Ross leaning toward keeping Sparano / Ireland if they continue to win? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross leaning toward keeping Sparano / Ireland if they continue to win?

Regarding attendance, this is a state of transplants. People from all over the country come to live here. Not just New Yorkers, as some might think (Although there are a ton), and they bring their allegiances with them. That's why none of our teams will ever have perfect attendance. It's not as bad as people make it out to be, though.

Regarding attendance, this is a state of transplants. People from all over the country come to live here. Not just New Yorkers, as some might think (Although there are a ton), and they bring their allegiances with them. That's why none of our teams will ever have perfect attendance. It's not as bad as people make it out to be, though.

i think its going to change in a couple of years.

with miami heat and lebron james

marlins and there new stadium and the new star shortstop signing in reyes ( maybe albert the machine too )

dolphins gonna be promising next year and have a "star" player in reggie bush who will sell jerseys and tickets to come watch him.

i think its going to change in a couple of years.

with miami heat and lebron james

marlins and there new stadium and the new star shortstop signing in reyes ( maybe albert the machine too )

dolphins gonna be promising next year and have a "star" player in reggie bush who will sell jerseys and tickets to come watch him.

reggie bush doesn't have it to sway anything.

The Dolphins need a "star Quarterback" not reggie bush if they want to sell jerseys and tickets.. and to be a playoff contender again.

As well as bringing in a much better head coach.

Period.

How is Tony building a juggernaut? We're 4-8. I guess Cleveland is a juggernaut too then?

He does not come back, fellas. Ross is going to put his imprint on the team.

Tony should be commended for keeping the team focused and playing hard, but he is done.
This.

I do think Ross like big names and while I do think he likes Sparano, I think he's gonna make another attempt this offseason to hire a big name. I just hope its not Gruden or Cowher.

I've wanted Sparano's head since the end of last year and it further fueled my rage with the 0-7 start. But at the same time, I do think Sparano seems like a good guy and the players do like him given the recent turnaround (something we didnt see with Cam Cameron). I think Sparano will find success again as an assistant coach, but I think thats what he is; a good assistant coach. Just like guys like Wade Phillips, Norv Turner, Tony seems like a good guy who is generally liked by players but is better suited as an assistant coach than a head coach. And so I do think Tony will be let go in the offseason while Ireland will be retained.

How is Tony building a juggernaut? We're 4-8. I guess Cleveland is a juggernaut too then?
lol, by these standards, Indy is the greatest team the NFL has ever seen.

C'mon? Are you serious?

and even though the Heat were the most exciting team in the NBA last year, there would be tons of empty seats throughout most of the first half, and when you were in the finals the opposing teams fans took over your building...a fan base (Dallas Mavs) that isn't really known for 'travelling well'.

I mean if you are a realist, you can see that.

But one thing Miami lacks is a real strong supportive fan base.

We can agree to disagree on this one because you likely have a small case of cognitive dissonance and city pride, which is totally understandable.

I went to some of those playoff games and they certainly didn't take over our building...

Did anyone else catch Ross in the booth grinning from ear to ear after the Burnett INT return? I seriously think he will keep Ireland for sure, and might keep Sparano if he can be convinced that the early season woes were due to hamstring injuries and a shortened offseason. If nothing else, these blowout wins against contenders shows that the team is still fighting for the coach.

I am torn on the whole thing because I think Sparano is a decent coach, but limited. I think at this point its obvious that he can't get his team to win close games consistently. He seems to panic a bit when the games are too close. This is important if we ever hope to win a playoff game.

On the other hand, I also believe there is enough talent here not to go installing a completely different system and blowing up the whole thing by bringing in a regime that may have different philosophies.

It will be a tough call by Ross. And either way, half the fanbase will hate him for his decision.

You said contendersssss as if it was plural. How many did we beat? Unless you count the Bills as a contender (yeah right) the Raiders are it.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

He does not come back, fellas. Ross is going to put his imprint on the team.

Tony should be commended for keeping the team focused and playing hard, but he is done.

We have to the beat the Eagles, Jets and Bills at least and Sparano might (40%) come back...

clear.gif

How many games have you gone to this year?

You said contendersssss as if it was plural. How many did we beat? Unless you count the Bills as a contender (yeah right) the Raiders are it.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Chiefs were in first place in the AFC West when we beat them...Buffalo was in contention for a wildcard when we beat them...Oakland was also in first place yesterday when we beat them...

Chiefs have held some very solid offenses to low scores, but we went off for 35 on them

Bills have put up big numbers on some very solid defenses, they only put 8 up on us

Oakland was rolling coming into Miami, and we basically shut them out, save for some late garbage points.

It's been an impressive run; and if you note "Fear the Mammals" section of this article http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7318214/icing-kicker-work
y
ou will see we are quite possibly the best 4-8 team ever and should be 7-5 if it wasn't for some bad breaks. Also, noted in the article, other teams who have had comparable turnarounds carry their momentum over into the following season; the most recent example being the Chargers who went from 4-8 to 8-8; then the following season went 13-3

The reason I say he's turning this team into a Juggernaut is because I feel like during this turnaround he finally "got it" and everything is coming together.

Just like players need to develop so do coaches, and I feel Tony is finally fully developed...and so do his players. The cache he's earning with them during this run is invaluable and will surely carryover to next season if we're smart enough to retain him.

Regardless of what happens the next two games, it's going to come down to the final two games. Last year in Foxboro in week 17 the Pats made us look like a high school team, and Ross went after Harbaugh. If it happens again in Foxboro in week 16, and we lose to the Jets the next week, Sparano is gone. If we make the Pats game a good game, even if we don't win, and we beat the Jets at home to close out the season, Sparano will be back.

Back
Top Bottom