Salguero: A Dolfan's warning to Joe Philbin | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: A Dolfan's warning to Joe Philbin

I wish someone would send a letter to Armando about Armando:

Armando,

I'm a life long Dolphins fan living in New York. Living in NY I have a better pulse on what the Bills beat writers are doing than I do the Miami Dolphins beat writers. I'd take Mark Gaughan of Buffalo articles eighty five times over yours and four thousand times on Sunday. The problem is speculative writing and reaching for news worthy facts. While Gaughan covers more the basics of football like the head coaching search in Buffalo, the up coming draft, team needs and free agency you tend to cover things like Where is Steven Ross's private jet heading, could it be for a new GM, Yesterday I talked to several "inside" sources and they all say Egnew isn't going to make it and of course what really is the Miami Dolphins off season plan?

While the stories you provide are indeed entertaining for there lack of insight they are also ready available from the lowest of website including Bleacher Report. I would like to see more out of you Armando, gaining slightly more football related topics would get you to the level of Omar but that isn't a very lofty goal either, that is like aspiring to star in Killer Klowns From Outerspace yeah it gets you on TV but an Oscar nod it will not. No Armando I think you can get to Ben Volin's level with a little effort and insight. Grab a seat and a keyboard and call of those "inside" sources and grab and interview with Ryan Tannehlll or Cameron Wake. Maybe even some insight into the actual reason Ross's jet heads toward NYC so often his huge development project in Manhattan. Maybe a little depth on contracts of veterans like Bush, Hartline and Long or maybe an article on how Philbin persevered in Miami even after the loss of his given the one year anniversary of his death is upon us.

So in closing enough of the half truth and speculation that makes up little more than tabloid news, give us something on par with the local new paper, we aren't asking you to be the BBC News or Time, just good enough to be a Buffalo beat writer with some Miami sprinkled in. That's all we want.

Thank you,

The Fans.

Can this be post of the year?

LOL at the notion that I don't break any news. Remember when I wrote last January that the Dolphins were switching to a 4-3 defense? And Armando tried to claim that the report was bull****? How'd that one work out?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/27/dolphins-may-not-be-changing-to-a-4-3-after-all/

And that's just one example.....
Armando actually took a few shots at you last week when you reported that Sean Smith was going to get the franchise tag. The callers of the Joe Rose show also take shots at you for being an Ireland apologist. The natives are restless down here.

honestly, I've got the twitter feed for VIPers and omar puts out a lot of good material on twitter, I've actually gained a lot of info from reading it.

honestly, I've got the twitter feed for VIPers and omar puts out a lot of good material on twitter, I've actually gained a lot of info from reading it.
Really? He also does a pretty good job giving interviews on WQAM.

Philbin went for a field goal from the exact spot the Patsies passed on kicking one from earlier. The call at hand was moronic and thinking the game would have changed with that field goal is equally moronic.

Unfortunately we struggle getting ten yards on three downs yet alone picking up a first on fourth and nine. This offense is the definition of conservative. We've lacked the big play possibility for the last five years, I doubt that changes. Philbin may not be the next coming of Shula but we should have a pretty good idea after the season whether or not he's our guy. We either have a good season and he sticks around or he and Ireland both get the boot. I can't imagine a in between scenario. Ireland should get him the players he needs, it will be up to him to make his legacy as a HC in the league. I've been a strong backer of Philbin well before he was signed, I just hope he produces the goods.

The game is about momentum, Kaeding makes the kick its 14-3 and your kicking off with the Pats likely starting at the 20-25, with a stop and maybe a decent punt return, 1 or 2 first downs your in FG range again but hopefully a TD, if Philbin goes for it on 4th and NINE and the play fails to pick up the 1st, everyone would have been killing Philbin for giving the almighty Brady a short field...thats just a fact, easy for that guy who wrote the email and Armando to play monday morning QB

Maybe Philbin believed in his defense? you know the thing that was supposed to be the strength of the team? the one that let up a 94 yard drive, and after the missed FG the same one that let Brady drive down the field for another TD? how about the concept of making a stop?

You can also reference the 34-0 embarrassment the Giants received from the Falcons with their season on the fringe meanwhile the Phins were playing for nothing, the great "elite" Eli put up a whopping 0pts, the Giants kicker missed an early FG, switching momentum, from then on Coughlin went for it on 4th down multiple times, resulting in nothing but failed attempts giving the Falcons more short field which let them keep scoring which demoralized the giants and quickly put the game out of hand

A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

Ben Volin is a better writer than Armando. He reports news, doesn't gossip or put out spin columns.

Though Barry Jackson is probably the best of all. He gets the true breaking news and notes(perhaps Armando steals from him) and reports it as it is. Facts without the opinionated nonsense and spin that comes from Armando.

Ben Volin is a better writer than Armando. He reports news, doesn't gossip or put out spin columns.

Though Barry Jackson is probably the best of all. He gets the true breaking news and notes(perhaps Armando steals from him) and reports it as it is. Facts without the opinionated nonsense and spin that comes from Armando.
I like Dave Hyde the best. He's another guy that's in bed with the front office and he gets good news.

He's making analytical points, but still makes the same moronic mistake of spelling Sparano's name wrong.

If you can't pay enough attention to detail to spell someone's name correctly that you've probably seen a hundred times, how do you expect anyone to put any sort of stock in what you're trying to say now?

so ur going to use his grammar to comment on his letter?? Like his point of view or not, he makes some good points. Who gives a **** about his spelling of our ex-coaches name... Has no bearing on what he is trying to say and is a weak response to his letter.

If I sent an e-mail to Armando outlining why I think Philbin is a good coach and predict that he will become a great coach down the line, do you think he prints that? The answer is NO.

Also, the majority if the article isn't even substance from Armando, he just posted an e-mail that was sent to him. How come he has never posted an e-mail of a positive nature? 90% of his blogs are Dolphins bashing articles and how "alarming" certain things are. He is an admitted anti-Dolphins person and this is why he posts garbage like this. Ben Volin reads FinHeaven, but you never see him writing a blog by posting an entire thread topic by someone else. He actually writes ORIGINAL informative articles. Armando and Omar write garbage.

You just proved my point for me, though. Armando writes the way he does because there are plenty of writers who cover the Dolphins that "play nice" all the time and write nothing but fluff pieces. He is purposely blunt, and, yes, sometimes negative, in order to try and stand out. He is appealing to the disgruntled segment of the fan base, which is quite large. Ben Volin may write what you consider to be "original" articles, and while I did really enjoy his "breakdown" style ones this past season, he is the biggest homer this side of Andy Cohen a lot of the time. If that's what you like, more power to you. I'm not even saying I like Salguero's articles. I don't think he writes any better than a lot of guys out there. I just can see why he does what he does. His style has merit in an "against the grain" way. While his slant may often be negative, it is also an honest unfiltered truth most of the time. Most guys out there are either too big a ***** to be critical because they risk losing access. I don't always agree with Armando but at least he doesn't pull punches. I can respect that. There is plenty of room for writers who are something other than a kiss-ass spinster too.

Basically, we all know the style he writes in by now. To be bothered by it would be like being appalled and disgusted by Howard Stern for being crass.

Back
Top Bottom