Ryan Tannehill: Final Word | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill: Final Word

I think Blackmon fits the offense a bit better, and while I'm not totally against Floyd he's just not choice numero uno

"I seen him meltdown in certain games, just throwing **** up in the 2nd half causing his team problems.". I understand what you are saying, but let's remember, he only started 19 games. Experience and coaching MIGHT fix those kinds of issues.

But to me it doesn't matter, Miami needs a franchise QB. It's abundantly clear we aren't going to get one through free agency, ever. Therefore, our only alternative is to draft the best available QB, EVERY YEAR, until we find our franchise QB. It's really that simple to me.

So you would draft the Brady Quinn's until you hit a Matt Ryan? All the while not taking a P. Willis? Makes NO ****ING SENSE!

The major cause of the failure isn't passing up on quarterbacks... it's passing up on franchise caliber quarterbacks. There's a difference.

For example, when they passed on Matt Ryan, they took Jake Long and ended up with a helluva player (when healthy). They made a safe decision, but not the best one to make Miami a competitive team year in and year out.

When they passed on Brady Quinn, they made a wise decision. But they un-did that wise decision with a completely incompetent pick, when the best defensive player in the draft was sitting right there.

They made a bad decision passing on Drew Brees, but compounded that by trading a draft pick for a quarterback who was already washed up even before he was injured. The injury just exacerbated his demise. They should've traded up for Jay Cutler instead when they knew they couldn't land Brees. It could've been done because that's exactly what Denver did....traded up to #11 to take him.

Wannstedt didn't try hard enough to get Matt Hasselbeck in free agency. He went to Seattle and led them to the superbowl instead.

Here's my point, nobody is a stronger proponent of building around the quarterback position than I have been for a long time. But quarterbacks often boil down to gut feeling. It's what's in your gut that you're eventually going to go with. Taking blind stabs just to take them in an attempt to make up for all your past mistakes will get you nowhere just as fast.

Tannehill just isn't the quarterback that you want to pass up elite talent for in the top 10 of the draft. You're reaching for something that isn't there right now. Which is always acceptable as long as you're not passing up a truly elite player at another position.

There's a quarterback who's better than Tannehill right now who Miami might be able to get at the top of the 2nd round. There's 3 or 4 other quarterbacks in this draft that Miami could get even later than that who are no more developmental than Tannehill is, and have just as much upside.

It makes no sense to take the same caliber of player with the 8th overall pick that you can get with the 73rd overall pick.

Your post makes the assumption that ..............No.1) Your perception is reality and perfect!

I remember being angry when this franchise passed on Drew Brees for Jamar Fletcher....at the time many "draft experts" weren't so sure.

I remember wanting Aaron Rogers with the No. 2 overall in 2006....the draft experts on THIS board didn't think much of Rogers....I did. Boy wasn't Ronnie Brown great?

To paraphrase George Young...Former Dolphins and Giants executive..."If you don't have a franchise QB, you keep drafting until you get one"

Nothing else matters.........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Glad somebody agrees with me on this one.

I watched MOST of his games this year, and have watched another 3 of them over and over.

This kid has forever to go before he is a good QB, and I honestly saw way way too many mistakes for me to think he ever will be.

He has a really really bad habit of predetermining his target before he even receives the ball from the center...and he doesn't look off of that very often.

The kid can indeed run, but that alone won't do it at the next level.

I saw him make LOTS of really bad throws against very mediocre defenses all season long. I kept wondering "Where the heck was he throwing that", and the cameras repeatedly showed that he indeed was not throwing it near anybody.

Even at an elite position, that we might or might not be needing, this kid is NOT worthy of a top 10 pick. Not even close!

My final word will be this....if Mike Sherman ( who knows this kid better than any fan or amatuer)...believes in this kid as having it...its good enough for me.

We'll see what happens, obviously philbin did not believe in Flynn...Sherman's opinion of Tannehill will weigh heavily.

I watched the kid and liked what I saw.

We'll.never take.this dude... everyone expects us to take him. Hell be there at 8the and we wont. Take him. This a looks and feels like a brady quinn scenarjo all over again. Man my fingers are too fat for this phone... sorry for the ****ty spelling.

well i know one thing...if tannehill is there at #8 and they don't take him they pulled the blanket completely over my head...cause i think this suckers locked up if he's on the board

well i must be saying something right if you are literally saving my posts from a week ago lmao. Matt moore , chad henne, whatever, does it matter? hes not worth a 1st, all that really matters in the end.

So you admit you're basically making **** up at this point? Stop posting and educate yourself, then come back.

I have to say your final assessment of Ryan Tannehill was dead wrong, he clearly displays franchise QB talent.

I have to say your final assessment of Ryan Tannehill was dead wrong, he clearly displays franchise QB talent.
viewing the edvidence last night, I don't know if I'd personally call him franchise yet... but I would call him the starter for game 2 of the preseason.

There's plenty to like about him, but not in the top 10. He's not a franchise quarterback.

If it's me, I'm taking an elite player with that pick and not apologizing for doing it.

This is what I was referring to, a quarterback with the size, arm, athletic ability, to include running 4.5's.....is an elite player.

I think we saw the type of throws in a just a little over a quarter of play that you look for in a franchise QB, to include two nice touchdown throws.

I was referring to your statement, "he is not a franchise QB"...I think your wrong.

viewing the edvidence last night, I don't know if I'd personally call him franchise yet... but I would call him the starter for game 2 of the preseason.

Bill, you have to be impressed with this kids talent, he clearly is the best quarterback talent we've seen in a Dolphin uniform since Danny.

I see him clearly as the starter for this team in 2012.

This is what I was referring to, a quarterback with the size, arm, athletic ability, to include running 4.5's.....is an elite player.

I think we saw the type of throws in a just a little over a quarter of play that you look for in a franchise QB, to include two nice touchdown throws.

I was referring to your statement, "he is not a franchise QB"...I think your wrong.

There's a lot more to it than that I'm afraid. I'm not convinced he'll be a franchise quarterback, but more of an effective game manager. Being a franchise quarterback has nothing to do with the type of throws you make in a pre-season game against backups.

The most impressive thing about Tannehill last night was that he knew exactly where to go with the football because of his familiarity with the structure of the offense and it's concepts. He was decisive and accurate.

However, he didn't face any pressure, and didn't have to win a game in the 4th quarter.

I know a lot of you are excited and feel a little bit like toddlers with a new toy, I understand. But you're actually being a bit unfair to him at the moment. He'd tell you the same.

There's a lot more to it than that I'm afraid. I'm not convinced he'll be a franchise quarterback, but more of an effective game manager. Being a franchise quarterback has nothing to do with the type of throws you make in a pre-season game against backups.

The most impressive thing about Tannehill last night was that he knew exactly where to go with the football because of his familiarity with the structure of the offense and it's concepts. He was decisive and accurate.

However, he didn't face any pressure, and didn't have to win a game in the 4th quarter.

I know a lot of you are excited and feel a little bit like toddlers with a new toy, I understand. But you're actually being a bit unfair to him at the moment. He'd tell you the same.

I didn't start watching football yesterday...I know a franchise quarterback when I see one and I'll guarantee you this kid is it.

You can play with semantics all you want, but if Andrew Luck and RG3 are considered franchise QB's, this kid is one as well.

I know you consider yourself some sort of expert, well, I've been watching football for 42 years and my track record has been pretty strong when it comes to anaylizing quarterbacks.

My response to you was based on your assessment that this kid was not as good as the aformentioned prospects, not worthy of a top ten pick...and finally not someone that will ever be a franchise QB...just a game manager.

I'm sorry, Jay Fiedler was a game manager...Ryan Tannehill's skill level is far above that.

I suppose he'll have to win a Superbowl before you'll admit you were wrong about him?

I'm certainly glad you are not the one making the call on Dolphin drafts...or this team would still be looking for the future at quarterback, but we'd have a nice safety or CB.

Back
Top Bottom