Running and defense wins championships | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Running and defense wins championships

Derrick Henry is powerful but he is not fast at all. The Titans will wear him out if he gets 30 carries a game, he wont last 5 more years in the nfl.

As for the Ravens, imagine them without Lamar Jackson.

Not fast at all? Why do you even talk football? Pretty sure he was a sub 4.5 40 guy in the combine or close to it.

One thing I’ve learned over the years is there are almost no absolutes in life and once you think you’ve figured something out it’s changed. For me football is the ultimate team sport. Henry is getting all the credit today And to be sure he had a great game, but the OL played well, Tanny made plays, the WR did their jobs, and the D played great. It was a great game plan. In short it was a total team effort and I think the Titans would tell you that. Once you start looking for saviors that undermines the team concept.

When was the last time you've seen a wild card team win two road playoff games where the QB throws for 72 and 88 yards? This is an anomaly. Not a recipe for success. What Derrick Henry has done in these playoffs is rare, but if he gets gassed they're toast.

Let's see what happens if they fall behind and have to throw the football 20+ times in a game.

Of course the OL needs to be drastically improved, and of course we need to add two guys to the RB room. But we also desperately need a QB if we want to compete on a yearly basis. Tailbacks have a short shelf life. If the Titans lose Henry in FA they are done.

The teams with elite QB play are, for the most part, the perennial contenders. That's where I want to be.

All of can think of is Lamar Smith against the raiders after carrying the entire team the week before vs Indy

I'll let you call it what you like, but it's not sustainable, and that's the point.

Solid coaching and good game plans are not sustainable? Have you not watched the Patriots in the last 20 years. If that is not the definition of sustainable than I don't know what is.

Henry has very good speed, excellent for his size. I've been saying this for a few months now, let's get a big time RB on the Dolphins. Build the o-line and watch how much pressure it takes off your passing game. Drives are longer, TOP starts going our way and the opposing defense is wearing out. If you have all that and an elite passing game we're talking Super Bowl.

They're a .500 team at best without Derrick Henry performing at an All Pro level. They need him, and they need him to be unstoppable every single week. I want a potent rushing attack, but I don't want to have to rely on that on a weekly basis in the postseason.

LOL. TANNEHILL LED THE LEAGUE IN PASSER RATING AND YPA.

That

The titans, packers, Seahawks and 49er know better than you.
I see you fail to mention Kansas City, who most likely will be the AFC representative in the Super Bowl. Being able to throw it and scoring is the best way to sustain success over a long period of time. J-off-her-doll said it best in a previous post, it's not smart to make judgements in a single elimination game because it is such a small sample size. I actually heard people try to make the point that the defense was the difference in the Philadelphia vs. New England Super Bowl. A game that Brady threw for over 500 yrds. and scored 33points.

Back
Top Bottom