Rumor: Adawale Ogunleye might be traded sooner than you think | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Adawale Ogunleye might be traded sooner than you think

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
The dolphins and Adawale Ogunleye have somewhat ended talks since both parties have not come to an agreement. Drew Rosehaus is now persuing a trade to send Adawale to a team that needs a premier pass rusher.

Source: Drew Rosenhaus in a sports station in Los Angeles.

juniorseau55 said:
The dolphins and Adawale Ogunleye have somewhat ended talks since both parties have not come to an agreement. Drew Rosehaus is now persuing a trade to send Adawale to a team that needs a premier pass rusher.

Source: Drew Rosenhaus in a sports station in Los Angeles.
It's not Drew's decision especially if the fins insist on a 1st and 4th.

That's funny, because last night Rosenhaus said that he thinks when it's all said and done, Wale will be in a Fins uni(he said something similar to that). Kind've surprising that less than a day later, all hope is gone. :huh:

They haven't ended talks. They're working on solutions every day....

O-GUN may be traded, but we'll have to be well compensated in the process. I think he'll stay in Miami, and eventually get his contract....

PHINZ RULE!!! :eek:

I'd love the Bills to make a move, I would easily give up a 2005 2nd and 3rd rounder, Denney/Kelsay, and a conditional 2006.... but that's probably not enough.

If he did say that, it's probably to make us feel threatened so we do sign O-Gun to his terms.

Kind of like his cell phone scam at the draft.

Well not to shoot down this rumor but I just read on profootballcentral.com that the Fins are not trading O-gun. Apparently Washington has already offered up Rod Gardner and a 2nd rd. pick in next years draft. This site says the Fins FO said no and also said that O-gun was not on the trading block.

I'd be more inclined to believe that he is getting traded but only because it makes more sence to trade him rather than let him sit out. Not because his big mouth agent says so.

AggieFin21 said:
Well not to shoot down this rumor but I just read on profootballcentral.com that the Fins are not trading O-gun. Apparently Washington has already offered up Rod Gardner and a 2nd rd. pick in next years draft. This site says the Fins FO said no and also said that O-gun was not on the trading block.

I'd be more inclined to believe that he is getting traded but only because it makes more sence to trade him rather than let him sit out. Not because his big mouth agent says so.

Maybe it makes more sense to trade him if you look at it as its better to get something than nothing. But, I beleive the Dolphins are willing to let him sit out to prove a point and make it clear that they have the upper hand. If they let O-gun get his way, they will set the precedent for every other Restricted free agent/rookie/etc. to all of a sudden make demands, when they have no ground to stand on. O-gun needs the Dolphins more than the Dolphins need O-gun, and I think the front office knows that. So, why would you trade away a premier player for practically nothing... when if you wait it out you might have the chance of landing him for below-market value.

If Miami trades him, they will be making a HUGE mistake. He is not someone that you can just replace. He is a big piece of the D-line, maybe as important, if not more important than JT. Don't get me wrong, Taylor is a bad man...but Ogun is pretty tough as well.

MOULDSROCKS said:
I'd love the Bills to make a move, I would easily give up a 2005 2nd and 3rd rounder, Denney/Kelsay, and a conditional 2006.... but that's probably not enough.

It'll be tough for the Bills to acquire Wale without a 2005 1st rounder. Besides, I hope Spielman wouldn't deal a Probowl DE to a team in the division.

I just love to hear about how Drew likes to talk such a big game... anyone remember Eric Rhett? Drew was his agent and told him hold out for more $$... what was the result? Well no one has seen him wear a fb uniform since!

Does anyone know how much cap space the Dolphins have left? I mean between OGun, Chambers, Surtain and McMichael, we've got some serious issues to address...

the dolphins still had one of the best defenses in the league without Ogun.

Back
Top Bottom