Round 2 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Round 2

I think you take a CB, S, or LB here and trade up in the third round for whichever guard (Johnson, Feeney, Asiata, Dawkins) falls within reach. Get three starters.

My Targets:

CB - Awuzie, King, Tankersely
S - Obi, Baker, Williams, Maye, Jones
LB - Cunningham, Bowser, McMillan

Good chance the BPA is in the secondary at 54.

And would be fine with any of the guards mentioned above.
I'm with ya mike, like all of those options and your way of thinking. I'd prefer to not go cb here, but it may be the most value

Even though we have needs at LB, DT and CB, if we're looking for full-time starters, I think we should target FS or OG in round 2.

There's no guarantee the LB we draft would play all 3 downs. Unless you take Kiko or Timmons out on 3rd down.

A DT would also just be part of the rotation along with Phillips.

And in terms of CB, we need someone to compete with McCain as our slot corner more than anything else.

Obviously depends on which players fall to 54, but I think FS and OG should be a priority given our lack of starting quality at those positions.

Even though we have needs at LB, DT and CB, if we're looking for full-time starters, I think we should target FS or OG in round 2.

There's no guarantee the LB we draft would play all 3 downs. Unless you take Kiko or Timmons out on 3rd down.

And in terms of CB, we need someone to compete with McCain as our slot corner more than anything else.

Obviously depends on which players fall to 54, but I think FS and OG should be a priority given our lack of starting quality at those positions.

We couldn't stop the run last year and it starts up front. We need a DT big time. I didn't want one at 22 but at 54 or 97 I'm all for it. Yes he will rotate but we need a rotation, specially in that Miami heat. If you stop the run then you can actually rush the passer. I'd be fine with a FS at 54 depending on who's there but you can't take DT out of the plan. As far as o-line, it will not happen at 54

Ozzy rules!!

We couldn't stop the run last year and it starts up front. We need a DT big time. I didn't want one at 22 but at 54 or 97 I'm all for it. Yes he will rotate but we need a rotation, specially in that Miami heat. If you stop the run then you can actually rush the passer. I'd be fine with a FS at 54 depending on who's there but you can't take DT out of the plan. As far as o-line, it will not happen at 54

Ozzy rules!!

I'd like to address DT with a veteran rather than a rookie. Some veteran cuts will happen in the next few weeks due to the draft.

But that's just my opinion.

Does anyone think its a good idea if we traded up to select Sidney Jones in the 3rd?

Can you imagine Harris playing SAM and blitzing on the same side as Wake?! Also, I think the Wide-9 is going to fit this guy perfectly, giving him ample time to either spin back inside, or rip and bend outside to the QB; this guy's first step is the best in the draft and that is crucial for a pass rusher

I'd jump for joy if we could land Zachary Cunningham in the second.

Not necessarily. I think there's a couple that could take his spot and the majority of snaps.

McDowell would be a great get. We need defense the top 3 rounds, guards can be had later

Back
Top Bottom