Salguero: A Dolfan's warning to Joe Philbin | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: A Dolfan's warning to Joe Philbin

DAMN... you all sound like a bunch of pre-boob teenage girls.. "He said this.. no he said that.. no he said this and that"..

The bottom line is Sal is correct.. Philbin is not the mighty savior we hoped him to be.. He has his positives.. he's good at making sure shoe laces are tied and he keeps one clean practice field.. but the man has a lot of skoolin to do.. Him and his staff got abused by Billy and the Pats coaches in both games they played this year.. and IMO Belichick is the benchmark right now.

He's only in his first year coaching, we've seen things to get excited about, but we've also seen the same ol predictable, conservative BS... I'll give Mr Philbin one more year to find the "IT" factor.. the ability to win a game when your totally out matched.. If he doesnt show any drastic signs of improvement, the only word to come out of my mouth would be "NEXT" and then start the search all over again for someone that can bring us back to the Don Shula glory days..

DAMN... you all sound like a bunch of pre-boob teenage girls.. "He said this.. no he said that.. no he said this and that"..

The bottom line is Sal is correct.. Philbin is not the mighty savior we hoped him to be.. He has his positives.. he's good at making sure shoe laces are tied and he keeps one clean practice field.. but the man has a lot of skoolin to do.. Him and his staff got abused by Billy and the Pats coaches in both games they played this year.. and IMO Belichick is the benchmark right now.

He's only in his first year coaching, we've seen things to get excited about, but we've also seen the same ol predictable, conservative BS... I'll give Mr Philbin one more year to find the "IT" factor.. the ability to win a game when your totally out matched.. If he doesnt show any drastic signs of improvement, the only word to come out of my mouth would be "NEXT" and then start the search all over again for someone that can bring us back to the Don Shula glory days..

"From 1991 until 1995, Belichick was the head coach of the Cleveland Browns. During his tenure in Cleveland he compiled a 36–44 record" well you "benchmark" was pretty awful before he got handed his golden egg in the 6th round, Belicheck gets 4 seasons in CLE to be bad, but Philbin lets give 2 years and see ya

"From 1991 until 1995, Belichick was the head coach of the Cleveland Browns. During his tenure in Cleveland he compiled a 36–44 record" well you "benchmark" was pretty awful before he got handed his golden egg in the 6th round, Belicheck gets 4 seasons in CLE to be bad, but Philbin lets give 2 years and see ya

You're a funny guy... you give me a thumbs down because you want us to be more like the Cleveland Browns.. F the Cleveland Browns.. We're the Miami Dolphins.. we deserve better

You're a funny guy... you give me a thumbs down because you want us to be more like the Cleveland Browns.. F the Cleveland Browns.. We're the Miami Dolphins.. we deserve better

not funny, just stating facts, did i say i want the phins to be like the browns? NOPE, if you said 3 years i would have not even thought about it, but Philbin came in as a rookie HC with a rookie QB and zero playmakers besides Bush to work with and still managed to win 1 more game in a year that expectations were by most "experts" a complete rebuild 3-5 win year, you mention how they got abused by the almighty Belicheck, but completely dismiss the 1st game when the Phins had something to play for and the Pats came in as the hottest team in the NFL averaging 35+ pts a game, held them to 23pts, Brady had his worst statistical game of the year and the came was right there until the last few minutes, yes almost and very close dont mean much but lets not act like only the 28-0 game in december at Gillette where nobody wins in december against a team with everything to play for was the ultimate end all be all

not funny, just stating facts, did i say i want the phins to be like the browns? NOPE, if you said 3 years i would have not even thought about it, but Philbin came in as a rookie HC with a rookie QB and zero playmakers besides Bush to work with and still managed to win 1 more game in a year that expectations were by most "experts" a complete rebuild 3-5 win year, you mention how they got abused by the almighty Belicheck, but completely dismiss the 1st game when the Phins had something to play for and the Pats came in as the hottest team in the NFL averaging 35+ pts a game, held them to 23pts, Brady had his worst statistical game of the year and the came was right there until the last few minutes, yes almost and very close dont mean much but lets not act like only the 28-0 game in december at Gillette where nobody wins in december against a team with everything to play for was the ultimate end all be all

Come each August.. I bet you're one of the guys that preaches "its only a pre-season game.. So relax.. wait for the games to mean something" The bottom line is Philbin has earned the right to coach for another season.. and if you cant see what the guy brings to the table after 2 full years.. then you need to open your ears.. eyes and mind..

Come each August.. I bet you're one of the guys that preaches "its only a pre-season game.. So relax.. wait for the games to mean something" The bottom line is Philbin has earned the right to coach for another season.. and if you cant see what the guy brings to the table after 2 full years.. then you need to open your ears.. eyes and mind..

So in your opinion after two years in Cleveland Billy should have been out of the NFL then? Right? You say after two years you should be able to tell so with a 6-10 and 7-8 season under his belt he was a failure.

Stability in an organization, a big time QB and time to implement a system certainly didn't help Billy boy out at all on his second time around I guess. Judging what Philbins celling is after one season is about as close minded and shortsighted at anyone could be.

I wondered why we ever kicked a FG...The kicker would only see action if the clock was running out unless I had a winning record. This team has bottom dwelled and the games all seem "scripted" to the point of not even trying most weekends. We the Fans of anybody but the chosen few (Pats,Ravens,Pack,Niners,Giants,Colts,Occasional oddity like Seattle,etc) are stuck rooting for the Harlem Globetrotters punk teams. If not for FFB I would not even watch any longer...just wait to read how far the Pats or Colts got last season.

Honestly...If any of us actually gave a rats behind the NFL should be getting complaints daily about leveling the field through the draft and FA.

So in your opinion after two years in Cleveland Billy should have been out of the NFL then? Right? You say after two years you should be able to tell so with a 6-10 and 7-8 season under his belt he was a failure.

Stability in an organization, a big time QB and time to implement a system certainly didn't help Billy boy out at all on his second time around I guess. Judging what Philbins celling is after one season is about as close minded and shortsighted at anyone could be.

Let me teach you a life lesson.. Just because Billy Boy ended his 2nd season in Cleveland with a losing record doesnt mean he didnt have the tools be one of the better coaches in the league.. All it means is that something was broke in their system... It might have been BB.. or it could have been the players.. or it could have been the staff.. or shoot.. it could have been the owner.. I dont know and I dont care because I dont follow Cleveland.. I dont follow them now.. and I sure as heck didnt follow them 20 years ago..

I do follow the Fins.. have for a very very long time!!! Since Shula left, this team has been doing nothing more than going thru the motions without a sense of direction.. JJ was around, Saban popped his head in for a brief visit and for a very short time, we had hope.. Bill Parcells landed a job here also.. the fan base was in total joy and delight, however every part of the Parcell's deal stunk.. For those that could see thru the hoopla of his name and reputation, we knew it was a losing deal for us.. In fact, at the time, my signature read "Bill Parcells, Hire gun de jour".

Today we have Philbin and like I said, he has shown enough this last season to warrant another year and I still have hope he will be our leader for years to come.. but I have seen some signs thats have been troubling.. His team has came out flat on a few occasions.. took them midway thru the 2nd quarter to get their game face on.. Some of his decisions have been questionable.. Kicking field goals when we should try to score a TD.. or wasting 20 seconds at halftime by taking a knee and retreating to the locker room.. Thats at least 2 plays they are walking away from..

Jim Harbaugh has his players believing in him and his philosophy 100%.. They have totally bought into his system without question.. Can you say that about Philbin and the Phins? Don Shula's players loved him and respected him.. at the same time, they hated him for his demanding attention to detail. Believe it or not.. you can be liked and respected at the same time.. and I get the sense (thru Hardknocks, interviews and media) that the players only respect Philbin because he is the coach of the day..

Today, we all know more about who Joe Philbin is... We've seen the new QB, we've seen the new coaching staff, the new system and we've seen the philosophy that Philbin is trying to project.. I cant speak for you... but I know it will only take me one more season before I can truly evaluate just how good Joe Philbin will be for the Miami Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom