Rumor: Fins Hoping to Reunite Tanny and Swope | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Fins Hoping to Reunite Tanny and Swope

My biggest fear is that we are headed for "sign jennings and draft Swope and call it a day at WR".

I am deathly afraid that ireland will have no part of any WR draftee that is a major home-run speed burner like Patterson, Austin or Bailey.

I said something very similar earlier in the thread. Couldn't agree with you more.

What's the problem, Swope is a bigger, stronger version of Wes Welker and Davone Bess with longer speed. He is an upgrade over Marlon Moore and Armon Binns. Grabbing Swope with our latter 3rd round pick would be ideal, but we may have to snatch him up with our early 3rd pick.

And don't worry, I'm sure we are going to either acquire one of the big FA Wrs (Jennings, Wallace, or Bowe) and/or draft a first-round talent WR; I'm hoping its Cordarelle Patterson, that guy is a PLAYMAKER and future stud in the NFL.

We currently have 7 WRs on our roster. Brian Hartline (if we re-sign him), Davone Bess, Armon Binns, Jeff Fuller, Rishard Matthews, Marlon Moore, and Brian Tyms.

This is what I would like to see on our roster look like after the FA/Draft for WRs:

Greg Jennings, Cordarelle Patterson, Davone Bess, Ryan Swope, Rishard Matthews, Jeff Fuller, Armon Binns (1st yr WR needs a longer look), and Brian Tyms (deep speed practice Squad WR). This unit not only improves our speed significantly but also mixes in some pretty good possession WRs.

If we do sign of the big FA WR, there is no need to re-sign Brian Hartline for $6 mil a year to be our #2 when Patterson would be more effective for less money. If we did re-sign Hartline, Patterson would take the job out right before October ends so it makes no sense to me. Don't get me wrong, I like Hartline, he plays hard but we need playmakers who score TDs, and once we sign a big FA WR, there is no need to speed more money on a #2 when we can grab a really good WR in the draft.

If we resign Hartline and take say Jennings, I will bet money our first pick will not be a WR. Much to the dismay of all the Patterson-Allen lovers.

If we resign Hartline and take say Jennings, I will bet money our first pick will not be a WR. Much to the dismay of all the Patterson-Allen lovers.

Agreed, Patterson would be great but we have too many other needs to go WR if we get Jennings and keep Hartline.

Are 6ft guys who run in the 4.5s all that uncommon? Seems like there's a bucket full of those guys every year. BJ Cunningham and Rishard Matthews both fit that profile and were taken in the 6th and 7th rounds. And anyway is there a confirmation that Swope is a full 6ft. 206? He always struck me as sort of a boxy 5'10 guy, but I guess I could be wrong.
Swope Senior Bowl weigh-in.
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Weigh-In.php
Ryan Swope
Texas A&M
6'0¼
30⅜
8⅛
72½

what could we get back for Bess in a trade? a 4th?

A desperate team may offer a fourth, but most teams would offer a fifth. Bess is a great slot/possession WR who can move the chains, but he does not score a lot of TDs.

Back
Top Bottom