sanchez named starter | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sanchez named starter

the next dolphins celebrity minority owner?

Or the next Jest ownership nutty slutty offspring?

2qxxf93-1.jpg

How did it end in a tie?

you can't say that Sanchez grabbed the bull by the horns the guy was terrible when Baltimore had their starters on the field, Ray Lewis should have had a pick six as well. he did have one good pass he also tried to change a play completely from a run to a quick pass but he failed he looked like he only guy who knew about the change. gotta work on communication there kid and he was absolutely flustered under pressure.

Everyone who has been to TC has said it was real close...neither one of them were able to really step up and take the job. The coach had to make the decision, neither one made it for him....sounds like a tie to me.

Tie goes to the rook.

Have you been to camp? All the reports are that both have had decent camps but Sanchez has been better. The decision didn't have to be made today, it could have been made a week from now.

You're joking right? Elite? That RB was being covered by a LB who didn't even look back at the ball. Elite??? Kyle Orton could've completed that pass..

We are discussing a technical skill within the realm of passing technique. Whether the LB was looking or not is immaterial!! Throwing to the back shoulder of a receiver to place the ball where only the receiver can catch it is another passing technique. The back shoulder throw is easier to achieve than a "bending the receiver route" throw. Have you seen Kyle Orton attempting the back shoulder throw? I was ROFL when you suggested Orton could complete that pass.

It's a throw EVERY QB should make. nothing elite about it.

No, it is not. I would agree that the back shoulder throw on an out route at 15 yards is a minimum bar for an NFL QB. I strongly disagree that a "bending the receiver route" throw is a minimum bar type throw!!

Mike Martz is drinking the kool aid on Sanchez.

I have no idea whether Martz is "drinking the kool aid on Sanchez" and overestimating his impact. I do think he knows a thing or two about NFL QBs.

Sanchez, and the Jets are in for a rough ride..... I give em 6 wins tops!

Sanchez is going to make a lot of mistakes. He did show that he makes rookie mistakes during the Ravens game. My comment is about potential not performance. There is a difference.

you can't say that Sanchez grabbed the bull by the horns the guy was terrible when Baltimore had their starters on the field, Ray Lewis should have had a pick six as well. he did have one good pass he also tried to change a play completely from a run to a quick pass but he failed he looked like he only guy who knew about the change. gotta work on communication there kid and he was absolutely flustered under pressure.

He was a rookie in his first start and he bounced back leading a TD drive. Look at Ryan's preseason a year ago and their first 2 game are very similar.

I can say with confidence Henne will be way better then this kid

:lol2::lol2:

i'll forgive you obviously you have not been watching henne

You're joking right? Elite? That RB was being covered by a LB who didn't even look back at the ball. Elite??? Kyle Orton could've completed that pass.. Hardly elite. It's a throw EVERY QB should make. nothing elite about it. Mike Martz is drinking the kool aid on Sanchez. Oh he may develop into a decent QB, but seasons like Joe Flacco had.. (Which was hardly pro bowl cailbre) or more impressively the season Matt Ryan had are anomalies.

Sanchez, and the Jets are in for a rough ride.. And in hindsight.. I wasn't overly impressed with their defense either. I give em 6 wins tops!

First off, our defense wasn't really showing much. We had 4 sacks in the game and a couple of INTs. We were also without 2 impact players in Kris Jenkins and Darrelle Revis, both all pro players.

Now about Sanchez, what you just said was ridiculous. That was not a typical placement by a rookie, Mike Martz did a great job at breaking it down. Usually a QB would throw over the top which makes it a harder throw, one of the qualities people love with Sanchez is how mature he is with how he understands ball placement and to set his feet before he throws.

You saying Sanchez will only be decent at best is HOPING that hes only decent at best, because every analysis has been saying Sanchez could be a great NFL QB before he was drafted. With all the bad luck the Jets have had in their history, I think they are bound to start hitting luck and find their franchise QB. I guess you have to count the 3 dropped INTs the Jets had against Pennington week 17 last year, guess he had 4 INTs that game.

I really could care less if Sanchez is a bust or not. I just refuse to drink the kool-aid until he shows some consistent Qbing. The fact that he couldn't beat out Clemons in a QB battle the ended as a tie is not a ringing endorsement.

?????? He did beat Clemens in a battle, the fact that a guy who's been in the system for 4 years couldn't beat out Sanchez shows that Sanchez deserved the job.

He did score a TD against the Ravens starters, the only 2 that were taken out were Lewis and Reed.
Any rookie QB at this point of the season would look bad against that defense, heck veterans llook bad against that defense. They were blitzing and attacking, it wasn't like they played a very vanilla defense that you would normally see in preseason games. People liked the way he didn''t back down and battled.
Hes not facing the Ravens defense the rest of the season, hes also going to get better.
Joe Flacco started the season with 1 TD 7 INTs last year, he looked bad early on.

?????? He did beat Clemens in a battle, the fact that a guy who's been in the system for 4 years couldn't beat out Sanchez shows that Sanchez deserved the job.

Clemens reminds me of Losman, so it's not much of a win.

I like Sanchez though I think he has that "it" we always talk about with QB's. I do think he will be benched before the Bills game though, and then probably get his job back at some point later in the season.

Everyone who has been to TC has said it was real close...neither one of them were able to really step up and take the job. The coach had to make the decision, neither one made it for him....sounds like a tie to me.

Tie goes to the rook.

But thats more of a negative on Clemens then it is on Sanchez. This is Clemens 4th season and its Sanchez's first.

Back
Top Bottom