Rumor: Dolphins and Cowboys talking trade for 12th pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Dolphins and Cowboys talking trade for 12th pick

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
A Miami Dolphins source asked me today if I had heard anything about the Dallas Cowboys talking with the Miami Dolphins about a possible draft-day trade that would move the Cowboys up to the No. 12 spot in the NFL draft. The source said he had heard it from someone with inside information on the Dolphins.

The Dolphins showed interest Marion Barber two years ago, when the Dolphins picked up nearly every single former Cowboys player. Bill Parcells loves the guy and so does the Dolphins head coach. Barber may not be worth a No 12 pick for the Dolphins, so I’ve also heard they have interest in Patrick Crayton. Now, all of these scenarios are plausible, because if Crayton is gone, the Cowboys very well may be going after Dez Bryant.

http://thelandryhat.com/2010/04/02/rumor-cowboys-may-move-up-in-draft-to-pick-12-with-marion-barber/

It has begun.

I wouldn't mind trading down and picking up and extra pick and/or player. Earl Thomas should still be there later in the 1st and he would be my suggestion for who to select at that position.

This obviously means Jerry Jones wants Dez Bryant badly and hoepfully we can use that as leverage to fudge a great deal for us.

Crayton? SERIOUSLY? WOW this FO is getting worse and worse of late.
I'd give up our 1st, for their 2nd and Austin.

OR our 1st, for their 1st and Bennett (te) and 5th.

Crayton? SERIOUSLY? WOW this FO is getting worse and worse of late.I'd give up our 1st, for their 2nd and Austin.

OR our 1st, for their 1st and Bennett (te) and 5th.

WOW....some internet hack posts a baseless rumor and it is affecting your opinion on our FO?

and with those deals.....are you at least gonna buy them a drink before you **** them?

I don't think we would look at Marion Barber just yet. If we sent them our #1 pick and picked up Crayton I would assume we would get their second or third round pick in return, or a logical combination of mid round picks. I could definitely live with using Crayton as our starter for this season next to Hartline.

This doesn't even qualify as a rumor. The website is a joke and what is proposed is preposterous.

Garbage.

I love how the rumor lists Berry as a possibility at #12...
If we think for a second he's there at 12, there's no way we're moving back....

And if by some fluke we traded down ...and then Dallas (or whoever) landed Berry at #12... I may have to stab myself with a spoon.

The only reason I would trade the #12 pick is for thier 1st and 2nd (maybe 1st and 3rd), but not for any player on thier roster. And I'd rather draft D. Bryant then trade for Crayton. Trading for Barber!!! Ludicrous. Ya that's exactly what we need. Another injury prone RB.

I wouldn't mind trading down and picking up and extra pick and/or player. Earl Thomas should still be there later in the 1st and he would be my suggestion for who to select at that position.

This obviously means Jerry Jones wants Dez Bryant badly and hoepfully we can use that as leverage to fudge a great deal for us.

cowgirls need a left tackle bad!!!! i was thinking they would need to trade up to replace flozell. i think a deal is already in place since they already cut flozell

wasnt there just athread where we were talking trade with dallas for austin? maybe this is part of that.

Any trade would almost have to include Miles Austin.

Our first and Ted Ginn for Austin would be an acceptable trade to me.

wasnt there just athread where we were talking trade with dallas for austin? maybe this is part of that.

Excellent point, This is the time of year you take into account everything you read & hear. Alot of people gave hell to the guy who posted the Smiley rumor, only two read the next day on every paper in South Florida Smiley was on the block. I clearly stated it as a rumor, and it might not be legit, but we don't know that.

Last edited by a moderator:
cowgirls need a left tackle bad!!!! i was thinking they would need to trade up to replace flozell. i think a deal is already in place since they already cut flozell

This makes more sense to me than anything.

Why would they have cut Flozell without having a replacement plan in place? Regardless how many penalties he gets a game, a team that is pushing to get back to the NFC Championship or Superbowl doesn't remove a LT without a plan.

Considering Romo IS the franchise, it simply doesn't make sense to leave the most important player's blind side unprotected.

Also, I think some of these moves we are seeing is the result of teams taking every chance to dump overpaid players in the uncapped year.

Looking at their WR corp for a sec, it would make more sense to me if they were to trade Roy Williams (overpaid). Austin and Crayton can hold their own. And if you're preparing to make Austin THE guy, it only makes sense you could move Williams out to clear the way for salary and team chemistry purposes.

I could foresee their 1st, Williams and another pick to get our 1st.

Back
Top Bottom