Ryan Tannehill: Final Word | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill: Final Word

If none of the top six players drop then you have to compare Tannehill to the value thats left.Coples > Effort issueReiff > RT reach and not your prototypical LT eitherIngram > Great player but a tweener and lots of pass rushers in this draftDecastro > Guard is a reachKuechly > Limted to MLB is a reachAny WR other then Blackmon is not required for WCO and would also be a reachTannehill is the pick unless Claiborne, Richardson, or Blackmon falls to us. He may be a reach but so will everyone else. QB is our biggest need too.If not there, trade down for more second and third round picks.

your exact quote from yesterday "lol, because some draft guru says we should take him in the first to get him we have to listen to them, remember ryan leaf and jamarcus russell what the draft gurus said about them?? I looked at plenty of hightlights and hes a good prospect but to be honest i compare him alot to matt moore, only thing is he is much younger so he can get better but hes arm strength just isnt worth a 1st round pick"

After you watch some more youtube....I mean game tape, you'll change it to how he reminds you of Pat Devlin.

well i must be saying something right if you are literally saving my posts from a week ago lmao. Matt moore , chad henne, whatever, does it matter? hes not worth a 1st, all that really matters in the end.

How does he compare to J Clausen and M Sanchez who you stand behind??

Not as good as Mark Sanchez, about even with Clausen....

...not as good as Chad Henne, who's obviously better than Matt Ryan according to you.

About even with Sam Bradford, who looks a lot like Clausen.

Good post, but I respectfully disagree.......this franchise has to roll the dice on a QB and I really like Tannehill's potential. Obviously he has limited experience which more than explains some of the negatives you detailed. This franchise has got to stop passing on quarterbacks...it is the major cause of the failure of the last 12 years of franchise history.

So reach and hope for the best, just to say you drafted a QB? :ponder:

The OP in better detail explained things better than I have. I being in BIG 12 country seen this kid alot. I seen him meltdown in certain games, just throwing **** up in the 2nd half causing his team problems. People need to get off YOUTUBE and actually know what he does when things get tight and when things matter. Slim put it there for ya.

But that doesn't matter to you and others like you. You want this FO to reach for a prospect that will get people fired. It already cost one coach on this NEW MIA staff their job. If Tannhill is taken at #8, this FO and Coaching staff will get booed out of town within 3 years.

well i must be saying something right if you are literally saving my posts from a week ago lmao. Matt moore , chad henne, whatever, does it matter? hes not worth a 1st, all that really matters in the end.

You've said nothing that I agree with and i've saved none of your extremely uneducated gibberish posts. You made your awful Moore comparison yesterday. Wasn't hard to find either. It was still on the first page. I felt as if I needed to call you out on it because it seems that your wealth (being used very loosely) of football knowledge goes no further than the Dolphins seeing that you've compared Tannehill to both Moore and Henne, two very different QB's. Nice try though

So reach and hope for the best, just to say you drafted a QB? :ponder:...

"I seen him meltdown in certain games, just throwing **** up in the 2nd half causing his team problems.". I understand what you are saying, but let's remember, he only started 19 games. Experience and coaching MIGHT fix those kinds of issues.

But to me it doesn't matter, Miami needs a franchise QB. It's abundantly clear we aren't going to get one through free agency, ever. Therefore, our only alternative is to draft the best available QB, EVERY YEAR, until we find our franchise QB. It's really that simple to me.

:lol:

Man Marshallfin1 just.stop.already.

But Slimm always, I agree with you 100%, but I kinda got a feeling this was to get a boost in voting for your MM matchup, eh?

:lol::lol:

I think QB's can show leadership skills without being vocal and screaming at receivers and lineman when they mess up. Take the Manning Brothers. Peyton is more of a vocal leader, and I have seen where he is miked up and yelling at his lineman and receivers for screwing up their blocking patterns and routes.

Eli Manning isn't like this, but he has more of a quiet confidence, and he seems to be able to shake off a bad INT, and just keep playing at a high level. I loved Dan Marino, but I think at times he maybe let his emotions get the better of him by screaming at his receivers. Dan demanded perfection out there, but sometimes you have to let things go and focus on the next play. Tannehill isn't a rah-rah, get-in-your-face QB, but he is a smart guy, and I think he has a lot of upside as he hasn't played QB that long. I think him having been a wide receiver is helpful in knowing how to get the ball to guys in their routes.

:lol:

Man Marshallfin1 just.stop.already.

But Slimm always, I agree with you 100%, but I kinda got a feeling this was to get a boost in voting for your MM matchup, eh?

:lol::lol:

Tylerdolphin needs to win something. He gets hosed out of that Most Comedic award every year. If the voting was close I was giving him my vote to put him ahead... don't look like he'll need it.

Tylerdolphin needs to win something. He gets hosed out of that Most Comedic award every year. If the voting was close I was giving him my vote to put him ahead... don't look like he'll need it.

To the contrary.. it's less about the 3rd world terrorist getting "hosed" and more about him being the equivalent to Kansas last night :up:

If I am making the pick at 8 I am taking Kuechly then following up with Weeden who is ready to face NFL competition. Tannehill is benefiting from the lack of QB talent in the draft and moving up only because of the amount of teams looking for that franchise guy. I am not sold on him and would actually rather wait a year if they don't want/can't get Weeden. There is a much better class next year giving the Dolphins the possibility of having options with their first pick, or put themselves into position to move up.

I'm really back and forth on this one. If we had the old coaching staff, and we were looking at drafting Tannehill, I'd be pretty set against it. I don't see him as a player who will succeed regardless of destination. Of QB's in recent years, Newton and Luck are the only two who make me say: 'This guy will find a way to get it done - wherever.' I know you still have reservations about Newton, but that's another discussion. But when I factor in his intelligence, his skill set, and our coaching staff, I see a guy who could definitely be a bigger, faster A. Rodgers (speaking only of his ceiling). He definitely needs development, but if our staff decides that he's the best guy to develop, I can really get behind that.

On the other side of that coin:

He does need to be developed. If the staff thinks they can just as well develop R. Lindley (for example) and get him in the 3rd, then, yeah, by all means, draft Kuechly, Floyd, or someone else. Looking back, could J. Campbell have turned out like A. Rodgers if the situations were reversed? Decent chance. But I think the staff has to be comfortable with who they're developing. If they believe in him, and he has the tools, I think they'll get it done.

I've been saying this for the last 2 years and I will continue to say this; if the head coach and GM of the Miami Dolphins see a QB and they feel they can build an offense around him and win games with him, you take him no matter what. You don't take a QB just to take a QB, and honestly with how the offseason has gone I think we are preparing to either A)Draft Tannehill or B)Draft a guy in round 3 to develop like Ryan Lindley (who has 3 years of WCO experience) or Brock Osweiler. IMO I think Weeden is more of an option for Cleveland than us.

As of right now, it's Tannehill as choice one, Kuechley as choice 2, and Melvin Ingram as choice 3. If Blackmon falls, I think you take him no question, if Richardson somehow falls to us, I'm trying to coax the Bengals to giving up their 2 first rounders.

I've been saying this for the last 2 years and I will continue to say this; if the head coach and GM of the Miami Dolphins see a QB and they feel they can build an offense around him and win games with him, you take him no matter what. You don't take a QB just to take a QB, and honestly with how the offseason has gone I think we are preparing to either A)Draft Tannehill or B)Draft a guy in round 3 to develop like Ryan Lindley (who has 3 years of WCO experience) or Brock Osweiler. IMO I think Weeden is more of an option for Cleveland than us.

As of right now, it's Tannehill as choice one, Kuechley as choice 2, and Melvin Ingram as choice 3. If Blackmon falls, I think you take him no question, if Richardson somehow falls to us, I'm trying to coax the Bengals to giving up their 2 first rounders.

Unless you're really turned off by Floyd as a person, I don't think there's much of a gap at all between he and Blackmon. If anything, I like Floyd a little better as a player. For what we're going to be doing, though, I think Kueckley will be more valuable than Blackmon or Floyd.

Back
Top Bottom