Ross leaning toward keeping Sparano / Ireland if they continue to win? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross leaning toward keeping Sparano / Ireland if they continue to win?

whats the point of posting an empty stadium? i bet if you had a shot of AA Arena it would be half full as well even with Lebron and D-Wade, Miami is not really a sports town too much stuff to do.

Sheesh even when we made the playoffs in 08' we could not even sell out the stadium so its nothing new no matter who or what coach we have.

Sorry playa... But i was there for that ravens game in 08, and it was sold out.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Pfft.... Tony's gone people. Ross is smiling because potential HC's out there are recognizing the team can win and doesn't have to be completely gutted. It's suddenly a team that's more attractive for a new HC. Especially with a cheap serviceable QB that can win games while the franchize guy is learning the ropes.

We have big problems if our owner bases his decisions on what the fans want. Fan opinion has never been a good barometer for decision making. Like the comment about getting a big name. Outside of Gruden and Cowher, what big names are available? Jeff Fisher? He's had 5 seasons with a record of above .500 in a 17 year coaching career. Big name?

Fact is, if the Dolphins do make a change, you better be prepared to take an underwhelming coordinator in the Rob Ryan, Perry Fewell, Mike Zimmer category, or take an up and coming coordinator who has limited experience and may not be able to fill out a staff in the Jay Gruden, Dennis Allen, and Rob Chudzinski category.

My stance. I'm ready to make a change to go with a young, innovative mind that will be more aggressive with the game planning than Tony currently is. This idea that we have to make a change because that's what the fans want is stupid though. This team doesn't have to do anything the fans want as long as they make decisions that lead to wins.
Keith if the Dolphin Fans don't go to the games and don't buy the merchandise, then Mr. Ross will have to take us seriously. Your right he doesn't have to listen, but if it hits him in the wallet or the stadium fills up with opposing fans he will get the hint. I like your thoughts on the coaches if we can't lure Gruden or Cowher to coach the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
He can continue to have fun buying the tickets so the games can be shown.

The season ticket base is gonna be in the low 30's next year...

Hope he has fun spending millions to buy tickets...

He cant be smiling at how empty that stadium was yesterday...He put that game on TV again (4th game so far this year)...

For those who are advocating that we keep Tony Sparano, I have some questions:

Do you agree that the team has improved markedly because Matt Moore is playing much better football than Chad Henne was?

Because if you do, how can you then support Sparano? It was Tony who promised us a 'fair competition' for the starting QB job, and then proceeded to watch Henne stink up the joint in training camp. It was Tony who watched Matt Moore outperform him in the preseason, and it was Tony who decided that Chad Henne was still the starting QB until he got injured.

And this is a trend. Tony does not like benching starters, even when they are being outperformed by their backups. How can you have any confidence that Sparano will put the best eleven guys on the field?

Do you agree that his clock management stinks? Do you agree that the team continues wasting valuable second half timeouts for no good reason? Do you also feel disgusted when he punts the ball on 4th and inches at the opposing 40, when down by six points in the fourth quarter?

Do you think that maybe the Miami Dolphins have a talented roster that is underachieving because the head coach is in over his head?

I am genuinely curious and would like Sparano supporters to provide honest answers, because I really feel this guy is a lousy coach. But maybe I'm missing something here.

In fairness, Henne was not playing poorly to start the season. He was playing much better than he ever had before and had gained notoriety from the team for his leadership in the offseason. The reason we lost early in the season had more to do with the defense (and the neverending stream of hamstring injuries) than anything Henne was doing. Yes, Moore is undoubtedly a better QB, but I don't know if the difference was that apparent in the offseason or early in the season.

If nothing else, these blowout wins against contenders

Which contenders ? The Raiders that play in the worst or 2nd worst division ? The fading Bills that have lost 5 straight ? The Chiefs who have a losing record ? Or those mighty 4-8 Redskins ? :confused:

Are people really this delusional ? :breakpc:

Has Ross ever said he was getting rid of Tony or Jeff? It will be a tough decision either way for him and fans.

No it won't, and if the Marlins (who are meeting with Pujols today for the 3rd time in the last couple of weeks) land Albert Pujols, the Dolphins are in real trouble. They have to do something to reinvigorate the fan base, or just accept they will be number 3 in the pecking order in this town. The Heat right now are King and the Marlins look to be making a run at being the Crown Prince, that will leave the Dolphins as the ignored younger son, and maybe even behind the Panthers eventually as the Court Jester (which they already run the organization as if they are the Court Jester).

Fun fact. In his first three years(2008-2010) Sparano had beaten the opponent by 11+ points a total of four times. He has won four of the past five games this season by 11+ points. Impressive.

He's also won games against team with a combined record of ........(Bills) 5-7, (Redskins) 4-8, Oakland (7-5) and Kansas City (5-7) which means that 3 of the 4 have losing records. Very similar to 2008. So where are we 3 years later ? Still beating teams with losing records (but also losing to some of them too like Cleveland) and not getting a signature win over a top Super Bowl contender.

I simply dont care what happens anymore

Which if you live in South Florida, and have even casual interest in the Marlins, why the Albert Pujols signing would be a devastating blow to the Dolphins.

Which if you live in South Florida, and have even casual interest in the Marlins, why the Albert Pujols signing would be a devastating blow to the Dolphins.

I can't really agree with this enough. I used to get out to Dolphins home games and I don't even bother anymore. I can watch the Dolphins play boring, crappy football on TV and save some pocket change. I'm now a Panthers season ticket holder.

Dolphins are a joke of a team run by a bunch of incompetent buffoons, while at least the Panthers are making moves to get better. First place, baby.

Which contenders ? The Raiders that play in the worst or 2nd worst division ? The fading Bills that have lost 5 straight ? The Chiefs who have a losing record ? Or those mighty 4-8 Redskins ? :confused:

Are people really this delusional ? :breakpc:

After beating Washington, KC, and Buffalo, Miami goes to Dallas to prove that they're a good team. What happens? Same old Sparano-led let-down: 4 trips in the red zone with NO TDs, and the defense fails to stop a game-winning drive again! Let's not forget the fact that just one stinkin' TD in the red zone would have won this game. This is the kind of football that Miami has been playing for the past few years under Sparano. It hasn't changed, no matter who is OC or QB; when it's crunch time and the game is on the line Miami falls flat.

In fairness, Henne was not playing poorly to start the season. He was playing much better than he ever had before and had gained notoriety from the team for his leadership in the offseason. The reason we lost early in the season had more to do with the defense (and the neverending stream of hamstring injuries) than anything Henne was doing. Yes, Moore is undoubtedly a better QB, but I don't know if the difference was that apparent in the offseason or early in the season.

So our defense was the reason we only put up 16 points against Cleveland, 13 against Houston, 16 against San Diego and 6 against the stinkin' rotten Jests ? Please give me a break.......

Starting Henne over Moore was a problem, and this coaching staff and front office didn't see that Moore was the better QB, period end of discussion. This is why I don't trust them to find our "franchise" QB, whether he be a 1st round stud, or a later find in the draft. I just don't think they have a quarterback IQ betwixt them.

Back
Top Bottom