Ryan Tannehill is the NFLs most underrated QB. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill is the NFLs most underrated QB.

What's your read on Tankersly, bad pick, future starter or pro bowl potential ?

I like Belichick's grading system

1. Starter
2. Potential Starter
3. Developmental Player
4. Backup
5. Will not make the roster.

I see Tankersley as a 4, maybe a 3 at tops. I hate that he's not an involved tackler. BB wouldn't even glance in his direction b/c of that, but we don't quite have those standards to uphold at CB to be so picky.

Can I assume you might be enamored with him simply b/c of his arm length?

I like Belichick's grading system

1. Starter
2. Potential Starter
3. Developmental Player
4. Backup
5. Will not make the roster.

I see Tankersley as a 4, maybe a 3 at tops. I hate that he's not an involved tackler. BB wouldn't even glance in his direction b/c of that, but we don't quite have those standards to uphold at CB to be so picky.

Can I assume you might be enamored with him simply b/c of his arm length?
4 is exactly where I would put him he's grabby on tape and we have 2 corners like that already. I don't think his arm length can compensate for his lack of short area explosion.Plus he's bout to be 24 smh.

I don't like like Belichicks grading system because there's no superstar, elite, pro bowl projection. Starters don't = difference makers and you should be trying to get a star with every pick that includes the 7th round.

Last edited:
4 is exactly where I would put him he's grabby on tape and we have 2 corners like that already. I don't think his arm length can compensate for his lack of short area explosion.Plus he's bout to be 24 smh.

I don't like like Belichicks grading system because there's no superstar, elite, pro bowl projection. Starters don't = difference makers and you should be trying to get a star with every pick that includes the 7th round.

Meh. I'm pretty sure if Belichick has players attending the Pro Bowl he is one pissed off MF'er. It's meaningless.

And if those "superstars" demand too much money he's more than happy to move on from them.

Meh. I'm pretty sure if Belichick has players attending the Pro Bowl he is one pissed off MF'er. It's meaningless.

And if those "superstars" demand too much money he's more than happy to move on from them.

That type of grading scale definitely fits Belichick personality tho.

I have Tank as a 3 maybe a 2. Crazy thing is, this is the range (3) where a lot of us had Howard as well. Gonna be interesting to see if they can prove a lot of us wrong two years in a row while drafting the CB position.

The tackling thing is his biggest knock but these guys in Miami will not let him get away with that much. Most of our DB's are pretty physical. Young players who hang around with others often enough may take on some of those personality traits and pride is a funny thing. Wait until he has to tackle Landry in practice and he tries to go high. He'll get a lot of grief from the locker room and nobody wants to be the only guy on the team being called soft. There's real competiton between Gases' offensive guys and the defense. You can get away with it in college when you are usually one of the best athletes on the field. Not when you are #4 in the pecking order.

The tackling thing is his biggest knock but these guys in Miami will not let him get away with that much. Most of our DB's are pretty physical. Young players who hang around with others often enough may take on some of those personality traits and pride is a funny thing. Wait until he has to tackle Landry in practice and he tries to go high. He'll get a lot of grief from the locker room and nobody wants to be the only guy on the team being called soft. There's real competiton between Gases' offensive guys and the defense. You can get away with it in college when you are usually one of the best athletes on the field. Not when you are #4 in the pecking order.
that's true. Tony Lippett came here afraid to tackle. last year I saw immense progress in that department

Back
Top Bottom