Rumor: Adawale Ogunleye might be traded sooner than you think | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Adawale Ogunleye might be traded sooner than you think

How about this scenario, wale stays!!! He is one of the top defensive ends in the league and david bowens is some ***. He is a must stay in Miami. But if miami is stupid egnough to trade him then i hope miami settles for nothing less than a first round pick, or a second or third and a nice veteran player.

Fatherof25 said:
How about this scenario, wale stays!!! He is one of the top defensive ends in the league and david bowens is some ***. He is a must stay in Miami. But if miami is stupid egnough to trade him then i hope miami settles for nothing less than a first round pick, or a second or third and a nice veteran player.

It's not a matter of being stupid. It's a matter of being able to afford it. Remember we got guys like Chambers/McMicheal needing extensions to. You can't pay everyone.

that is too true, but i believe we will have egnough, if we sign o-gun, to get chambers and mcmichaels resigned. How much are we under the cap now anyways

thats gay, but they should all be cheap xcept for vernor carey

We may be under the cap this year, but we restructured alot of contracts this offseason. Next year we will be up against the fence again as far as making cap room

If the rumor is true, jump on the offer of a 2nd and Rod Gardner. We could replace the pick given up in the Feeley trade and get a hell of a good 3rd WR. Remember 2 seasons ago when we cut Daryl Gardener, David Bowens stepped up as the starter at LE until he got injured which gave Wale got a shot. He could be very effective opposite JT, if he stays healthy. This trade would be more benefitial to our team than resigning him.

i said it before and i will say it again, david bowens sucks.

David Bowens was the starter until the infamous lightbulb incident.

I like O-Gun, I really do, but I think he's asking for too much money -- at least, more than this team can afford to pay him. I don't have the exact numbers, but there is already a massive imbalance between the money paid to offense and to defense. O-Gun is great, but he seems to one #1 DE money, and I'm still thinking #99 is the primary DE on this team.

If we can sign him to a reasonable, cap-friendly deal, I'm all for it. Otherwise, send him off to someone for picks or players and make the team stronger that way. Drew seemed to think there was a significant market for him prior to the draft and was wrong, now it seems he's just trying to inflate the value again.

Wasn't there a pipe dream earlier in the off-season -- OGun for Ramsey? :)

Check this, if david bowens cant screw a lightbulb in correctly then what makes u think he can sack a qb??????? j/k but for real, i dont believe david bowens has the ability to come in and do what o-gun has done. If we dont have o-gun then u can expect more double teams on jt. More double teams on jt means more pressure on our cornerbacks (sure we have 2 probowl corners but they cant shut down everything). WE NEED O-GUN MORE THAN YOU ALL THINK.

xiidaen said:
David Bowens was the starter until the infamous lightbulb incident.

I like O-Gun, I really do, but I think he's asking for too much money -- at least, more than this team can afford to pay him. I don't have the exact numbers, but there is already a massive imbalance between the money paid to offense and to defense. O-Gun is great, but he seems to one #1 DE money, and I'm still thinking #99 is the primary DE on this team.

If we can sign him to a reasonable, cap-friendly deal, I'm all for it. Otherwise, send him off to someone for picks or players and make the team stronger that way. Drew seemed to think there was a significant market for him prior to the draft and was wrong, now it seems he's just trying to inflate the value again.

Wasn't there a pipe dream earlier in the off-season -- OGun for Ramsey? :)

it wasn't the lightbulb/ladder injury that made him lose his job. that was last year. he lost his job to OGun when he broke his hand.

buckeyenic007 said:
If Miami trades him, they will be making a HUGE mistake. He is not someone that you can just replace. He is a big piece of the D-line, maybe as important, if not more important than JT. Don't get me wrong, Taylor is a bad man...but Ogun is pretty tough as well.
Now I'll give it to O-Gun, he is a very talented player. But a large part of his success and I mean a LARGE part is because he has JT playing on that other side. It was the same way with Warren Sapp. Very talented player but his success was largely due to the fact that he played with a talented line (i.e. Anthony McFarland)

bakedmatt said:
It'll be tough for the Bills to acquire Wale without a 2005 1st rounder. Besides, I hope Spielman wouldn't deal a Probowl DE to a team in the division.

check this out. I would trade Ogun for buffalo's 2nd and Pat Williams. then buffalo would have no good picks next year and there Dline would really suck other than Ogun. ahhhhhhh, i dont know...........just jivin.

Back
Top Bottom