Round 2 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Round 2

Awuzie, probably gone within the first 30 minutes tonight, or McMillan for me.

Round 2 prospects

OG
Forrest Lamp
Dan Feeney
Dion Dawkins
Dorian Johnson
Pat Elflien

S
Budda Baker
Marcus Williams
Obi Melifonwu
Josh Jones

CB
Sidney Jones
Chidobe Awuzie
Fabian Moreau
Kevin King

LB
Tyus Bowser
Raekwon McMillian
Ryan Anderson

A lot of talent and a few of these should be available when we pick.

If the Packers do not take Dalvin Cook with the 1st pick in the 2nd round there may be some serious issues around him. Nonetheless if he theres when we pick i think you should consider it.

I'm a big believer in Mike Mayock and his draft analysis. After all, He was being considered for a GM job in the NFL. And I think his Board or best available runs very closely to what other GM's around the NFL have. So with that being said, the players who could be available at or around #54 are. OG's Dan Feeney, Dion Dawkins and Dorian Johnson. DT Chris Wormley, as well as, OLB's Tyus Bowser and Ryan Anderson. If you ask me, this would be perfect for what Miami could be looking to do in this range. With 2 players in Wormley and Bowser being brought to Miami for private interviews and workouts. I have my fingers crossed.

I'm a big believer in Mike Mayock and his draft analysis. After all, He was being considered for a GM job in the NFL. And I think his Board or best available runs very closely to what other GM's around the NFL have. So with that being said, the players who could be available at or around #54 are. OG's Dan Feeney, Dion Dawkins and Dorian Johnson. DT Chris Wormley, as well as, OLB's Tyus Bowser and Ryan Anderson. If you ask me, this would be perfect for what Miami could be looking to do in this range. With 2 players in Wormley and Bowser being brought to Miami for private interviews and workouts. I have my fingers crossed.

A Guard...or Bowser.

If we pass on a guard and dip into the 3rd, or 5th round...the ghosts of Turner, Thomas, and Douglas will soon have another failed member of their fraternity.

id like to come out of these two rounds with Feeney and Asiata for OG. I think our OL would be set for years. But we also need a Safety badly now that ISQ is done.

Buddha Baker and Forrest Lamp are first round talents who would have an immediate impact for us in 2017. Sign me up for either of them right now.

I would have liked Foster, but the fact that basically every team passed on him means there's something we don't know that they do. Most Dolphins fans are mad at the fact that they didn't pick Foster rather than understanding why we took Harris. It was a smart pick. Wake has 2-3 seasons left maybe, Hayes in one a one year deal, and Branch really only had one season to show what he has. DE's these days are making like 10 million a year, so it's smart to load up on some younger ones while we still can. Also, he has a great spin move and can pass rush. Sure, he's not great against the run, but everyone knows that and it's not like he is doomed to be bad against the run his whole life. He will probably bulk up and learn along the way. Foster aside, he was the best player available at a position of need. Most mocks I saw had him in the 12-20 range. We go lt fair value.

In the 2nd round, we need a guard, DT or safety. There are some interesting prospects still available and we would almost certainly need to trade up to get them, but we should not. Stay there or try to gather more picks, don't give up picks to move up.

Praying Cunningham falls to us. Would be perfect for this defense, and would allow us to slide Kiko to WILL and Timmons to SAM.

I would have liked Foster, but the fact that basically every team passed on him means there's something we don't know that they do. Most Dolphins fans are mad at the fact that they didn't pick Foster rather than understanding why we took Harris. It was a smart pick. Wake has 2-3 seasons left maybe, Hayes in one a one year deal, and Branch really only had one season to show what he has. DE's these days are making like 10 million a year, so it's smart to load up on some younger ones while we still can. Also, he has a great spin move and can pass rush. Sure, he's not great against the run, but everyone knows that and it's not like he is doomed to be bad against the run his whole life. He will probably bulk up and learn along the way. Foster aside, he was the best player available at a position of need. Most mocks I saw had him in the 12-20 range. We go lt fair value.

In the 2nd round, we need a guard, DT or safety. There are some interesting prospects still available and we would almost certainly need to trade up to get them, but we should not. Stay there or try to gather more picks, don't give up picks to move up.

Your forgetting linebacker. This team needs another starter at linebacker and Timmons is only a stop gap at the other linebacker spot.

I think you take a CB, S, or LB here and trade up in the third round for whichever guard (Johnson, Feeney, Asiata, Dawkins) falls within reach. Get three starters.

My Targets:

CB - Awuzie, King, Tankersely
S - Obi, Baker, Williams, Maye, Jones
LB - Cunningham, Bowser, McMillan

Good chance the BPA is in the secondary at 54.

And would be fine with any of the guards mentioned above.

Back
Top Bottom