Rumor: Fins Hoping to Reunite Tanny and Swope | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Fins Hoping to Reunite Tanny and Swope

i love steadman bailey also and would be stoked with that but i don't view him as a win only option in the slot...he's got the feet and the deceptive speed to do damage on the boundary...so i view him as more versatile...love those feet...i'd take them both swope and bailey and be damn happy i pulled it off

Which is kind of my point. If a guy can go inside and outside then he's worth a relatively high pick. A slot only guy isn't worth that to me. I think if you look around the league at slot only kinds of players (ie, don't play on the boundary and don't offer much if anything in the return game) you'll find they weren't drafted very high, if at all.

The only ones I could find are Harry Douglas, Earl Bennett and Early Doucet, who were all third rounders. Emmanuel Sanders has been used primarily as a slot guy but he had return ability coming out of SMU.

All three of those guys can help your team and make a few plays, but none of them are worth a third rounder. Not to me. I'm not looking to come out of this draft with an Earl Bennett for my third round pick.

The size would be but if you really go back through their draft history, the speed is not.

really?

Name: [SIZE=-1]Donald
Driver
[/SIZE]

College:
[SIZE=-1]Alcorn
State
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Number: [SIZE=-1]0[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Height:[SIZE=-1] 6-0[/SIZE][/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Weight:[SIZE=-1] 188[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Position: [SIZE=-1]WR[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Pos2:
[SIZE=-1]Class/Draft Year:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Sr/1999[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]40 Low:[/SIZE] [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]40
Time:
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]4.45[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]40
High:
[/SIZE]

Name: [SIZE=-1]*Randall
Cobb
[/SIZE]

College:
[SIZE=-1]Kentucky[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Number: [SIZE=-1]18[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Height:[SIZE=-1] 5-10[/SIZE][/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Weight:[SIZE=-1] 191[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Position: [SIZE=-1]WR[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Pos2:[SIZE=-1] KatQB/ATH[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Class/Draft
Year:
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Jr/2011[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]40 Low:[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]4.39[/SIZE][/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]40
Time:
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]4.46[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]40
High:
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]4.58[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
Name: [SIZE=-1]James
Jones
[/SIZE]

College:
[SIZE=-1]San
Jose State
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Number: [SIZE=-1]3[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Height:[SIZE=-1] 6-1[/SIZE][/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Weight:[SIZE=-1] 207[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Position: [SIZE=-1]WR[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Pos2:[SIZE=-1] KR[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Class/Draft
Year:
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Sr/2007[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]40 Low:[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]4.50[/SIZE][/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]40
Time:
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]4.54[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]40
High:
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]4.61[/SIZE]

Name: [SIZE=-1]Jordy
Nelson
[/SIZE]

College:
[SIZE=-1]Kansas
State
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Number: [SIZE=-1]27[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Height:[SIZE=-1] 6-3[/SIZE][/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Weight:[SIZE=-1] 217[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Position: [SIZE=-1]WR[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Pos2:
[SIZE=-1]Class/Draft Year:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]rSr/2008[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]40
Low:
[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]4.45[/SIZE]
[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]40 Time:[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]4.51[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]40
High:
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]4.57

[SIZE=-1]Name: [SIZE=-1]Greg
Jennings
[/SIZE]

College: [SIZE=-1]Western Michigan[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Number:
[SIZE=-1]15[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Height:[SIZE=-1] 5-11[/SIZE][/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Weight:[SIZE=-1] 197[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Position: [SIZE=-1]WR[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Pos2:[SIZE=-1] KR[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Class/Draft
Year:
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Sr/2006[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]40 Low:[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]40
Time:
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]4.42[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]40
High:
[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

I say bring in as many WRs as possible. Turn WR into a strength and hence Tanny into a strength

I say bring in as many WRs as possible. Turn WR into a strength and hence Tanny into a strength

Couldn't agree more. if I were GM I would sign Wallace/Jennings, keep Hartline and draft two receivers in the first three rounds.

Greg Jennings is only 5'11? DOG. HOW HE PUT DA TEEM ON HIS BACK DOE?

Couldn't agree more. if I were GM I would sign Wallace/Jennings, keep Hartline and draft two receivers in the first three rounds.

While I see the upside of adding talent at WR, I still believe a upgrade at TE is a absolute must.

If we sign a top WR and draft a top WR, then go with Swope, we did a fantastic job. If anything else happens aside from that, I do not believe it is a wise decision.

My biggest fear is that we are headed for "sign jennings and draft Swope and call it a day at WR".

I am deathly afraid that ireland will have no part of any WR draftee that is a major home-run speed burner like Patterson, Austin or Bailey.

Swope will go in the 3rd round. If we don't take him New England will. I highly doubt he falls to the 4th. He's quick, good routes, good hands, good RAC. While he lacks the straight line speed, he does have the quickness to separate. He is 6'0 but as a former RB he is comfortable taking hits and making yards after contact. IMHO, he is going to be a solid move the chains slot WR in this league, and he's highly unlikely to be a bust. He will definitely be better than some of the 2nd round WR's and will be a productive guy. I'm hoping we grab him in the 3rd round.

Swope would have to be the third new addition at WR. If they sign Jennings or Wallace and draft someone in the 2nd (Patterson, Allen, Hopkins, Hunter, Woods, Patton, etc. or higher), or if they go ham and draft two WR's early, I can see Swope being a valuable peace. Don't know if we want to commit that much to the position, but the #1 you draft or sign replaces Hartline, and 2nd pick kicks Bess into a battle for the #3 spot with Swope. Having both Bess and Swope to work the middle of the field would really give Tannehill some great 3rd and 4th options in Spread packages. Hartline and Swope can't coexist in my opinion, and I don't really want him back anyway.

He does remind me a bit of a bigger Wes Welker. I think he'll be a stud in the right situation.

1. Lane Johnson
2a. Robert Woods
2b. Trufant/Poyer
3a. Wheaton
3b. Swope

I don't know if you can take on that many rookies at one position, but I'd dig it.

Look at what the Colts did with Luck and the Redskins with RG3. They got them weapons asap. After Luck, 2 TE's and a WR with the next three picks (with a D in worse shape than ours).

every time i look at swope highlights i think welker

We all know, Swope has good hands, plenty of speed, has a knack for getting open and runs excellent routes. He is intelligent on the pitch and is very much a Joe Philbin player, in pretty much every way. He is also Ryan Tannehills former house mate and best friend .. if that doesn't breed chemistry and understanding on the field what will?

This game video sums up all of the above and demonstrates why I think he will be so effective, he absolutely rips apart Byalor in the red zone

[video=youtube;8JCIL8U9yz0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JCIL8U9yz0[/video]

However an aspect of Swops game that is under appreciated is how tough the guy is, Swope is 6 foot, he isn't a giant or built like a tank but he is tough he can take hits and keep going, he can catch under pressure and he can block - very well. I think blocking is something that would be appreciated by Philbin/Sherman, sort of in the way they love Fasano, not a stud but a productive, honest player who gives it his all. This is a damn good example of how tough he is.

[video=youtube;K_DOyi6tx5E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_DOyi6tx5E[/video]

Im no draft expert, but I watched all of the A&M games last season to check out Tannehill and as a result I sort of follow them now, I watched most the games again this season and I love this guy. He will never grab the national attention during draft time but he a reliable, tough, smart receiver who we could bring in and get production from in week one. I love this guy.

Back
Top Bottom