Rumor - Grier And McDaniel On The Hot Seat | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor - Grier And McDaniel On The Hot Seat

Clickbait.

Based on a caller asking the question and the host just saying there's a possibility based on Stephen Ross' age. Sure, anything is a possibility and McDaniel is going into his 3rd year (which is as long as Gase lasted). However, he's made the playoffs in his first 2 years to place him on the "hot seat" at this moment is entirely premature.

If they get off to a crappy start next year, like 1-4 or so, the heat will start, but I'd say it's rather cool at the moment.
Every year, every player every coach is under scrutiny.
Only the owners are safe.

I don't know about Grier but McDaniel will definitely have a more hot seat after year 3 if they don't win a playoff game. If they have legitimate talent with a good QB with expectations of being a SB team, 3 years of losing in the 1st round would not be acceptable.

I don't know about Grier but McDaniel will definitely have a more hot seat after year 3 if they don't win a playoff game. If they have legitimate talent with a good QB with expectations of being a SB team, 3 years of losing in the 1st round would not be acceptable.
Yep and Mike McDaniel signed a 4 year contract when he became the head coach of the Dolphins and this upcoming season will be his 3rd year. That means a decision will have to be made on his future after next season unless they decide to let him be a lame duck coach in 2025 which is highly unlikely.

Most of that talent was injured.

Most of that talent was injured.

I'm aware but if the offense is electric with a good QB and a pretty good defense, it gets to the point where you become the Marvin Lewis Bengals if you lose in the first round 3 years in a row which looks bad for the whole regime. It means Grier is probably signing and drafting too many guys who are injury prone if that's the case again and/or McDaniel can't coach the team over the hump. I think it's a fair assessment that in year 4 in that scenario, McDaniel would feel a lot more pressure to win a playoff game.

Not sure about this. The rumour I’ve been hearing is that Ross himself is on the hot seat.

Apparently it’s all but done. He’s trading himself, his entire real estate portfolio, the stadium and Kraft’s “massage therapist” for for Jerry Jones, Dak and a lifetime supply of Canadian bacon. He’s all in on winning.

It's a rumor yes.....but it kind of makes sense....

I don't know....on the one hand I can totally see Ross flipping out with the coaches like Carroll out there and his age if we stink...

But I don't think we will stink so on the other hand I see him being patient...

More likely ...if we are mediocre if anyone goes I'd think it'd be Grier but he's Mr. Can't be blamed for **** so :shrug:

I'd agree with that if it wasn't for the fact that half the roster was injured for the playoff game.

I agree...to a point...it's 2 years in a row now injuries are our main excuse for the 1 and done playoff experience....as much as it may be true you can't continue to blame it on injuries every year....well you can but in the end excuses are just that....change is inevitable if the course remains the same...

Gier picks the players...McDaniels calls the plays...when he can get them in on time. Another implosion like the last two years and yes...he's definitely on the hot seat. His play calling in big games is God-awful!

But, but, but I thought getting into the playoffs their 1st two years as a team was a good thing?

Oh, I get it.
Terrible hyperbole. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom