL.
Depending on how financially successful this venture is some of the money goes back to taxpayers
based on profitability. The percentages never seemd to match the actual amount of money being asked for under his proposal.
It sounded ok in theory. I still dont truly support taxpayers for NFL owned stadiums but if he went through the actual process , he might get what he wants to some degree, instead of bitching about the process when it didnt work out for him.

The guy cant use his own money people without the public... the other nfl teams wont allow it... so since our buddy's in Tallahassee said no to the vote theres nothing that he or we can do

As I said earlier in this thread, those who were against the stadium renovations being funded by public money are hypocrites now for telling Ross how he should spend his money. If you don't want him telling you how to spend your money, don't tell him how to spend his.

Edit: Watch the hypocrites no thank this post.

You either don't know what a hypocrite is or you really don't understand what people are talking about. Nobody is telling Ross how to spend his money. As much as any of us care he can dump 200 Million into an ice cream factory at the North Pole.

What people are pointing out is that he is looking for government handouts trying to expand a business while actually having the money to expand his own business. In my world you pay for your business expenses first (which includes expansion) and you can do with the leftovers whatever you want to do. You can also NOT expand your business and spend the money somewhere else but then don't come crying when nobody is giving you a hand out.

What you do not understand is that Ross was trying to pull a Loria: get government money and have the rest financed by the league. You need to read up on how Loria became the Marlins owner after the MLB bailed him out with the Expos. It is what Ross is trying to do with the Dolphins and SunLife.

Ross has absolutely no allegiance to the Dolphins. The Dolphins are for him like any of his other business ventures: flip flop. Buy, improve with government money and sell. He can and will do with his money whatever he wants to. But then he can't cry buckets if he doesn't get his way.

And I am also deeply disturbed about one of your other posts: corrupt politicians ...because they rejected the Dolphins proposal to spend government funds or institute added tax to pay for that crap. Last time I checked the corrupt politicians were the ones who surmised to big corporations and gave them handouts because they got something in return (which is the a-typical example of corruption). Now politicians are corrupt by protecting the average citizen against large corporations? That is a new one. What did they get to vote against the proposal? Where is/was the corruption?

The guy cant use his own money people without the public... the other nfl teams wont allow it... so since our buddy's in Tallahassee said no to the vote theres nothing that he or we can do

The NFl is not stopping Ross from using his own money. Im sure other owners might be miffed but the NFL is not stopping that.

I agree with crowder on this one...

the man asked for public money because its the only way he could get NFL money...but he didnt ask for public money to get a new stadium, he asked for public money to get a facelift on an old stadium...Crowder called it, putting lipstick on a pig...

here was his reasoning, if ross had gotten it he could sell the team with an improved stadium that he put no real money into...

he also said another thing i agree with...Ross is worth 4 billion+, Jerry jones is worth 2 billion+ and jerry built his stadium 90% by himself...If ross was for real about loving the fins and not just trying to make a buck he could have improved the stadium himself, or built us a new one himself like jerry did...Ross does not love the fins the way jerry loves the cowboys...ross bought the fins so he could join the owner billionaire club and stroke his ego and that is it...

some of you defending ross need to remember 1 thing...ROSS TRIED TO BUY THE JETS...he is not a real dolphins fan...

I agree with crowder on this one...

the man asked for public money because its the only way he could get NFL money...but he didnt ask for public money to get a new stadium, he asked for public money to get a facelift on an old stadium...Crowder called it, putting lipstick on a pig...

here was his reasoning, if ross had gotten it he could sell the team with an improved stadium that he put no real money into...

he also said another thing i agree with...Ross is worth 4 billion+, Jerry jones is worth 2 billion+ and jerry built his stadium 90% by himself...If ross was for real about loving the fins and not just trying to make a buck he could have improved the stadium himself, or built us a new one himself like jerry did...Ross does not love the fins the way jerry loves the cowboys...ross bought the fins so he could join the owner billionaire club and stroke his ego and that is it...

some of you defending ross need to remember 1 thing...ROSS TRIED TO BUY THE JETS...he is not a real dolphins fan...

Pretty much this.

Back
Top Bottom