Salguero: A Dolfan's warning to Joe Philbin | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: A Dolfan's warning to Joe Philbin

Ben Volin is a better writer than Armando. He reports news, doesn't gossip or put out spin columns.

Though Barry Jackson is probably the best of all. He gets the true breaking news and notes(perhaps Armando steals from him) and reports it as it is. Facts without the opinionated nonsense and spin that comes from Armando.

Ben Volin also writes for the Palm Beach Post, not the Miami Herald. Does Volin have to produce articles with the same frequency as Salguero? Are there other writers who cover the Dolphins at the PBP like there are at the Herald? There are different types of articles that journalists are tasked with. Salguero's job is often not to "report news" (most of which is complete "press release" style drivel that a manatee could write). It is to write editorials. I agree with you about Barry Jackson, though. He is excellent.

Yeh the game had nothing to do with the fact that one team was playing for something really important and another team was playing for nothing. Oh btw, the Patriots are one of the best teams in the league and the dolphins are still trying to find their way with a far inferior roster of talent. But yeh it's a coaching thing.

Citing his "source high up within the organization", Armando was able to break the news that the Mike McCoy hiring was imminent.

Armando had a webshow last year for a couple of months(it failed and they pulled the plug). Maybe I am wrong, but I think I remember there being a thread on here that on his show the news was broken that Philbin was eliminated from head coach search. That night Philbin was hired.

Armando had a webshow last year for a couple of months(it failed and they pulled the plug). Maybe I am wrong, but I think I remember there being a thread on here that on his show the news was broken that Philbin was eliminated from head coach search. That night Philbin was hired.
One of his guests told him that Philbin was eliminated. He made a phone call during the next commercial break and reported that it was untrue.

Citing his "source high up within the organization", Armando was able to break the news that the Mike McCoy hiring was imminent.
He reported that McCoy thought himself as the leading candidate. Chris Mortensen reported the same thing and went a step further saying that Ireland told him that if everything went well that he would be named head coach the next day.

I was genuinely happy when I thought Armando was leaving for Boston. We need more like Ben Volin, less like Armando

so ur going to use his grammar to comment on his letter?? Like his point of view or not, he makes some good points. Who gives a **** about his spelling of our ex-coaches name... Has no bearing on what he is trying to say and is a weak response to his letter.

Yeah, because spelling never matters for anything.

I take it you've never written a paper and received a passing grade.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

He reported that McCoy thought himself as the leading candidate. Chris Mortensen reported the same thing and went a step further saying that Ireland told him that if everything went well that he would be named head coach the next day.

Armando, is that you?

Ben, if you are still reading this thread, you do a phenomenal job. Your work is much appreciated. Your writings are must read and your radio appearances with Joe Rose and others are must-listen.

valid point but sometimes its early and u just take the points.

I would agree with that. But wind conditions were unfavorable and because of that the Pats earlier tried to go for it rather than kicking a FG. Under normal circumstances the Pats would have taken a FG as well rather than going on 4th and 6 or 4th and 7.

You can give Philbin as much rookie credit as you want to but in game 16 you have to know what to do in these situations.

Yeah, because spelling never matters for anything.

I take it you've never written a paper and received a passing grade.

When you graduate and move into the real world, you'll find that spelling only matters to administrative assistants and Microsoft Word's spell checker. I've worked for six figure controllers and one CFO that couldnt spell for crap. Harping on this stuff is just getting off topic.

When you graduate and move into the real world, you'll find that spelling only matters to administrative assistants and Microsoft Word's spell checker. I've worked for six figure controllers and one CFO that couldnt spell for crap. Harping on this stuff is just getting off topic.

Awesome, that's your job.

Most other jobs aren't like that.

If you can't spell, your points are more likely to be disregarded. Who thinks something intelligent and worth listening to is going to come from a person that can't spell a simple word?

Awesome, that's your job.

Most other jobs aren't like that.

If you can't spell, your points are more likely to be disregarded. Who thinks something intelligent and worth listening to is going to come from a person that can't spell a simple word?
What most other jobs? I'd guess the majority of jobs that require proper spelling, also provide PC's or Macs, machines that provide spell check tools. Heck, even this casual fan forum has a spellchecker. Oddly enough, Sparano's name comes up misspelled...on a Miami Dolphins fan site. Tells me all I need to know about the importance of getting his name right.

Anyway, we're WAY off topic now. I think that, while that fan letter made some valid points, I'd probably be more upset about attempting a FG on 4th and 3 than 4th and 9.

What most other jobs? I'd guess the majority of jobs that require proper spelling, also provide PC's or Macs, machines that provide spell check tools. Heck, even this casual fan forum has a spellchecker. Oddly enough, Sparano's name comes up misspelled...on a Miami Dolphins fan site. Tells me all I need to know about the importance of getting his name right.

Anyway, we're WAY off topic now. I think that, while that fan letter made some valid points, I'd probably be more upset about attempting a FG on 4th and 3 than 4th and 9.
spellcheck certainly helps with words like Thier/their etc. However if you can't figure out the difference between You're, Your etc, spellcheck will not help you decide the proper word, it'll only make sure the word you chose is spelled correctly.

Mando is easily the worst writer covering the Dolphins. He's worse than Omar Kelly IMO
Gave you the thumbs down because your way off base here...

Kelly is hot garbage. Way worse than Mando could even dream. I know it looks bad when Mando writes articles based on idiot fan e-mails but frankly, I've seen worse from Omar. If you want, I will do some research to prove my point to you but I'd rather save the time and allow you the chance to acknowledge that you have seen the light and had a change of heart.

Omar sucks the bag, plain and simple.

Back
Top Bottom