Ryan Tannehill: Final Word | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill: Final Word

i think tannerhill is the answer, he is going to go through a learning curve and need better receivers and much better blocking up front.

This is a good examination of how Tannehill played in college, and how most people felt about him before they started salivating over him in a Dolphins uniform.

Hindsight is 20/20.. however:

Luke Kuechly at #8 and Russell Wilson at #42 look a lot better than having Ryan Tannehill and Jonathan Martin.

I was not on this board at the time, but I wanted Miami to take Kuechly and Wilson.

I don't think anyone would disagree with having Luke Kuechly and Russell Wilson over Ryan Tannehill and Jonathan Martin.. or actually just Tannehill cus that's all that's left.

Hindsight is 20/20.. however:

Luke Kuechly at #8 and Russell Wilson at #42 look a lot better than having Ryan Tannehill and Jonathan Martin.

I was not on this board at the time, but I wanted Miami to take Kuechly and Wilson.

I don't think anyone would disagree with having Luke Kuechly and Russell Wilson over Ryan Tannehill and Jonathan Martin.. or actually just Tannehill cus that's all that's left.

Kuechly and another QB over Tannehill OR......

Matty Ice and whoever at LT over Jake Wrong?

That is the real question.

Kuechly and another QB over Tannehill OR......

Matty Ice and whoever at LT over Jake Wrong?

That is the real question.

When Boston College produces a blue chip, must-have, can't-miss player, you have to take them. Even if Wilson/Foles was a failure, you would have had Kuechly, Wilson, the opportunity for Manziel/Bortles/Bridgewater. Hell, I would be cool with Garrofolo.

Shoulda drafted Kuechly and Lavonte David in 2012 and went with Foles or Wilson in round 3. The following year, don't trade up for Dion Jordan. Get Kenny Vaccaro and Kiko Alonso. Boom-- all-decade defense, linebackers for the next 15 years.

Amateur draftniks on this board would have been better GMs than Jeff Ireland. This is not hindsight at work, this is what people actually were clamoring for.

When Boston College produces a blue chip, must-have, can't-miss player, you have to take them. Even if Wilson/Foles was a failure, you would have had Kuechly, Wilson, the opportunity for Manziel/Bortles/Bridgewater. Hell, I would be cool with Garrofolo.

Shoulda drafted Kuechly and Lavonte David in 2012 and went with Foles or Wilson in round 3. The following year, don't trade up for Dion Jordan. Get Kenny Vaccaro and Kiko Alonso. Boom-- all-decade defense, linebackers for the next 15 years.

Amateur draftniks on this board would have been better GMs than Jeff Ireland. This is not hindsight at work, this is what people actually were clamoring for.

I was big on taking Keenan Allen at #12 (even though he fell to #76) and Eddie Lacy at #42. I think everybody would take those two over Dion Jordan. But that isn't hindsight, it's foresight. Something Ireland lacked so badly.

Kiko was gone before Miami's 2nd round pick, and Vaccaro is better at Strong Safety where he plays now, and RJ is solid. But Vaccaro is that good to where he could be a very good Free Safety.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda...........

Didn't. End of story!

Final word - Tannehill blows.

who are you gonna replace him with? Jake Locker? Connor Cook? Brett Hundley? I've said multiple times I think Tannehill is an average starting qb. And will never be more than that. Miami won't be in position to draft Jameis or Mariota. And Connor Cook and Brett Hundley are just as inconsistent as Tannehill and won't be upgrades. Actually that would be down grading.

who are you gonna replace him with? Jake Locker? Connor Cook? Brett Hundley? I've said multiple times I think Tannehill is an average starting qb. And will never be more than that. Miami won't be in position to draft Jameis or Mariota. And Connor Cook and Brett Hundley are just as inconsistent as Tannehill and won't be upgrades. Actually that would be down grading.

Kirk Cousins, maybe? I'm curious to see what happens in DC between Cousins and Bob Griffin; either way there is a very good chance one of the two of them will be on the market next year. Cousins played well today and in 2012, but was awful last year, I'd be interested to see if he develops this year. RGIII is more fragile than glass, but if he came available for cheap, I could see us being tempted, especially Hickey since his contract is only two years and he's not going to tie himself to a guy that he didn't pick in Tannehill.

What longtime NFL scout Dan Shonka said about Ryan Tannehill:

2012 Guide: What Ourlads' NFL Scouting Services said about RYAN TANNEHILL: Texas A&M, 6037 221 4.65. Started 19 games at quarterback in his career and ran an NFL scripted offense installed by former Packer head coach Mike Sherman. He caught 11 passes for 143 yards before moving over to quarterback at mid-season in 2010. Played under center and also in the shotgun. A right-handed passer with good arm strength and athletic ability. Athletically Tannehill has certain critical factors and position specifics that are holding him back. Book smart but does he process football information quickly at the line of scrimmage or on the run? There were several cases where he could have easily run for a first down and he threw a poor pass or threw the ball away. Consistency was best against weaker opponents. Against Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas State, Texas, and Oklahoma State his record was 0-6 and he had a 12/12 TD/INT ratio. He averaged 5.7 yards per attempt in three games completing 57% of his passes. His decision making and field vision are in question because of throwing into double coverage and forcing the ball into coverage. He doesn’t seem comfortable in the pocket. Throws best on roll out and sprint out type action. Ball placement has been inconsistent, struggling to put the ball where the receiver doesn’t have to adjust before running. Despite his tall stature his delivery point is low and gets several tipped passes. Must develop quarterback sixth sense in the pocket. He has the athletic tools to play quarterback, but lacks the game time experience of several quarterbacks coming out. He needs to improve on his accuracy, “feel” for the position, decision making, game management, and consistency. As a wide receiver, Tannehill caught 112 passes good for 4th in school history and gained 1596 yards which ranked him 5th on the Aggie all-time list. He also scored 10 receiving touchdowns. He is the only FBS player with 3000 passing yards and 1500 receiving yards to his credit. He also has a 400-yard passing game and a 200-yard receiving game. Grades out as a good backup who may be an eventual starter with developmental time. 2011 stats: 327/531, 3744 passing yds, 61.6%, 29 TDs, 15 INTs. Did not work out at the Combine. Second/third round. (A-32 5/8, H-9, SS-DNP, VJ-DNP).

Back
Top Bottom