Ross leaning toward keeping Sparano / Ireland if they continue to win? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross leaning toward keeping Sparano / Ireland if they continue to win?

I can't really agree with this enough. I used to get out to Dolphins home games and I don't even bother anymore. I can watch the Dolphins play boring, crappy football on TV and save some pocket change. I'm now a Panthers season ticket holder.

Dolphins are a joke of a team run by a bunch of incompetent buffoons, while at least the Panthers are making moves to get better. First place, baby.

And now the Dolphins have even more competition in the Marlins, fighting for $$$ in the local market. Its going to be rather interesting to see how the Dolphins react to these Marlins moves, and especially if King Albert (Pujols) is crowned here......Ross will have to do something extremely dramatic to make the Dolphins relevant again in Miami.

I heard today that its estimated that the Heat took as much as 30% of the revenue out of the Dolphins pockets last year. The Dolphins had to lower the commercial rates on all their games because local corporate TV commerical $$$ were buying Heat TV commercial space over the Dolphins.

So our defense was the reason we only put up 16 points against Cleveland, 13 against Houston, 16 against San Diego and 6 against the stinkin' rotten Jests ? Please give me a break.......

Starting Henne over Moore was a problem, and this coaching staff and front office didn't see that Moore was the better QB, period end of discussion. This is why I don't trust them to find our "franchise" QB, whether he be a 1st round stud, or a later find in the draft. I just don't think they have a quarterback IQ betwixt them.

Moore was the QB for half the Chargers game and all of the Jets game. Not sure why you are including those against Henne. Listen, Henne isn't great, but he was much better this year than ever before. During the Houston and Cleveland games, Marshall dropped several TD passes.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

FYI, noone gives a flying poop about Baseball. The Marlins could resurrect Babe Ruth and put him on the field and I still wouldnt watch.

Moore was the QB for half the Chargers game and all of the Jets game. Not sure why you are including those against Henne. Listen, Henne isn't great, but he was much better this year than ever before. During the Houston and Cleveland games, Marshall dropped several TD passes.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

FYI, noone gives a flying poop about Baseball. The Marlins could resurrect Babe Ruth and put him on the field and I still wouldnt watch.
And why didn't they see that Moore was a better QB and better leader in training camp ? That is what they are paid to see. Henne had already proven he was not "the Man" over two years of mediocrity.

And why didn't they see that Moore was a better QB and better leader in training camp ? That is what they are paid to see. Henne had already proven he was not "the Man" over two years of mediocrity.

Ever thought that maybe Moore WASNT the better man in the offseason? He absolutely sucked in the Jets game. I suppose he probably put up similar performances in training camp. Sometimes it takes guys time to get adjusted with a new offense and new players. Henne had been working with the team since Spring. Moore was way behind.

After beating Washington, KC, and Buffalo, Miami goes to Dallas to prove that they're a good team. What happens? Same old Sparano-led let-down: 4 trips in the red zone with NO TDs, and the defense fails to stop a game-winning drive again! Let's not forget the fact that just one stinkin' TD in the red zone would have won this game. This is the kind of football that Miami has been playing for the past few years under Sparano. It hasn't changed, no matter who is OC or QB; when it's crunch time and the game is on the line Miami falls flat.
This. I keep reading how we "kept it close" with a good team (a generous description) in Dallas. ****ty coaching lost us that game, a game that should have been a beat down if we scored TDs in even 2 of those. Instead, ultraconservative mode set in while in field goal range. Again.

Hell, even in the Raiders game it happened. Luckily we got penalties to help us get within very short range despite the conservative short passes and up the middle runs that were being called. Only the first TD to Bess didn't require a penalty to keep the drive alive, and that was another short pass on 3rd and 8 that Bess was able to turn into something. Good thing Moore is a QB that's capable of scoring despite conservative, "play for the FG" game management.

So our defense was the reason we only put up 16 points against Cleveland, 13 against Houston, 16 against San Diego and 6 against the stinkin' rotten Jests ? Please give me a break.......

Starting Henne over Moore was a problem, and this coaching staff and front office didn't see that Moore was the better QB, period end of discussion. This is why I don't trust them to find our "franchise" QB, whether he be a 1st round stud, or a later find in the draft. I just don't think they have a quarterback IQ betwixt them.
The defense missed a ton of tackles on that Revis return.

Yep...my worst nightmare coming to fruition. Wonderful. Can wait for Sparano to blow a game or two every year and lose us close playoff games. Its gonna be great.

This has been my nightmare since Ross didn't fire Sparano nor did he get Harbaugh...we would lose until we were out of contention then win just enough for Tony to keep his job and lose out on a top QB prospect without giving up the farm. I really can't think of a whole lot worse situation unless we draft another lineman next year and pass on the QB's altogether! Moore is certainly passable but is not the franchise QB that we are looking for. He can keep the position warm until Barkley or RGIII is ready to go - hopefully.

We were told pre-season that Sparano needed to make the playoffs this year to see out his contract. There's slim to no chance of that happening, even if we win out. But now looks more likely that he'll keep his job, than lose it.

If he had lost the last 7 as oppossed to the first 7, would have been a different story I'm sure.

It is definately a lot tougher than it was a month ago.... A new HC / GM is definately going to want to bring in a lot of their guys ...which means cutting a lot of the current guys ( players and coaches) which means the owner will need to spend a lot of money without possibility of return on investment. I am sure Ross wants to win as that is the ultimate way for him to improve the value of his investment.... but is changing coaches really the correct action now ?
Like Ireland... Sparano is just getting his first chance to do things his way without Parcells oversight..
Who knows... with Parcell's wlking out like he did... it kind of leaves a number of questions about ..philosophy as to how much was his.. and how much did the current guys agree with it after a year or so..

I don't see why it is such a difficult decision, except that the winning has been in a streak. If we had won one or two and lost one or two throughout the year and ended up 8-8, I don't think anyone would question whether Sparano would get fired. Yeah, the team looks good but one has to wonder if we shouldn't have looked this good on day 1. Every team had to deal with the lockout and many of them were far better prepared to play than we were. By his own admission, Tony has changed the way that he coaches and we have started to win. He reverted to dumbbutt Tony during the Dallas game and we lost. If that is not an endorsement for the idea that this is a coaching problem and not a personnel problem, then I don't know what is. He is a nice guy and has redeemed himself tremendously over the past few weeks and might have earned himself an OC position next year but I will be furious if he is retained. Ross said that he would be fired if he did not get to the playoffs and I expect him to live up to that promise. Get us a winner head coach, period.

Why keep him. They have been playing 1000 times better than the firt half of the year but look at who they've beaten.

1. Kansas City (too many injuries to key players) no Eric Berry, Jamal Charles, Tony Moeaki, Brian Waters (with NE)
2. Washington - quarterback sucks, Santana Moss was hurt same record as us
3. Buffalo - 1 game ahead of us, they were on a slide when we played them
4. Oakland - injuries to there 2 best offensive weapons McFadden, Jacoby Ford. They will be lucky if they win their division they play Green Bay and Detroit the next 2 weeks and Denver has the Bears and Patriots.

I want to see how they play against legitimate playoff teams before they go keeping Sparano.

Back
Top Bottom